Dynamic Difficulty Creator

Saved with latest EoF.  Get this error when adding DD:

http://i.imgur.com/SE5xzhW.png

EDIT: Didn't see this in your post becuase it blended in with the background:

(r1398).

DDC should work fine with the new XML files ...

Will try (r1398) now, was using (r1396).

@@Chlipouni Just for the hell of it, I shut down my AVG anti-virus and tried to add DD and it worked.  Odd that it only gets errors with that song.  I can run AVG and not get errors adding DD to other songs. 

Thanks for your time and help.  Sorry the problem was on my end.

• 1 month later...

hi chlipouni. I tried to create a DD version of Kaijin's Still Got The Blues v1.1 but there was an error at the end and no DD file created. So I unpacked it, look for something wrong and I saw the preview volume set to 0. I set it to the same value that the song volume, repacked the song and tried to create DD from tis psarc. And after some windows error, the DD psarc file has been eventually created. Can you look into this please.

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

hi chlipouni. I tried to create a DD version of Kaijin's Still Got The Blues v1.1 but there was an error at the end and no DD file created. So I unpacked it, look for something wrong and I saw the preview volume set to 0. I set it to the same value that the song volume, repacked the song and tried to create DD from tis psarc. And after some windows error, the DD psarc file has been eventually created. Can you look into this please.

Sorry @@BHMath, I didn't quite understand that on the post on the custom's thread.

Ok guys, since I've made the custom, I can provide anything you guys need.

It's a custom with 1 lead, 1 rhythm, 1 bass arrangements and vocals.

I'm going to post a screenshot of how the toolkit "looks" right before generating a .psarc without DD....

http://s6.postimg.org/4fv82wyj5/screenshot_51.png

@@BHMath, when you mentioned the song preview volume, I thought you were referring that both song and preview had the value 0.0.

As you can see from the screenshot, I packed the .psarc with song and preview volumes at 0.0dB.

About the DD.... I never use it on my customs, but when @@BHMath reported this to me, I saved the EoF project to generate "raw" .xml files, I added them to the DDC tab in the toolkit, ramp-up model: ddc_default, config file: ddc_default and phrase length: 4, clicked removed DD and 3 .xml's with DD were created. I then removed all the arrangements from the toolkit like in the screenshot above, added all 4 arrangements again, this time selecting the DDC_*.xml files and after that, the toolkit looks like this...

http://s6.postimg.org/56ny8p0wh/screenshot_52.png

I've generated a PC NDD version, MAC NDD version and PC DD version, all of which worked perfectly without any error.

I don't think there's nothing wrong with the custom files, since the problem only seems to appear with files that have been through the toolkit.

If you guys need anything, just let me know, I have the entire project files already uploaded in a cloud service.

Thanks

• Like 1

@@BHMath, is it about Toolkit's ddc or is it about smth else?(like bpr\ddc cli)

It is about the Toolkit's DDC. I drop the NDD psarc file from kaijin in the DDC tab and the error is "End of Stream reached with 4 byte left to read."

Thanks Kaijin for this details.

• Like 1

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

No problem @@BHMath, anything you guys need, I'm here to help.

The error you mentioned, I've seen it before and I don't know if it's related with DDC, because a friend of mine that has a Mac, sometimes gets that error when he's converting a _p.psarc to _m.psarc, with or without DD and the strange thing is that it seems to occur kind of randomly, since so far we haven't been able to identify 1 single thing in common with all the files that give the error.... there's always something different from file to file, so I don't know what might be causing this error to occur.

When that happens, if he imports the package with the toolkit and then select to generate just the Mac version, no errors occur.

So he figured that it's something to do with the direct conversion from PC->Mac, but now you have the exact same error when trying to add DD to a custom, so I'm a bit lost..... every time I see that error, it's when the toolkit is "working" with the .psarc's directly. If you import those same .psarc's and hit the generate button, the toolkit creates the file without errors, for PC or Mac.

Don't know if this additional info is useful, but I thought you guys would like to know about this too.

