New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

Hi, Guys

​ Still working on some New ZZ Top Tunes, updated Stages and also got the first version of Tube Snake Boogie. All you Bass players will have a challenge on the Bass Path of Tube Snake Boogie. I played it a few times to check it out, couldn't even keep up with me pickin' it, haven't got the hang of finger plucking a Bass yet. Let me know what you think about the tunes if you get a chance to test them out.

ZZ Top - Stages - 1986 - L, R, B & V Fixed up the volume level on the Lead Path still need to fix up the wrong notes in the Bass Path.

ZZ Top - Tube Snake Boogie - L, R, B & V NEW* - Wow ! This is a tough one to play. I have only played through it a couple times and did not get the hang of this tune yet. I figure I will need to get into Riff-Repeater on this one to figure out the progression for sure.

The next tune I am working on is ZZ Top's Thunderbird and I sure hope it is easier to play than Tube Snake Boogie! I am thinking this three pack of ZZ Top tunes with Multi-tracks will get some interest from the people on CustomsForge - hopefully.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Hi, Guys

​ Still working on some New ZZ Top Tunes, updated Stages and also got the first version of Tube Snake Boogie. All you Bass players will have a challenge on the Bass Path of Tube Snake Boogie. I played it a few times to check it out, couldn't even keep up with me pickin' it, haven't got the hang of finger plucking a Bass yet. Let me know what you think about the tunes if you get a chance to test them out.

ZZ Top - Stages - 1986 - L, R, B & V Fixed up the volume level on the Lead Path still need to fix up the wrong notes in the Bass Path.

ZZ Top - Tube Snake Boogie - L, R, B & V NEW* - Wow ! This is a tough one to play. I have only played through it a couple times and did not get the hang of this tune yet. I figure I will need to get into Riff-Repeater on this one to figure out the progression for sure.

The next tune I am working on is ZZ Top's Thunderbird and I sure hope it is easier to play than Tube Snake Boogie! I am thinking this three pack of ZZ Top tunes with Multi-tracks will get some interest from the people on CustomsForge - hopefully.

Later, Terry

* Stages = Sounds good, plays well Lead: 69% Rhythm: 94% I just played your last revision of this song a couple days ago, sounds better on Lead.

* Tube Snake boogie = Lead tone volume is higher than rhythm but sounds good, hand cramps after that one, Lead: 54% Rhythm: 83%  good work!

ZZ Top coming to my town May 3rd, damn tickets are over a $100 a piece, of course we are going though  :D

• Like 1

Ill play these in the morning for you Terry. To drunk to try now. My dart team that won our Division just got knocked out of the super bowl kinda pissed lol..

Happy New Year CRC !!! 

ps started farting around with EOF today ;) 

• Like 1

Tom Petty - You Don't Know How it Feels w/ no DD, I am unable to create DD because it crashes when you bring up RR and slide the difficulty bar up to 100 and resume game. How do you delete all the sections (phrases) that you make in EOF? maybe the issue, dunno but here are my EOF files Tom Petty-Dont Know How it Feels.rar if someone will help me figure it out, I'm not gonna release it the way it is, But everyone here can play it and Give me some feedback, spent too many hours on this.

• Like 1

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, William will take a look at it shortly. I have some resources for that tune that can help you out, from one of my Guitar Signature Book and CD set. Here is a link to the PDF and audio files at my skydrive. Tom Petty - You Don't Know How It Feels

Later, Terry

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, William

The way I section a custom in EOF is Beat > Rocksmith > Place RS Section > Check the box also add as RS Phrase then I play the Lead Guitar path and mark the Intro, Verse and chorus, solo, interlude ect. at there spots in the Custom. So riff repeater will work correctly. To see or erase all events you can go to Beat > All Events or Events or Clear all events at the bottom of the window.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@A51Ripcord

OK, William

I found some note Bends not marked on the bend strength in your files also I reset fret hand positions and cleared all events. Remarked events, such as Intro, verse ect. but they are not compleatly right, you can go through it again and change it to your difference.  I also changed BPM to 120 added DDC and made and saved files -  Tom-Petty_You-Dont-Know-How-It-Feels_RS2014.dlc with the toolkit. So all you have to do is open the RS Toolkit go to load and navigate to the file Tom-Petty_You-Dont-Know-How-It-Feels_RS2014.dlc or Tom-Petty_You-Dont-Know-How-It-Feels-DD_RS2014.dlc (The DD Version) and generate the custom. I haven't tried to play it yet to see if it's OK, but it looks like a great song to play. All the stuff I did to your custom you can change to your preference of course.

​  Having trouble uploading all the files to my skydrive - It may take a while. Will keep trying to get them to you.

OK I think it's there on the skydrive finally - Your Tom Petty Files with changes

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@A51Ripcord

OK I think it's there on the skydrive finally - Your Tom Petty Files with changes

Later, Terry

Ok, so there was my first problem, I put the INTRO Phrase on the wrong spot. I put it on the first Note(beat marker) that caused DD creator to go Nuts! Thank you for spending your time going over this. I am gonna go over everything else you sent in the files and see other changes made, Hopefully I will learn something else in the process. I want to upload it as Classic Rock Coalition Calibration hopefully this evening.

• Like 1

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, William

I enjoyed going through that great Tom Petty tune. And I was surprised no one had charted it yet. 

Just remember when you are saving your customs in EOF when error box's show up during the save you should put in Bend strength Shift + B then enter the amount in 1/2 or 1/4 steps and for slide error (Ending fret) control/Shift/L and enter the slides ending fret. And if there is a fret Han position error box that shows up during the save, I usually go to Track > Rocksmith > Fret Hand Positions > List  Then I delete all and let EOF assign them automatically later in the save.

Later, Terry

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, William

I enjoyed going through that great Tom Petty tune. And I was surprised no one had charted it yet. 

Just remember when you are saving your customs in EOF when error box's show up during the save you should put in Bend strength Shift + B then enter the amount in 1/2 or 1/4 steps and for slide error (Ending fret) control/Shift/L and enter the slides ending fret. And if there is a fret Han position error box that shows up during the save, I usually go to Track > Rocksmith > Fret Hand Positions > List  Then I delete all and let EOF assign them automatically later in the save.

Later, Terry

Well, I would say lack of good tab. The TAB looks good until you put it in EOF, I removed notes to make it simple and less cluttered, added those bends and couldn't get the error fixed, OK...So, (Ending fret) control/Shift/L is what I didn't do. I was surprised as well and was excited to chart it until the hours started to add up and I started Cussing it instead..

Regenerated the .psarc and testing all 3 arrangements now, Will re upload here for testing on version 2 in 30 minutes.. 
  • Like 1

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, William

Later, Terry

Well, I would say lack of good tab. The TAB looks good until you put it in EOF, I removed notes to make it simple and less cluttered, added those bends and couldn't get the error fixed, OK...So, (Ending fret) control/Shift/L is what I didn't do. I was surprised as well and was excited to chart it until the hours started to add up and I started Cussing it instead..

Regenerated the .psarc and testing all 3 arrangements now, Will re upload here for testing on version 2 in 30 minutes.. 

Tom Petty - You Don't Know How it Feels Version 2

Tones are REM_Religion (Rhythm -33) MaryJanes_Dist.tone (Lead -18.7) Mathbox20_3am (Bass -20.8)

Song Volume and Preview: -2.0

Tuning: E Standard

Version 2 Files 

Find any Problems with the Custom? Here are the files if you want to take a look, maybe fix the lead, bass, rhythm and send it to me I will regenerate the .psarc, take out current arrangement and put in yours. If you have better tones or know of one let me know i will put it in and we can test it out.

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, William

Later, Terry

Tom Petty - You Don't Know How it Feels Version 2

Tones are REM_Religion (Rhythm -33) MaryJanes_Dist.tone (Lead -18.7) Mathbox20_3am (Bass -20.8)

Song Volume and Preview: -2.0

Tuning: E Standard

Version 2 Files 

Find any Problems with the Custom? Here are the files if you want to take a look, maybe fix the lead, bass, rhythm and send it to me I will regenerate the .psarc, take out current arrangement and put in yours. If you have better tones or know of one let me know i will put it in and we can test it out.

Tom Petty - You Don't Know How it Feels Version 3

Changed Rhythm Tone to (M20Push_Clean), Raised Lead, Rhythm and Bass Tones 10%, Lowered Song Volume to -3.0

• Like 1

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, Ripcord

I have Been fighting with the Bass line of Thunderbird, Wow one real challenge for sure, about half way through it now, last track to complete and I'm done with the three pack of tunes. Going to put the charting to bed and get to some fun playin' some Guitar. Can't wait to give the Tom Petty tune a few run-troughs will be getting to it in a few.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@A51Ripcord

William, your Tom Petty tune is Rockin' and I am Lovin' it for sure. Had to run through it a few times to build up the DD. No disrespect but I would rather have non DD versions posted here at the CRC forum. I like to see the whole tune and not have to build up to it, if you know what I mean. The Guitar tones and volume levels are great on my RockSmith set up. You have a fine tune Charted there as far as I can tell so far. I guess I am just lazy not going through the process of removing the DD with the toolkit.

And again no disrespect but your Quoting my posts, on your replies, are pretty much unnecessary. I am really bad at communicating online and don't mean to sound negative in any way Dude, if you know what I mean, I have had quite a few Brewskies tonight, but had a blast playin' your great Custom. All the subscribers on CustomForge are going to dig the tune for sure. But if you get some bad feedback from somebody that says a few notes or chords are wrong pay them no mind like I and many other Charters do, because we all update the customs eventually, lots of mine haven't been completely corrected in years, I'm Bad but would rather move on to new tunes.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, William

Just got a new Tom Petty eBook, The good Play A-Long series one, with your Custom's song in it Tom Petty - You Don't Know How It Feels It has the great play a-long and backing tracks with it.

If anyone else wants to know what the Resources for a tune will look like that I will send to anyone that wants them, take a look at the Tom Petty file above. To get the files you desire just pick a song at the Full Members Resources page and let me know and I will get them to you.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

I should have been working on my final Custom of the ZZ Top 3-pack I am putting together - Thunderbird by ZZ Top. But I couldn't resist playing around and making a new signature Banner with more Guitarists in it. My original Banner was created by Steve - @@manchot66 Thanks, Buddy, and I have been improving it over the years ever since. Any Guitarist from Texas will know who they all are.

And if anyone wants to get more involved with The Classic Rock Coalition, I would appreciate it if you would click on the Follow this topic box at the top of this page. 13 is a unlucky number in my book for sure as it is now. And if you do follow this topic you will receive alerts when somebody posts to the Classic Rock Coalition Full Members Forum.

We now have 33 Full Members and  90 Guests - 123 Total at the CRC - Classic Rock Coalition Members PageSoon to be updated.

And I  wanted to say I'm not connected with CustomsForge's Moderators and Staff, I am just a Guitar player that likes to chart tunes I have always wanted to know how to play and I happen to be nice enough to share my Customs on CustomsForgeso so others can play them too.

Later, avdocatwork - aka: Terry

Hi, Guys

Well I have the first Elvis tune charted of the 3-Pack I have planed. And surprisingly it sounds pretty good to me. If anyone wants to give it a try here it is.

Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel - 1956 L, R, B & V

Guitar tones for the tune are:

Scotty-Moore_Lead-Clean set at -32

Scotty-Moore_Rhythm-Clean set at -30

Scotty-Moore_Lead-Distorted set at -30

Bill-Black_Upright-Double-Bass set at -21.5

I found a Upright Double Bass Tone and converted and tweaked it for my Elvis tunes - Let me know what you think about it, All you great Bass Players out there.

The other two Elvis tunes I am working on are

Elvis Presley - All Shook Up - 1957

Elvis Presley - My Baby Left Me - 1956

Later, Terry

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Terry, I didn't knew that you were looking for a double bass tone.

But now you've found one, and hopefully it's good enough. If not you can also try this one in Zebra I created long ago and I'm very pleased with.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@

Hi, Frippchen

I checked out your Double Bass tone in Zebra, and really like the way it sounds. I will try it out in the Elvis 3-Pack, I'm making, Bill Black's playin' deserves the Best. I think Scotty Moore's Guitar Tone sounds pretty good. Now all I have to come up with is an Acoustic Guitar Tone worthy of the King.  ;) 

Later, Terry

Hi, Guys

Well I have the first Elvis tune charted of the 3-Pack I have planed. And surprisingly it sounds pretty good to me. If anyone wants to give it a try here it is.

Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel - 1956 L, R, B & V

Guitar tones for the tune are:

Scotty-Moore_Lead-Clean set at -32

Scotty-Moore_Rhythm-Clean set at -30

Scotty-Moore_Lead-Distorted set at -30

Bill-Black_Upright-Double-Bass set at -21.5

I found a Upright Double Bass Tone and converted and tweaked it for my Elvis tunes - Let me know what you think about it, All you great Bass Players out there.

The other two Elvis tunes I am working on are

Elvis Presley - All Shook Up - 1957

Elvis Presley - My Baby Left Me - 1956

Later, Terry

Just Played It, You did a great job on this one, didn't think I would ever play Elvis and enjoy it. Tones and Volumes are spot on. Notes were in sync and I see no problems.

My Future Mother-in-Law Is a huge Elvis fan, If I learn this and play for her one day when she she is over here, Maybe I won't have an Evil Mother-in-Law. :D  

• Like 1

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, Ripcord

Got to get on her good side for sure. Glad to hear your opinion on the Elvis tune. I was kind of apprehensive about charting an Elvis tune but after listening to some of his tunes closely they are really cool. I have always liked the Elvis Movies but when he started up singing and playin' I would change the channel and go back to the movie after it was over, well I just may start sticking it out and watch what the musicians are doing now. ;) 

Great News Here In Dallas, Texas - I just got tickets to the Jimmy Buffett/ZZ Top Concert, around here, scheduled for May 28, Memorial weekend in Frisco, TX a little north of Dallas, TX. Two of my favorite groups for sure. Front row of the cheap seat's, but the stadium is not really that big compared to most other stadiums. Party Time Again, hope the Beer's are cheaper than the last concert I went to.

Later, Terry