Annoying when people dont add tone changes on songs with clean parts

Wormweed

Question

Why are some people too lazy to add tone changes when they are in EoF allready? I'm not asking for perfectly matched tones, but please just add the tone changes and a generic clean tone, so it's possible to just edit the tone, without having to fix the song in EoF and add the tone changes there.

I know it doesn't take that much extra time to do it while you are in there syncing it etc.

I tried asking 2 of the people that make cdlc like that, but they didnt bother replying. The rest of their cdlc is usually good, so i tried to ask nicely if they could add tone changes in the future, but no.

14 answers to this question

Yea i understand that , but you need to understand that the people making those cdlcs are making alot more cdlcs , and when you make many cdlcs its hard to not fuck it up , i personally make all my cdlcs recorded and upload them to youtube so if i fucked up i know i did but you got to have at least 2-3 cdlc you are not happy about them and you got the struggle inside of you if you want to get in the Eof edit everything , go to the toolkit and reupload  , and even then you think to yourself "Do anybody cares about this differnce at all?"

, At the end of the day you have to understand that the uploader dont get money fame or anything from making this cldc , And only 4-5 people like you say "thank you" or "Pls fix this cdlc"  , so only if more people would care im sure that the uploader will feel bad about it and fix his cdlc , I hope my answer helped you.

• Like 3

Yea i understand that , but you need to understand that the people making those cdlcs are making alot more cdlcs , and when you make many cdlcs its hard to not fuck it up , i personally make all my cdlcs recorded and upload them to youtube so if i fucked up i know i did but you got to have at least 2-3 cdlc you are not happy about them and you got the struggle inside of you if you want to get in the Eof edit everything , go to the toolkit and reupload  , and even then you think to yourself "Do anybody cares about this differnce at all?"

, At the end of the day you have to understand that the uploader dont get money fame or anything from making this cldc , And only 4-5 people like you say "thank you" or "Pls fix this cdlc"  , so only if more people would care im sure that the uploader will feel bad about it and fix his cdlc , I hope my answer helped you.

Explains the situation very well ^^

• Like 1

Check out my Custom Inlays topic here

Customize those dots at fret 3, 5, 7,... with your favourite band logo!

Check out my Youtube channel here

Rock, Punk and Metal Rocksmith playthroughs, Just Dance Audio Swaps and Synthesia Piano Plays

Rise Against DG - ADTR DG - Enter Shikari DG

Beartooth DG - Senses Fail DG - Just Dance Topic

And only 4-5 people like you say "thank you" or "Pls fix this cdlc"

And you know why's that? Because it's nearly impossible to add a comment on CDLC page, even using "last save" method. After n+1 attempt to say thanks, give feedback or point out flaws just to see my post gone again, I just gave up, and I don't think I'm the only one who did that...

• Like 3

• Administrator

I'm not sure what's worse here.

The fact a creator don't seem to care enough about his creation to try to make it as good as possible, the creator that complain about the lack of feedback or the user that complain about CF issue about posting feedback making this an infernal loop where everyone blame the others for his shortcoming.

Yes, a creator that create a CDLC that clearly lacks some important factor to make it enjoyable for the user isn't nice and is a problem.

Yes, the lack of feedback on CDLC and the fact people don't recognize the work put into CDLC is a problem.

Yes, CF has some issue with some user regarding post.

But none of this should stop anyone to :

Try to create CDLC as best as possible.

Try to make CDLC for your own enjoyement of the creation and not to gain fame or feedback.

Try to give feedback by different means like PM for example.

We know that some issue has to be resolve and can be done on our end but we are all working on CF for free and some things takes time to put into places especially when it come to make engagement between creator and user easier. We know not everything is perfect but simply putting the blame and each other like those post won't make things better at all.

• Like 4

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I'm not sure what's worse here.

The fact a creator don't seem to care enough about his creation to try to make it as good as possible, the creator that complain about the lack of feedback or the user that complain about CF issue about posting feedback making this an infernal loop where everyone blame the others for his shortcoming.

Yes, a creator that create a CDLC that clearly lacks some important factor to make it enjoyable for the user isn't nice and is a problem.

Yes, the lack of feedback on CDLC and the fact people don't recognize the work put into CDLC is a problem.

Yes, CF has some issue with some user regarding post.

But none of this should stop anyone to :

Try to create CDLC as best as possible.

Try to make CDLC for your own enjoyement of the creation and not to gain fame or feedback.

Try to give feedback by different means like PM for example.

We know that some issue has to be resolve and can be done on our end but we are all working on CF for free and some things takes time to put into places especially when it come to make engagement between creator and user easier. We know not everything is perfect but simply putting the blame and each other like those post won't make things better at all.

Totally agreed. 

However, i'm not trying to be mean, so don't get me wrong.

But, there are some situations where people do not work with their customs other than sync (or trying to snyc it) and that's all. 

No nvestigation that the tab is good or atleast SOUNS familiar with the original song or to do tone changes (but the last one is not so much bad as the first one).

Again, don't get me wrong, i'm not talking about beginners who for example do theri first customs and/or just started to make them.

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

I don't feel like not adding tone changes for clean parts is a fuck up, it has to be a deliberate decision. I have made some cdlc, and i tried to do my best at the time, and i will take a look at them again if someone finds mistakes. But i just don't see the lack of tone changes a mistake. When you are in EoF you can clearly hear the guitar changes to clean when you are syncing it up, so why not add a tone change there?

I can edit a tone i don't like, so i have no problems with tones that are a little off, but i can't easily add a tone change.

The cdlc i have made has been songs i like and want to play. I have made 1 cdlc on request, but it wasn't as good as id like it to be, so i didn't upload it here, i just emailed it to the guy who wanted it. and he seems to like it. But i just don't want it up here with my name on it when i don't think the cdlc is as good as i could make it.

I don't get money or fame from my cdlc either, nor do i want any. People don't have to thank me for making it either. All i want is for people to let me know if there are problems with it, so i can fix it. Honest feedback is always a good thing, and you should question yourself the moment you are too proud to take constructive negative feedback.

I don't feel like not adding tone changes for clean parts is a fuck up, it has to be a deliberate decision. I have made some cdlc, and i tried to do my best at the time, and i will take a look at them again if someone finds mistakes. But i just don't see the lack of tone changes a mistake. When you are in EoF you can clearly hear the guitar changes to clean when you are syncing it up, so why not add a tone change there?

I can edit a tone i don't like, so i have no problems with tones that are a little off, but i can't easily add a tone change.

The cdlc i have made has been songs i like and want to play. I have made 1 cdlc on request, but it wasn't as good as id like it to be, so i didn't upload it here, i just emailed it to the guy who wanted it. and he seems to like it. But i just don't want it up here with my name on it when i don't think the cdlc is as good as i could make it.

I don't get money or fame from my cdlc either, nor do i want any. People don't have to thank me for making it either. All i want is for people to let me know if there are problems with it, so i can fix it. Honest feedback is always a good thing, and you should question yourself the moment you are too proud to take constructive negative feedback.

I totally agree with you and im pretty much the same , I have made cdlcs i like and i do not seeking for fame or something  but when you give your heart and soul to every cdlc you do and then you see that nobody appreciate it or say thank you its getting very difficult to even care about your cdlcs , I really respect what you said as cdlc maker but like i said there is only a few people like you and me who actually cares. And i think that the man who did not add the clean part on the cdlc is because of that reason , You just cant expect to get a good things when you are not getting any feedback at all whatsoever.

• Administrator

@@yaniv800 Coming from someone that ignored my feedback over reddit (it was harsh but the song wasn't properly synced and you decided to ignore that fact) is slightly amusing especially considering you never updated that CDLC to take into account my feedback either and you never followed on my offer to help you either.

I'm note sure what you are actually waiting for to care about your cdlc?

Also, none of your record has any album art, some have the wrong tuning information because you didn't found the right one (and custom tuning is apparently just too much for you), you never add vocals or bass and rhythm path are a rarity. I'm really note sure where you show that you care a lot about your CDLC.

I appreciate any one that is willing to contribute to the database but at one point, you need to be critical in regards to the work that you put out there and how it will be perceived by others.

Also my CDLC don't get much feedback, yet the quality is way up there cause i want it to be. Feedback isn't and shouldn't be a requirement for quality.

• Like 3

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@yaniv800 Coming from someone that ignored my feedback over reddit (it was harsh but the song wasn't properly synced and you decided to ignore that fact) is slightly amusing especially considering you never updated that CDLC to take into account my feedback either and you never followed on my offer to help you either.

I'm note sure what you are actually waiting for to care about your cdlc?

Also, none of your record has any album art, some have the wrong tuning information because you didn't found the right one (and custom tuning is apparently just too much for you), you never add vocals or bass and rhythm path are a rarity. I'm really note sure where you show that you care a lot about your CDLC.

I appreciate any one that is willing to contribute to the database but at one point, you need to be critical in regards to the work that you put out there and how it will be perceived by others.

Also my CDLC don't get much feedback, yet the quality is way up there cause i want it to be. Feedback isn't and shouldn't be a requirement for quality.

You cant really expect everybody to do a 100% cdlc with  all the instruments which is super hard when you are working on many cdlcs and the tabs youre working with are missing those kind of instruments,

About my last cdlc ive posted on reddit , I never got any comment on this site telling me to fix it , its seems like everyone happy with it and its really unnoticeable anyway.

About "What am i waiting to care about my cdlcs"  I care about them and im not waiting for anyone to thank me , but i wont make a new cdlcs anytime soon because im sick of doing something im tired of and no body appreciate anyway.

About Vocal and bass i dont add the my cdlcs , I just did a song with a bass added but i probably forgot to upload it , I add vocal to each song

at this point im getting really tired to even comment back to something that feels like a false accusation , Im doing all my cdlcs as best as i could , I even take my time and upload them to youtube which is time consuming,

I really want to clarify what i said  , I dont justify cdlc maker that forgot to add tone change or something simple , I just understand his view point why not to fix his cdlc when 99% of the people who download the cdlcs doesnt care about it as only 1% of the people who download the cdlc will ever comment and say "thank you" or "fix this tab"

• Administrator

@@yaniv800 all of your CDLC are out of sync, i doubt any can be happy about it and i already notified you about it and you never changed anything or taken the help i've offered to you (for reference : https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/6xe6wl/rocksmith_2014_drowning_pool_killin_me_new_cdlc/dmfsukq/?context=10000 )

I can understand not doing all the path or not doing high quality chart from the beginning but you've put more than 20 CDLC and all have sync issue.

About Vocal and bass i dont add the my cdlc

I add vocal to each song

So which one is it? and the record on CF don't indicate that the vocals path is available so why not mention it if you actually did the work for it?

I dont justify cdlc maker that forgot to add tone change or something simple

You just cant expect to get a good things when you are not getting any feedback at all whatsoever

It feels like a justification to me : "if you don't get feedback, then putting out bad quality product is fine" is the way i read it.

If you want i can put comment on all your record regarding all the things i consider wrong on your CDLC but since i find more charter that don't fix their issue than people who does, it's a bit hard to invest time into it but if you do want my help, i'll be happy to provide!

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@yaniv800 all of your CDLC are out of sync, i doubt any can be happy about it and i already notified you about it and you never changed anything or taken the help i've offered to you (for reference : https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/6xe6wl/rocksmith_2014_drowning_pool_killin_me_new_cdlc/dmfsukq/?context=10000 )

I can understand not doing all the path or not doing high quality chart from the beginning but you've put more than 20 CDLC and all have sync issue.

About Vocal and bass i dont add the my cdlc

I add vocal to each song

So which one is it? and the record on CF don't indicate that the vocals path is available so why not mention it if you actually did the work for it?

I dont justify cdlc maker that forgot to add tone change or something simple

You just cant expect to get a good things when you are not getting any feedback at all whatsoever

It feels like a justification to me : "if you don't get feedback, then putting out bad quality product is fine" is the way i read it.

If you want i can put comment on all your record regarding all the things i consider wrong on your CDLC but since i find more charter that don't fix their issue than people who does, it's a bit hard to invest time into it but if you do want my help, i'll be happy to provide!

Please dont bother  , If i have any problems with my cdlcs i already know about it because ive recorded and uploaded each and everyone of them to youtube  , You can say that a cdlc is bad , dont have a good tone , the notes are wrong  but its so stupid to say that its "out of sync" if they really "out of sync" like you just said there was no point for me to do another cdlcs because you cant keep up with the notes , at this point im starting to think you that are trolling but i respect what you said and i can agree my cdlcs are not perfect but you cant say that they are bad

...and this is why we really need some kind of a quality filter.  Browsing through songs that look interesting on Ignition, there's no way to tell if it's going to be a firekorn-quality-level, or a badly synced track lacking many parts.  

Maybe instead of allowing all users to vote on quality, a small panel of trusted top-quality charters could deem tracks that meets the highest levels of standard as "CDLC Platinum quality"?  I'd love to go ignition, and check a big box to filter "only tracks that firekorn, Alex360, Dark Seph all agree are as good as Ubisoft output"...

• Administrator

@@JustinAiken This has kinda been discussed to death and the basic conclusion is that we don't have the time/manpower to put that kind of requirement into place in any kind of decent way. It's not that we don't want to, it's just that we can't reasonnably do that.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Whew, It's kinda hard to index 30k+ cdlc including re-uploads and dups so all you really need to do is to put authority on a filter so just selected charter you like are in list so you could go and grab quality work you can do it just filtering by those nicknames at ignition!

but I can't see the solution other than teaching and conTrolling charters, even tho Dark Seph started just recently this year he's doing great at his cdlc and trying to compete against ubi's work, which eve ubi can't maintain at highest lvl(yes they've got lots of charters and they at different lvl of mastery) I'm glad I'm one of the guys who helped him join in the party (mainly fixing damn crappy toolkit under macOS)

And my opinion on topic just simple as: "If I could improve tab or add another similar but slightly EQed tone I'd pick first. I'm bad at doing tones so I omit those lil' tone changes that could be played just fine with base tone. I always as for help to improve one and it gives it's results I even got couple time tones suggestions(not perfect one but free) so If someone will send me a tone and ask for putting it at #TimeCode on arrangement #Path I'll do it faster than commit new ddc version to the toolkit, damn!"

P.S.
someone should offer lessons on CF for charters so they could graduate to senior charter or elite charter, pls!

• Like 1