Again, anything else you guys need, you know how to reach me.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having a problem with DD on one of my files. First off, I don't use it. I turn the difficulty all the way up in riff repeater and then play. For testing purposes, I continue to use the DD version, or if my wife or someone wants to play one of my songs with DD. Just FYI

It appears to lower certain parts all the way down, which I've never see it do before. I've also been doing my phrases/sections differently, because before I was doing it every 4, as in 1,2,3,4 and I'd put the next marker on 4. I recently decided that I'd been doing it wrong all along and that it should be on 5 (and so on), not 4. Is this correct? If so, most of my songs are every 3 measures, if my math is right, so that could be why I'm suddenly seeing DD doing "weird" (aka normal but I didn't know any better before) things.

I should also point out that I name all my phrases/sections "Intro" because I'm too lazy to decide what each area of the song should be called.

ALSO........and I could be on crack, I think DD is hiding entire chords, because this song, about 3 quarters of the way through, the chords go off time with the music, which I think is because it's actually hiding the chord change and showing a repeat as if it was the initial chord in that change.........but again, I could be crazy, but I'd searched EOF and can't find any mistakes. It happens at 4:20 in the video. At the end, you can see the empty black bars w/ no orange in them.

Here's the video so you can see:

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/blurry-eyes-r2299

(it's embedded in the custom page, which is good because dailymotion's ads are really obnoxious)

I can provide the project file or the whole folder if it would help. It's a bummer that I can't to the end of the song without it freaking out. It didn't used to lower the difficulty until the next play. You'd see it after you finished the song, but it never hid notes while you were playing.

I've noticed the bar dropping down to zero on at least one other song.

Thanks!

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

Hi Billkwando,

I opened the psarc file with BPR tool, and as you can see in the following screen capture, all notes are a bit offsync :

original.png

The "% Well Synced Beats" indicator equals 0, so no note is in sync with the beatmap.

As you can see, the first note is not well centered with the measure 11, so it belongs to the previous measure.

If I use [Ctrl+A] to select all notes and use [Measure][Adjust] then [beat][Adjust], I obtain the following result :

resynced.png

All notes are now centered in the middle of their beat, and the "%Well Synced Beats" equals 100 ...

You can do the same check with EOF by using the "Highlight non grid snapped notes" then doing a "Resnap" ...

DDC and Rocksmith 2014 need to have well synced notes to provide a functionnal DD process.

I tried the result "psarc" file and DD works well.

Hope that solves your issue ...

• Like 3

Hey thanks a bunch! I'll give that a try later. I forget sometimes that back when I made that file I didn't know wtf I was doing.

a couple questions.... Were the notes still synched ok after you resnapped them and played the file? Also, which is right, marker on the 4th measure or on the 5th (and so on...)? Lastly what is that program?

Oh also, would the notes issue explain the disappearing chord at 4:20 or did I goof and just not find it yet?

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

Hey thanks a bunch! I'll give that a try later. I forget sometimes that back when I made that file I didn't know wtf I was doing.

a couple questions.... Were the notes still synched ok after you resnapped them and played the file? Also, which is right, marker on the 4th measure or on the 5th (and so on...)? Lastly what is that program?

Oh also, would the notes issue explain the disappearing chord at 4:20 or did I goof and just not find it yet?

That tool is the beats and phrases resynchronizer. I think the tool only moves where the beat anchors (and associated things like sections and phrases) are, so that they lie on notes (or the notes lie on them. But the notes don't move) when songs have been note-synced rather than beat-synced. @@Chlipouni will know better than I, though.

As for your question about how many measures to put into each phrase, most simple strong structures (meaning, most things unless you get into weird jazz, progressive music, technical death metal, and so on) will have phrases of 2, 4, 8, or 12 measures in length, with 4 being the most common (and if there is an 8 or 12 measure phrase, there's nothing wrong with breaking it up into two or three distinct pieces each time).

Practically, that means if the first note occurs on the first beat of measure 1, 4 measures later will be the first beat of measure 5, so you'll start the next phrase there. And then on 9, and so on for every measure that's of the form 1 + 4n for some positive integer n until you reach the end of the song.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@Chlipouni I've been having a problem with DDC on a particular song. The non-DD version works perfectly, while it fully crashed RS when i try to play the version with DD (used DDC v2.7)

Here are the DD and on-DD psarcs:

Non-DD: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ubhyopnao7k5mwu/AAC4aplsaspODlmrr0jCmVJZa?dl=0
With DD : https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2y9fuznmtvw3t6/Jimi-Hendrix-Experience-The_All-ALong-the-Watchtower_v1_DD_p.psarc?dl=0

Any insight that you could provide would be most helpful.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

@@Chlipouni I've been having a problem with DDC on a particular song. The non-DD version works perfectly, while it fully crashed RS when i try to play the version with DD (used DDC v2.7)

Here are the DD and on-DD psarcs:

Non-DD: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ubhyopnao7k5mwu/AAC4aplsaspODlmrr0jCmVJZa?dl=0

With DD : https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2y9fuznmtvw3t6/Jimi-Hendrix-Experience-The_All-ALong-the-Watchtower_v1_DD_p.psarc?dl=0

Any insight that you could provide would be most helpful.

Hi GetTheLedOut,

The first section "intro" starts at the time position "0". This may cause an issue for DDC and BPR tools.

Try to move this section on the second measure for bass and rhythm tracks.

Tell me if this workaround solves your issue.

Thanks

• Like 1

I was having a similar issue @GetTheLedOut, what do you have your phrase length set at? I was using 6 and encountered the same issue. I switched it to 8 and got the custom working.  :D 

I usually use the default of 4, since most musical phrases are either 4, 8, or 12 measures. That way everything gets divided up nicely most of the time.

I do think that @@Chlipouni is right. I'll try resetting the offset to 0 and adding a measure or two before the first note. But if that doesn't work, it's good to know that something as simple as that worked for you :)

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to be having a problem with DD not working in game. I can create cdlc just fine and get it in game but for some reason the game just doesn't start at lvl 1 then work its way up.

Here's the DDC log

http://pastebin.com/6E3xTtWb

.PSARC file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2A7kABrgCyedXJJUkd6NUMxS0E/view?usp=sharing

Edit

Here's a sample of NDD and DD

DD

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<song version="7">
    <!-- DDC v2.7 - 09/29/2015 - ddc_default.cfg - ddc_default.xml -->
    <!-- EOF v1.8RC10 (9-15-2015) -->
    <title>Bloodlines</title>
    <arrangement>Bass</arrangement>
    <part>1</part>
    <offset>0.000</offset>
    <centOffset>0</centOffset>
    <songLength>210.559</songLength>
    <lastConversionDateTime>9-29-15 10:54</lastConversionDateTime>
    <startBeat>0.000</startBeat>
    <averageTempo>110.081</averageTempo>
    <tuning string0="-4" string1="-4" string2="-4" string3="-4" string4="0" string5="0"/>
    <capo>0</capo>
    <artistName>Dethklok</artistName>
    <artistNameSort>Dethklok</artistNameSort>
    <albumName>Dethalbum II</albumName>
    <albumYear>2009</albumYear>
    <crowdSpeed>1</crowdSpeed>
    <arrangementProperties represent="1" bonusArr="0" standardTuning="0" nonStandardChords="0" barreChords="0" powerChords="0" dropDPower="0" openChords="0" fingerPicking="0" pickDirection="0" doubleStops="0" palmMutes="0" harmonics="0" pinchHarmonics="0" hopo="1" tremolo="0" slides="0" unpitchedSlides="0" bends="0" tapping="0" vibrato="0" fretHandMutes="0" slapPop="0" twoFingerPicking="0" fifthsAndOctaves="0" syncopation="0" bassPick="0" sustain="1" pathLead="0" pathRhythm="0" pathBass="1"/>
    <phrases count="12">
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="0" name="COUNT" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="0" name="p0" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="6" name="p1" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="6" name="p2" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="7" name="p3" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="7" name="p4" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="0" name="p5" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="7" name="p6" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="6" name="p7" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="5" name="p8" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="0" name="p9" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="0" name="END" solo="0"/>
    </phrases>
    <phraseIterations count="19">
        <phraseIteration time="0.000" phraseId="0" variation=""/>
        <phraseIteration time="9.117" phraseId="2" variation="">
            <heroLevels count="3">
                <heroLevel difficulty="2" hero="1"/>
                <heroLevel difficulty="4" hero="2"/>
                <heroLevel difficulty="6" hero="3"/>
            </heroLevels>
        </phraseIteration>
        <phraseIteration time="26.572" phraseId="3" variation="">
            <heroLevels count="3">
            </heroLevels>
        </phraseIteration>
        <phraseIteration time="35.299" phraseId="1" variation=""/>
        <phraseIteration time="39.663" phraseId="2" variation="">
            <heroLevels count="3">
            </heroLevels>
        </phraseIteration>
        <phraseIteration time="57.117" phraseId="3" variation="">
            <heroLevels count="3">
            </heroLevels>

NDD

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<song version="7">
<!-- EOF v1.8RC10 (9-15-2015) -->
  <title>Bloodlines</title>
  <arrangement>Bass</arrangement>
  <part>1</part>
  <offset>0.000</offset>
  <centOffset>0</centOffset>
  <songLength>210.559</songLength>
  <lastConversionDateTime>9-29-15 10:54</lastConversionDateTime>
  <startBeat>0.000</startBeat>
  <averageTempo>110.081</averageTempo>
  <tuning string0="-4" string1="-4" string2="-4" string3="-4" string4="0" string5="0" />
  <capo>0</capo>
  <artistName>Dethklok</artistName>
  <artistNameSort>Dethklok</artistNameSort>
  <albumName>Dethalbum II</albumName>
  <albumYear>2009</albumYear>
  <crowdSpeed>1</crowdSpeed>
  <arrangementProperties represent="1" bonusArr="0" standardTuning="0" nonStandardChords="0" barreChords="0" powerChords="0" dropDPower="0" openChords="0" fingerPicking="0" pickDirection="0" doubleStops="0" palmMutes="0" harmonics="0" pinchHarmonics="0" hopo="1" tremolo="0" slides="0" unpitchedSlides="0" bends="0" tapping="0" vibrato="0" fretHandMutes="0" slapPop="0" twoFingerPicking="0" fifthsAndOctaves="0" syncopation="0" bassPick="0" sustain="1" pathLead="0" pathRhythm="0" pathBass="1" />
  <phrases count="2">
    <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="0" name="COUNT" solo="0"/>
    <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="0" name="END" solo="0"/>
  </phrases>
  <phraseIterations count="2">
    <phraseIteration time="0.000" phraseId="0"/>
    <phraseIteration time="203.844" phraseId="1"/>
  </phraseIterations>
  <newLinkedDiffs count="0"/>
  <linkedDiffs count="0"/>
  <phraseProperties count="0"/>
  <chordTemplates count="0"/>
  <fretHandMuteTemplates count="0"/>
  <ebeats count="389">
    <ebeat time="0.000" measure="1"/>
    <ebeat time="0.570" measure="-1"/>
    <ebeat time="1.140" measure="-1"/>
    <ebeat time="1.709" measure="-1"/>
    <ebeat time="2.279" measure="2"/>
    <ebeat time="2.849" measure="-1"/>
    <ebeat time="3.419" measure="-1"/>
    <ebeat time="3.989" measure="-1"/>
    <ebeat time="4.559" measure="3"/>
    <ebeat time="5.128" measure="-1"/>
    <ebeat time="5.698" measure="-1"/>
    <ebeat time="6.268" measure="-1"/>
    <ebeat time="6.838" measure="4"/>
    <ebeat time="7.408" measure="-1"/>
    <ebeat time="7.978" measure="-1"/>
    <ebeat time="8.547" measure="-1"/>
    <ebeat time="9.117" measure="5"/>
    <ebeat time="9.663" measure="-1"/>
    <ebeat time="10.208" measure="-1"/>
    <ebeat time="10.754" measure="-1"/>
    <ebeat time="11.299" measure="6"/>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy