Dynamic Difficulty Creator

@@Chlipouni

i dont understand it, i asked @@Xstatic to send me his .eof of one custom with a working seek position and he placed section in EOF using the "Also add as Phrases" option like i have been doing it all the time an in my stuff the seek position is not working.

btw. in this video of the Def Leppard song the seek position is working.

As far as i have seen in official songs the seek position has to work.

funny, what if they did in the Lead arrangement a mistake and thats why its not working there, i guess that the video where its working might be the rhythm arr. It could also be that they updated and fixed the song after they released the game thats why in certain videos its not working.

@@MadMaxx,

I don't know why, but on my laptop, the blue line highlights the current phrase but never the seek position in the song.

As you can see on the video I posted for the "Def Leppard" song, all other songs has the same behavior for me (official songs, official DLCs and all CDLCs).

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:

MadMaxx I don't know if it makes a difference but I always manually add the phrase and then go and do the section seperately I never add phrase and check the add a section box.  I started out just checking that box but then I kept having errors with the dd not working.  So I do them separate now.  Something to try atleast.

• Like 1

MadMaxx I don't know if it makes a difference but I always manually add the phrase and then go and do the section seperately I never add phrase and check the add a section box.  I started out just checking that box but then I kept having errors with the dd not working.  So I do them separate now.  Something to try atleast.

Sadly no improvement adding phrases and sections separately. Maybe the game does not like it if the song does start with an offset.

Sadly no improvement adding phrases and sections separately. Maybe the game does not like it if the song does start with an offset.

Did you try to update the "offset" property in the XML file ?

This property is always initialized with the value "0.000".

You could try to set it with the time position of your first beat (the first one after the leading silence).

Did you try to update the "offset" property in the XML file ?

This property is always initialized with the value "0.000".

You could try to set it with the time position of your first beat (the first one after the leading silence).

SNGwriter already auto-generate this property if I remember right.

@@Alex360 and @@Chlipouni

thats interesting i gave the official DLC a look and they dont have an offset of 0. I opened a few songs and they always have the same values, they probably author all songs to start with the same amount of leading silence with the same amount of empty beat lines to keep all songs consistent.

<offset>-10</offset>
  <centOffset>0</centOffset>
  <startBeat>10</startBeat>

In my customs the offset is in the XML set at 0 but in reality its in EOF not 0.

Edit: changing the offset to the same number as the startBeat didnt help either. ill do a test custom and try a few things.

• 1 month later...

Chlipouni,

In order to work well with the DDC creator, should phrases that are SLIGHTLY (just a few notes) different have the same name, or should they be different?

Thanks.

DDC never uses the name of the phrases. It only uses the start and the end position of the EOF phrases as sub-sections. Then it divides each sub-section in phrases in accordance with the phrase length parameter. Then, for each phrase it generates a note map to detect similar phrases (which have the same sequence of notes). A generated name is created for each distinct phrase and applied on each phrase iteration.

An other process is used to link to phrases which have different names but only a few notes in difference (less or equal to 25 percent of differences by default).

You can see the result of this link process in the DDC log file. In the phrases list you have the "parent" column which indicates the link between two similar phrases. In RS2014 the difficulty level of these linked phrases should evolve in the same manner.

For my own CDLCs, I always use the "p" generic name in EOF for each phrase and I let the DDC process identifying the similar phrases ...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think DDC needs more difficulty levels

as the difficulty on No Way To The City

levels up to fast and it's to hard

I think it should let you pick how many levels I want

so like on the chorus

it will have 50 difficulty levels

so I can use the slider 

and it will add less and less

and then this will be the best

Hi,

It is possible to modify the config file and the ramp-up model to add more levels of difficulty.

Can you add a link to the CDLC : "No Way To The City" ?

Thanks

T

so like on the chorus

so I can use the slider 

Hi,

It is possible to modify the config file and the ramp-up model to add more levels of difficulty.

Thanks

That's cool

so where can I found this config?

also will it work with the Toolkit?

and about No Way To The City

that's just a song I made

but I don't think I will release it

and it will only have like 5 downloads

or maybe 15 downloads

like my Rock Band 3 custom

T

so like on the chorus

so I can use the slider 

Hi,

Thanks

That's cool

so where can I found this config?

also will it work with the Toolkit?

and about No Way To The City

that's just a song I made

but I don't think I will release it

and it will only have like 5 downloads

or maybe 15 downloads

like my Rock Band 3 custom

I made a tutorial about DDC : DDC Creator

The config files are located in the DDC subfolder of the Toolkit install.

You can create new files for ramp-up model and config, they will appear automatically in the associated list-boxes of the Toolkit.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally read this whole DDC forum section and updated DDC web site with new DDC categorization information introduced in DDC 2.4. Very impressive work yet again chlipouni. Thanks so much for your dedication and helpfulness!!

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

• 4 weeks later...

Update v2.6 (31/01/2015) :
  - New default value for the phrase length parameter (4).

- Fixed bug : DDC may generate a wrong value in the "count" attributes when it merges all existing difficulties to create the "transcriptionTrack" tag.

- Fixed bug : The highest level of difficulty is not use when DDC merges all existing difficulties to create the "transcriptionTrack" tag.
  - Fixed bug : A measure may be not protected by a preceding one if it contains a new sequence of linked notes.
  • Like 3

Thanks again for your awesome work for this community!

Just to be clear, does v2.6 now allow us to "import" psarcs into the Toolkit and load up the xml files in EOF withough loosing any notes or techniques (since that is what you needed for your Resynchronizer)?

:)

Regards,

Azrael

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Thanks again for your awesome work for this community!

Just to be clear, does v2.6 now allow us to "import" psarcs into the Toolkit and load up the xml files in EOF withough loosing any notes or techniques (since that is what you needed for your Resynchronizer)?

:)

Regards,

Azrael

The fixed bugs are only about DDC issues.

I don't know if they generate any problems for the XML import in EOF...

Do not hesitate to alert use about issues in the tools (they become complex and we need your help to detect the problems  ;) )

Hmm... I assumed this was common knowledge:

When you use the "import package" function of the Toolkit to unpack a psarc file, and load up the generated xml files of the arrangements in EOF, the difficulty levels would in most cases be completely messed up: The highest difficulty would not contain all the notes, but instead the notes would be "spread" over the various difficulties - overall random notes would be missing. All in all you just couldn't unpack a psarc, edit it in EOF and generate a new psarc without risking the loss of information.

I also assumed that this was exactly the problem we talked about in the Resynchronizer thread and that you fixed it in order to improve the Resynchronizer.

I have no idea if the problem is the Toolkit, the DDC or the EOF...

Anyway I just tested it with one of my customs with DDC 2.5 and 2.6 and the results in EOF are messed up in the same way.

Do you need more information to maybe work on that problem?

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy