New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

Hi, All

There are now 31 Full Members and 101 Guests - 132 Total at The Classic Rock Coalition Social Group now. as of 2/10/2016

Latest group of New Full Members to The Classic Rock Coalition. Liquidlizard  troyza1981Tank-OR, Damage and jhespada.

Just wanted to mention the Newest group of Full Members to The Classic Rock Coalition in case I missed announcing someone.

I dropped three others back to Guest status - mneilan, oerghoirehgoirehg and u003704 - I never heard a word from them, I guess they were not interested in The CRC Social Group.

Later, avdocatwork - aka: Terry

If anyone would like to receive alerts when someone posts to the Members Forum be sure to click on Follow this topic at the top of this page in the Members Forum.

@Antithez @vigonsky2009 @JamesPrestonUK @RobotMom
@Gnobiwan @[member=troyza1981] @Liquidlizard @[member=Tank-OR@Damage @jhespada
  • Like 4

@@avdocatwork Glad to be aboard. 

For all the audiophiles: 

My most recent cdlc projects have been live songs and I have really enjoyed doing them. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the best audio possible from a concert? I ripped one mp3 from youtube and the audio was ok but im thinking I could do something better via Audacity. 

Any help would be great.

• Like 1

@@jhespada

Hi, jhespada

Had to google audiophiles  :D A person enthusiastic about high-fidelity sound ect.. Even though I am in the A/V business, but a Video electronic technician, but I do help out the audio Techs. at work and repair audio gear, electronics also. Did you use ClipGrab to get the Audio from YouTube, That's what I use. I have been using Audacity too, but haven't figured out all the features on it and really haven't figured out if it has much audio processing capability to improve audio quality. But I am sure someone else here at the CRC will be able to give you some tips on it.

Great to see you here at the Members Forum.

Later, Terry

@@jhespada

Grabbing the best quality audio from Youtube is the best you can do if you don't have the original song on disc, etc.

Audacity won't make the quality of the audio any better.  It allows you to trim the track, fade in/out, adjust overall volume, etc.  It works a lot like a word processing program: highlight, cut/paste, delete, etc.

If you're having real trouble finding a particular track, let me know and I'll see if I can find it somewhere else.

• Like 1

Who can forget the monster in the crate from Creep Show.  Scared the piss out of me when I was a kid.

https://youtu.be/twBEtPdLaJY

That monster in the crate was awesome, and the best part of Creepshow in my opinion.

@@manchot66 @

Yeah someone was nice enough to give me an audio file from an Oasis concert DVD. I believe they had a CD recorder and used the analog output from the DVD player to the CD recorder input.

They also mentioned that I could throw the DVD in my computer and use Audacity to record the audio and get higher quality that way as well.

I would like to do a few more live Oasis songs but after that I really would like to find some live Stones tabs around '72. Would love to get some of those live Mick Taylor solos into CDLCs.

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, William

Played your custom Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Jammin' Me a few times, after I removed the DD. Great Rhythm Path you got going on with it. Sounds pretty good on my RockSmith setup. Hope you have plans to chart the Lead Guitar Path also. In the songs lead Path I am sure I heard some (12 bar blues progressions)  I have been racking my brain on exactly what they call the riff but don't remember - ZZ Top does it a lot. Played the Bass Path also, but it didn't sound right to me, but I am not a proficient Bass player, so I really can't say what's wrong there with it, to me it sounds like the wrong key for sure. Defiantly need one of the Great Bass players here at the CRC to check it out and let you know if it's right or not. 

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@jhespada

Hi, jhespada

Had to Google Mick Taylor too  :D I do like the Stones, but never was a hard core fan.

Here is the great info. I found on him. Even though Mick Taylor‘s stint in the Rolling Stones lasted a mere five years, he appeared on the band’s classic string of late-’60s/early-’70s albums, including Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main St. That’s more consistent than Brian Jones‘ and Ron Wood‘s runs combined. But unlike his more celebrated predecessor and successor, Taylor never seemed to be accepted as a full-fledged Stone. He was unappreciated and an outsider, and it didn’t help that he and Keith Richards clashed in the studio from time to time. Not long after the release of the It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll album, Taylor quit the band, supposedly because he wasn’t given the credit, songwriting and otherwise, he deserved. Without his contributions, most of the tracks on our list of the Top 10 Mick Taylor Rolling Stones Songs probably wouldn’t even exist.

A real shame - Conflicts in a group - been there myself, in groups sometimes it gets though. And also have been put in the middle of a few band members, and me trying to keep the peace. Come on guys why can't we all get along!  :lol:

Later, Terry

@@jhespada

Hi, jhespada

Post a link here, of one of the audio tracks that you would like to have checked out and possibly improved in quality. I work along with a guy that was a Tech at at a recording studio in Mississippi, before Hurricane Katrina hit and he lost all his tool's. I bet he has lots of computer audio programs that can do wonders with audio files.

Later, Terry

Hey guys, Just wanted to stop in and say "HI". Advocat brought me in a few months ago but my job has taken much of my time and about the most I have done on this site has been searching the CDLC's and limited playing.

I am a bass player and follow the works of Advocat and James Preston. I do play 6 string and have several of them but not very proficient at it unless the song is based on power chords. Also, I do have some experience with repairing CDLC's but have not created any of my own.

