Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 66

Mortalo

Advanced

Rhythm: 96.22 %

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=383372245

Surprisingly high score, but I bet it sounded shit! Also the nonexistant tremolos help with high scores, and the very forgiving note regognition in the intro parts.

Lead: 94.68 %

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=383373557

Also nice score, all things considered.

But I don't think I would rate this song 8 (7 instead). The overall tempo is quite high, but there are no super difficult parts, no solo.

When there are solos that I am simply not fast enough for, I consider it a high difficulty. But in this case the problem is (only) to keep up the tempo for such a long time.

By the way, do you agree with the sync problems I posted on the song page?

Yeah, there is definitely a sync problem in the chorus, i think, where you have to play just before the lead guitar should be.

Was a real pain to get that right (wrong) in MasterMode.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

not enufff, fxxx

http://i62.tinypic.com/15qojdy.jpg

@@missis sumner - congrats for takin over the lead in adv, but watch ya back you aint holding that without a fight ova the next weeks i swear!!!!

i fear no more time this week.... such a pitty :o

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

• Like 5

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

New day and new approach. A little bit of RR and some finger training and i got this.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Suckmykiss922_zpscf9a3ca9.jpg

Almost 7% increase in less time than yesterdays 1%. Practice smart, not hard.

Nice one! I'm struggling to push through the 90% barrier so i took a similar approach.

I recorded a playthrough in RR at full speed so i could determine where all my misses are occurring.

That quick hammer on and pull off on the A string usually gets me, along with the chord switch in the chorus.

So I've put a bit more RR into these sections.....as yet it hasn't paid off...grrr.

• Like 2

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Hey there, I read the link to the how and why and the rules, but still have a question: can I get in on this or am I (way) too late? Just got RS!

Just start playing! :D

@@missis sumner - congrats for takin over the lead in adv, but watch ya back you aint holding that without a fight ova the next weeks i swear!!!!

I saw that, but somehow doubt I'm going to stay there for very long.

And that's not because I'm off to MC! :D

• Like 1

Hey there, I read the link to the how and why and the rules, but still have a question: can I get in on this or am I (way) too late? Just got RS!

Never too late -- jump in and try out the songs!  You can decide which path(s) and levels you want to do, but basically just give things a shot.

Welcome aboard!

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

Welcome. I just started about two months ago. It has really improved my playing. The competition has forced me to focus on a song instead of the random song switching i normally did.

• Like 1

Choose your weapon, choose your class(es) and lets mf go!

Welcome, nice you are here!

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

Damn great score at ADV, too m8!!!

Hats off!

• Like 1

Much better!!

I've played the f*&k out of this song but still love it!

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/d6lwglgyu6xzuyi/2015-01-30_00001.jpg?dl=0

and @@MaZtoR ......

Guys, guys, guys, guys.... great competition but damn bad timing for me ..... grrrrrrr - my schedule is stuffed till sat night...

At the beginning of the week i hated the song and was considering skipping the class this week... Fact is playing it is damn groovy and for some reason it has become great to listen to too ;)

Ending up in 3rd is a pain .... maybe i can disappoint someone from schedule to get another hour or two.. though i doubt it...

Great playin - keep that up....

• Like 2

Updated/revised difficulty ratings for bass, taking near final scores into account:

(these are not official in any way, just me trying to help contribute to difficulty ratings consistency)

Beginner Bass:

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

No actual counted entries IN this rank -- just plays by participants in higher levels.  So, not really much evidence to suggest that my preliminary rating needs to be changed...  And it won't really effect anything anyway since there aren't any entries by actual Beginner players.

My preliminary difficulty rating:  4 (equivalent to easy Intermediate level)

Final difficulty rating:  4 (enough 100%s to prove it isn't HARD, but I still think it is actually pretty tough for a true beginner)

Intermediate Bass:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Suck My Kiss

Again, only 1 participant/entry actually in this class.  Two 100% runs by high-tier folks, and then several in the low to mid 90's.  That might make my preliminary rating of 5 seem a bit low, but since there aren't any entries done by people really working hard at the song with 10+ tries or anything, I'll probably keep it there.

My preliminary difficulty rating:  5 (average Intermediate level)

Final difficulty rating:  5 (good enough)

Advanced Bass:

Coheed and Cambria - Mother May I

This is the class that requires very careful evaluation.  But, we've got a lot of interesting results that help with that!  As I'm writing, there are 4 valid-class entries here, with accuracies ranging from around 95% up to an even 99%.  So far, nobody over the 99.5% promotion threshold.  And that includes the scores of MC-level players that tried the song also -- none higher than 99.25%, although nobody with a whole load of attempts.  Still, the lack of extremely high accuracy entries tends to suggest that the song is legitimately reasonably tough.

My preliminary difficulty rating:  7 (legit Advanced, but closer to Int than MC)

Final difficulty rating:  7  (I think it is indeed a legit Advanced song.  Rating it as easier to prevent anyone that happens to get a 99.5% from leveling up would feel like a bit of an artificial stretch -- particularly compared to past songs that people have leveled up to MC on)

MC Bass:

Dance Gavin Dance - Carl Barker

Seven entries here, with one 100%.  Still, all are over 98%, so it isn't a painfully HARD MC song.  Actually, accuracy scores are higher here than in the Advanced song, but I think that probably comes from competition and motivation of more participants in the class and more tries pushing for higher scores.  I still think it is just a bit harder than the Advanced song, but pretty close really.

My preliminary difficulty rating:  7.5 (just harder than above, enough to make it closer to MC than Int)

Final difficulty rating:  7.5 (scores justify my initial evaluation, I think)

...So, as it turned out I think I'm happy with all of my preliminary difficulty ratings, but I expect it will be worth doing this 2-round evaluation system in the future.  You may now return to your regularly scheduled Championship!

• Like 5

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)