Intermediate: N/A
Advanced: @@Blazikiller
Masterclass: @@Latsch

Bass
Beginner: @@2groggy
Intermediate: @@punchyrumble
Advanced: @@NoonyDeloony
Masterclass: @@Blazikiller

Congrats to all the winners. And here goes the Weekly Honorably Mentioned overview with 100% scores:

- on Bass Beginner - @@tupoloflyer

- on Bass Advanced - @@2groggy, @@genobadass, @@Kaijin, @@MilkmanDan and @@NoonyDeloony

- on Bass MasterClass - @@Blazikiller and @@then3verend

Crazy 100%s in Master Mode:

- on Bass Beginner - @@2groggy

- on Bass Advanced - @@genobadass and @@NoonyDeloony

Honorably Mentioned Master Mode winners* are @@2groggy and @@NoonyDeloony. Great!

*Will be honoring players who won their class with MM score and who scored 100% in MM in their class.

@@Kaijin made

! And surprise, surprise, @@NoonyDeloony as
. And then yet
. Thanks!

The songs for this week are:

Beginner:   Echo & the Bynnymen - The Killing Moon (Chosen by @@punchyrumble )

Intermediate: Alt-J - Left Hand Free (Chosen by @@MonstaS4 )

Advanced: Devin Townsend - Life (Chosen by @@Azrael )

Masterclass:  Tool - 10 000 Days (Wings of Marie Pt.2) (Chosen by @@then3verend )

Rhythm Path:

Beginner:   N/A
Intermediate: Alt-J - Left Hand Free
Advanced:  Devin Townsend - Life
Masterclass: N/A

Bass Path:

Beginner:  Echo & the Bynnymen - The Killing Moon
Intermediate: Devin Townsend - Life

Advanced: Alt-J - Left Hand Free

Masterclass: Tool - 10 000 Days (Wings of Marie Pt.2)

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Honorable list Diehard men, playing in their class 5 weeks in row without pass (they have little more preference when choosing a song from song selection list for next week):

P.s. Please, see changes in Championship Class Lists!

Have fun!

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

An argument can be made for this song in advanced and MC Lead, but this is easily the hardest Bass has seen in a long time, its difficult, and endurance will be a factor. I learned this song after the first true death i had in the family, and I replay it every time I have a loss that close. This song has so much sentiment, that I am willing to spend the 11:00 minutes to perfect these scores.http://s30.postimg.org/j4mbuo3mp/2015_02_07_00004.jpg

• Like 10

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Echo & the Bunnymen - fun song, 2 open chords and then single note frenzy. Really nice.

Intermediate Lead - 95%, 86 streak

It's not that hard :)

Intermediate Rhythm - 76%, 29 streak

This wicked chords...

Advanced song... I really did not wanted another down tuned song for you in Advanced. I was close to go with my selection of Iron Maiden, but then I played bass... Damn you Harris! Why you had to make such a tough bass line this time :angry: (At that point I already had Alt-J and Tool, Harris made 9, and I did not wanted to give MC bass to Advanced).

MasterClass - 93%, 160 streak

That was tough, and long. Using pick, and sweep picking was nice, but later I felt that finger style would be better.

Advanced bass participants - Alt-J is rated 7 for now. It has one section that repeats, it's tough, thus it's 7 for now. Still I want you to give all you've got. I don't want to see anyone holding back because of some "I don't want to level up stuff". We need to see how you can fare against legit 7.

• Like 7

Advanced bass participants - Alt-J is rated 7 for now. It has one section that repeats, it's tough, thus it's 7 for now. Still I want you to give all you've got. I don't want to see anyone holding back because of some "I don't want to level up stuff". We need to see how you can fare against legit 7.

I don't think I'll have any problems - not levelling up I mean! :D

• Like 1

Devin Townsend's Life, hooray!

The song is, in most parts, quite easy for an "Advanced" song, but the difficulty is dominated by the fast picking parts in every pre-chorus.

It was way too tough for me for a long time, only now that I have moved to Advanced I feel like I start to get it right. - I hope you agree with my choice :-)

This was my very first custom, it has seen a lot of revisions and I am quite proud of it. There is only one thing in the bridge that isn't quite perfect:

I think there should be some pinch harmonics played there, but I cannot identify them.

Right now I put regular harmonics in the brigde that I think sound best. They have the attribute to be "ignored" though, this means it won't count if you miss them! Therefore you can play anything else instead and maybe someone will find the perfect pinch harmonics someday :-)

If there is anything that could be improved just let me know!

Have a nice week!

• Like 2

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Damn this will start my diehard status in Rhythm, but the tuning!! I appreciate your DLCs Azrael for all the work you put in them, but I'll probably need to scrounge up some money to change strings because I feel I'm going to snap my highest three tuning them up from D Standard for Open C. They're old anyways, but I'm awful and lazy when it comes to changing strings.

• Like 1

quick first runs

The Killing Moon

cool song, will be a good challenge for beginners.

Left Hand Free

this one is awesome. really digg it.

10.000 Days

While Tool is a really great band, the guitar here is a snore-fest- this is no Masterclass level, only hard part is

sustaining that arpeggio because your hand/brain coordination (at least mine) feels weird after doing the same thing for 3 minutes or so and your getting brain-farts every now and then

But cool song to listen to! And the MC Bass guys will have some fun with this song for sure

cheers

• Like 5

I personally like Open C tuning, as it does not downtune high strings. Like Nacholede, I'm using hybrid ones (.09, .11, .16 - 10, .26, .36, .46 - 11) and they work nice there.

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Lol

Finally - advanced bass in the meaning o the term - great!!!!

not posting my initial score ;)

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

very easy one, my dif rating is 6, or 5

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150221/y8cu77c8.jpg

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Loooooooool

I have Alt-J in all 3 paths, and its CTRL-ALT-DEL all over :) :) :)

maybe i dare to post my 3 initial scores at the end of the week....

speaking about just playing within the comfort zone....

song sounds gr8 (when i dont play along) .. lets mf go

:)

• Like 2

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

At least goin to sleep with a 80 and a 70.....

http://i61.tinypic.com/2j5e939.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/24mrsrt.jpg

• Like 5

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/526130521512315354/AE8044D560DB484995DE55E90BE979551C4B0FFC/

Repetative. Great song and fun to play but a 6 - 6.5 imo, if you're a high intermediate player with good dexterity I think this is a pretty nice choice. Once that riff's nailed it's just a matter of cranking up the speed and rubbing a little Ibuleve gel on your joints if you're creaky like me... my fretty index finger hurts :(

• Like 7

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

First try today after a runthrough in RR @ 80% speed. Need to work on my chord change speed though......by the time i've got fingers in the right places, there's only a couple of strums left.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/f5b9e1e0ohbt1q4/221680_2015-02-22_00001.png?dl=0

• Like 3

I know only 1 of these songs beforehand, 10,000 Days by Tool.  Totally pumped to play it (I think I saw the first version released before it had bass added, so I didn't download it then, and didn't notice the update) -- great choice @@then3verend!

And should be fun to check out 3 entirely new-to-me songs also.  Especially if I can easily convert Open C into BEAD to play on my 5, which looks likely from the 1 screenshot I saw in the thread for that song...  If that works out I'll post a link again (although I may be the only regular here with a 5?).

Let the fretstivities commence!

• Like 3

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

First tries on all (but Townshend, I'm done converting it to BEAD but got a tutoring class in 20 minutes so I will save trying it for later):  --EDIT-- to include all songs

Beg:

2015-02-22_091450.jpg

More shifting and playing on multiple strings than your average beginner song.  Still fits, but on the high end.

My Difficulty Rating: 3

Int:
2015-02-22_123151.jpg

Just like last time I converted a funky-tuned song to B Standard, this worked great.  Frethand positioning works out great on my 5 in BEADG; doesn't introduce any weirdness at all.  Easy and fun to play.

But if I tried to play it on my 4 string actually in Open C, it would suck my will to live, attempting to deal with spaghetti string low C...

I'll probably record a playthrough video on a 5 in BEAD just to show how well it works with that adjustment.

My Difficulty Rating: 3-4 (for my transcription in B Standard, but I think the original would be the same on a bass that can handle the tuning)

Just a bit harder than the Beginner song due to a little bit more and shifting, with bigger range.  On the other hand, this is all on 2 strings where that is on 3.  I think this one fits in either tough Beginner OR Easy Intermediate.

Adv:

2015-02-22_091908.jpg

Here's my legit 1st try screenshot.  No shame in having a rough first try!  By the end of the song, I could tell that I had a better grasp of the riff, so I played it a 2nd time and got in 93% range.  I think that with practice, this won't be TOO tough -- learning curve reminds me of More Than A Feeling by Boston, where I got my ass kicked the first time I tried it, but with some RR and practice it got MUCH easier.  Good choice for legit Advanced in my opinion.

My Difficulty Rating:  8 -- toughest Advanced song in a while!

MC:

2015-02-22_093548.jpg

Trust me when I say that was a rough sounding 95%...

A lot of the song isn't spectacularly hard in the same way that other songs we've played are hard.  It just requires you to be a human metronome, and play quickly in sync with the song -- which I suppose is a really good thing for bass players to practice.  The speed is fairly fast but not insane throughout, and the length of it challenges endurance -- particularly the effects of fatigue on precision.

Good choice for MC.  Even though I got a higher first-try accuracy on this than the Advanced song, I think that this one would remain challenging even after many plays, whereas the Advanced song I see getting a lot easier once you get the main riff down and into muscle memory.  That's just a gut-level prediction though, because I'm not there on either song yet.

My Difficulty Rating:  8-9

8 because it isn't as hard in conventional ways (it isn't too hard to have your frethand in the right position, fret the right notes, get on the correct string, etc.) as some songs we've done before.  9 because it makes up for that in other kinds of difficulty.  Legit MC song in my opinion -- I think first place will be a challenge for >99.5%, NOT a "who can get the highest SA score at 100%" week.  :)   I could be proven wrong though.

• Like 5

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)