Currently, I am having problems with the tool kit and compiling. My belief is that I have installed something wrong so I have posted a tut request on the CRC boards.

Anyways, Its a pleasure to be here and hope to be more active soon.

BTW, My steam names is in the sig. Feel free to send me a friend request.

• Like 3

@@Tank-OR

Great to hear from you Tank, There are quite a few of us here in the same spot with work cutting into our Playin' time for sure.

The new Ver. of the toolkit does away with having to process the audio through wwise separately, but you still have to have the correct ver. of wwise installed on the PC. In EOF you have to have all the errors out of the custom, like marking all the slides and bends, fret hand positions and have no conflicts in the section markings to get riff repeater working right. There are still lots of features in EOF I don't know how to use. I am still baffled with how to find and play the Bonus tracks that can be added.

I got my Jimmy Buffett / ZZ Top tickets for may 28, for there concert up in Frisco. Hope that Toyota stadium doesn't gouge me on the beer prices.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@avdocatwork 

Google is a beautiful thing lol.  Many people (myself included) felt that the best Stones lineup was the one with Mick Taylor in it. If I can find a good tab for the live '72 version of Gimme Shelter, I would love to create that cdlc. Taylor's solo is blistering!! 

I will add a youtube link shortly but no need to bother your friend yet becasue the chances of finding a good tab for this version are slim. Strictly adding the link to help spread the joy of hearing this wonderful version...

• Like 1

@@Tank-OR

The new Ver. of the toolkit does away with having to process the audio through wwise separately, but you still have to have the correct ver. of wwise installed on the PC.

I have this setup and it is really efficient to not have to go through WWise. Highly recommend people to update to the latest versions of toolkit and correct wwise version.

Hey Guys!

All new Member  welcome here!

I have long time worked on a mandolin chart for Guitar.  know, it's hard to  impossible.

2 Problems: a mandolin has standard tuning  GDAE and the tone is one octave higher.

The original mandolin tab is re-arranged for Guitar now and the custom tone has a octave up! effect. A capo on the 12th fret are stupid, i think.

The Guitar tuning is Standard.

My question: Who dares to test the Guitar (mandolin)  Part :huh:

Here the Song:

Rory Gallagher - Going To My Home Town (live in Europe 1972) remastered 2011 R B V

I look forward to your response! :D

• Like 3

I got my Jimmy Buffett / ZZ Top tickets for may 28, for there concert up in Frisco. Hope that Toyota stadium doesn't gouge me on the beer prices.

Nice. The beer probably wont gouge you as much as the parking will. Last time I went to Allen, it cost me $12 to drive 121.

I have this setup and it is really efficient to not have to go through WWise. Highly recommend people to update to the latest versions of toolkit and correct wwise version.

Thanks, I was using v.2.6.0.1 which I think is a beta. Got 2.6.0.0 but didnt convert the guitar.ogg to .wen. My stupidity, I probably should have tried to look in the eof setting first. Will try later.  Thanks Jhespada.

Just as confirmation and I think I have the right version, wwise 2013.2.7 standalone?

@@Tank-OR

Hi, Tank

I have had the new toolkit hang on me a few times on the first try to pack a custom. And got the Wwise error. I think what I did was create a new folder and just with EOF added the audio MP3 and, the leading Silence and made the preview audio track then used the Toolkit again and just put the name of the custom and the toolkit processed the audio through Wwise, and then transferred everything from the original folder over to the new one, except the audio parts.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@Tank-OR - I believe the newer updates of the toolkit (within the past month or so) support pretty much all of the Wwise versions, so the 2014 and 2015 ones should now be safe. I know I've been using a 2014 version for a while (several months at least) without problems, but haven't tried updating to 2015 yet.

And yeah, the beta thing is kind of weird. I think they just haven't settled anywhere for long enough that they haven't felt comfortable that it has no bugs to make any one version the stable version again. I think I saw the devs mention that they are going to try to do another stable one soon, but who knows if that will actually happen.

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Thanks, I was using v.2.6.0.1 which I think is a beta. Got 2.6.0.0 but didnt convert the guitar.ogg to .wen. My stupidity, I probably should have tried to look in the eof setting first. Will try later.  Thanks Jhespada.

Just as confirmation and I think I have the right version, wwise 2013.2.7 standalone?

Your version of wwise may be too old but you can try and generating the file straight from toolkit and seeing if it works. 

If it doesnt, you can dl the versions I have:

toolkit - v2.6.1.0-a00900c3

wwise - 2014.1.1 32bit (make sure to get 32 bit as people have had issues w/ 64bit)

• Like 1

@@RSBass

Hi, RSBass

I am going to give that Rory Gallagher - mandolin arranged for Guitar Custom a few run-throughs this evening, and get back to you. Hopefully I'll have one of my new CCR tunes ready for it's first test run also.

Later, Terry

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/Ripcord32/royo%20gallager%20test.jpgWow, It is insane

It is definitely in sync, those Vocals must have been painful to chart. I couldn't understand a word he was saying. :D Only thing I noticed is In My Setup the tone volume is ear blistering high. Great work charting this. 

• Like 1