Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 503

@ nlbsmglsk  It had been a while since I played Shooting Star...just tried it again on my initial run for the week and I think it has enough variation to be a challenge. The ending section even creeps into Adv-level territory a bit. I'd say 5.5 but could see an argument for 6. 

I didn't expect you to change it at this point, no worries. When I saw it was selected I thought I must have misremembered what I rated it, only realized I rated it a 5 when I checked in the SSL. In any case, it's a classic.

My initial scores for the week:

Cool song...I had downloaded it but never played it before:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

This song was inspired by rock stars dying young from alcohol and drug abuse in the early 70s (Morrison, Joplin, Hendrix):

I can see how the more hard core players would enjoy this...for me the fun was quite ruined by the runs of arpeggios that no normal human could play:

• Like 5

On 6/12/2023 at 2:44 AM, lowender said:

My first score for advanced bass so far this week 🤩

ad bass 503.jpg

WOW! Bravo! 👏 👏 👏

You just got promoted and are already raising the bar! 👍

Tough competition but exciting challenge. I hope I have time to improve my score this week...

• Like 2

Should go to bed, but not before playing a little! 🎶

"Lost on you" is a perfect song if you just want to play something relaxed...

----

I think I am playing the Rhythm part almost OK, but it is really hard for me to get a perfect streak playing chords...So I am not happy with this result...

If I ignore that, this is an enjoyable song to play.

evRcEiY.jpg--

--

I enjoy the Lead guitar is playing the same as the singing melody.... 

It is a beginner song but needed a little bit of practice!

5Tczj7U.jpg

• Like 4

I don't own a capo, so I thought let me try the intermediate song. I am just now learning its supposed to be finger picked from this thread lol! Yeah I got bored of practicing the solo bits over and over when they are just way out of my speed wheelhouse right now. 

Week 503 lead int.jpg

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, nlbsmglsk said:

nice, how was it?

Really good, the band is in great shape and setlist was significantly different than at the concert last year. I was only hoping to be closer to the stage but the crowd was amazing and I only managed to get somewhere 1/4 of the way from the stage. 🙂 Here you can clearly see (opening song - obviously not my video):

• Like 4