Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

I do it like this for an overlapping first note in an arpeggio :

http://imgur.com/pqsxET3

Yeah, when I look at it that does seem like it would work just fine. It's generally just the first note in the arpeggio that is so limited because it's turned into a chord that uses all the arpeggio's strings and thus cannot overlap any of the other notes in the phrase. This is probably the easiest workaround possible.

1. I tracked the saving problem down to Dropbox: As soon as I move the folder into my Dropbox, EOF wants to recreate the working folder.

If you check the properties of the folder, did any of the attributes (read only, hidden, archive, etc.) change only after it's added to Dropbox?

1. I tracked the saving problem down to Dropbox: As soon as I move the folder into my Dropbox, EOF wants to recreate the working folder.

If you check the properties of the folder, did any of the attributes (read only, hidden, archive, etc.) change only after it's added to Dropbox?

As far as I can tell, there are no differences in those attributes... but windows is strange in this regard anyway (folders always have the "dot" in the "read-only-attribute-box", regardless of whether you removed it before).

I didn't have this problem back in May (last time I was actively charting).

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

I think I've heard it said in this thread that we can get the following effect:

(3m8s if it does not skip to that)

by extending the chord's duration manually in the xml file. If this is true, I would like to suggest that we be able to do this in EoF. Make us able to extend a chord's duration right up to the next chord, even if there's a single note or two "in the way". I realize that automatic handshapes might be problematic to program for these chords, so if that's not possible, just let us do that manually.

What do you guys think?

Manual handshapes have been requested every once in a while, but it could be kind of weird to implement. I was thinking of starting somewhere like making an attribute you can apply to an arpeggio phrase to prevent it from exporting with "-arp" in the chord's display name, and see what people think need to be changed from there.

Hi, folks. The latest revision (r1347) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:

*Improved GP import so that if a tie note has different techniques than the note it's attached to, such as with delayed slides, it will import as a separate note (so that the note and its tie note each retain their techniques) that is linked to the previous note.

*Fixed a bug where changing from one drum track to the other while the tracks' phrasing was shared could remove the phrasing from the former track.

*Fixed a bug where the wrong tuning would be imported for a GP file using 7 strings and the thinnest string is dropped from the import.

*Added logic to GP import to correct note duration errors, as Guitar Pro can incorrectly write empty measures as an empty whole rest, even when the time signature isn't 4/4.

*Fixed a bug where the "GP import nat. harmonics only" preference did not work correctly.

*Updated GP import so that artificial and tapped harmonic notes import as pinch harmonic notes, which is more accurate than having them import as natural harmonic notes.

*Increased the fret limit on fret hand positions. If Rocksmith 2 export is enabled, and neither Rock Band or Rocksmith 1 export are, EOF will allow a fret hand position of 21, which is the highest position supported in Rocksmith 2.

*Added handling to GPA import so that sync points that are out of chronological are ignored and the import is allowed to continue.

*Fixed a bug with RS2 export where high density (repeat line) chords could incorrectly be written as low density (chord boxes).

• Like 4

Hello @@raynebc, I've catched a bug with RS2014 export( I mean Save separate Rocksmith 2 files" function)

It close chord tag (for high destiny chords) before all chordnotes included, well you'd better look at this example:

<chord time="15.481" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="14" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="15.481" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="15.481" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="15.813" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="14" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="1" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down"/>
          <chordNote time="15.813" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="0" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="15.813" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>

Its easy to fix I suppose, thank you for your time :)

There also seems to be a bug where sometimes when you press shift, it seems to "stick", and sometimes not work at all. I've tried it with both my shift keys, so it's not the physical key that gets stuck.

Edit: seems to be related to the bug in my previous post. In the info screen, there's indeed sometimes a delay when i press shift, alt or ctrl, and often enough they stick.

sometimes when you press shift, it seems to "stick", and sometimes not work at all

Thanks for confirming what I mentioned in this thread

Same goes for the ctrl. This is very annoying, because you can select a whole range of notes not in view and change their position or status without realizing. To free the sticked key, I click on Cap.lock, which is neutral.

I thought it may have to do with an update of Win8.1, since it started then, or compatibility settings, like administrator, but I was wrong,

It starts and stops randomly 

sometimes when you press shift, it seems to "stick", and sometimes not work at all

Thanks for confirming what I mentioned in this thread

Same goes for the ctrl. This is very annoying, because you can select a whole range of notes not in view and change their position or status without realizing. To free the sticked key, I click on Cap.lock, which is neutral.

I thought it may have to do with an update of Win8.1, since it started then, or compatibility settings, like administrator, but I was wrong,

It starts and stops randomly 

Mhh, You posted that on the 16th. I've only had this problem since r1348. Though I probably haven't used since the 16th or so anyway, so it is indeed possible that a windows update messed with it. Unfortunately I do not have r1341 to test it with.

Edit: If I don't forget, I'll try using EoF in a Virtual Machine with windows 7 later today (it's 0120 hours here right now).

Have you made any changes to the way the keys to speed up/slow down the shifting through a song works? Shift + left/right only seem to work about half the time for me.

I haven't made any changes to key detection, and it's still working for me normally.

Edit: If I don't forget, I'll try using EoF in a Virtual Machine with windows 7 later today (it's 0120 hours here right now).

I'd be interested to know about this. If it's OS dependent there may be no quick way for me to resolve it. Is it only modifier keys that are glitchy?

Unless I missed it, I don't think anybody else mentioned this issue happening to them. It very well may be Windows broke keyboard detection for older programs. The best bet would be to try an old release candidate that you know for sure used to work. Here's 1.8RC9, which was released in late February:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4fsg04bojhkfa7/eof1.8RC9(r1296).zip

I briefly tested r1296 under different compatibility settings (Win8, 7, XP) w/without administrator rights.

Results on my machine are the same and worse :

Every shift or ctrl click remains sticked until released by another key (cap.lock or alt because they don't execute any command)

Which means every note or range of notes gets selected, by simply clicking the left mouse button.

hi raynebc,

Unfortunately, there are very many import error while GP importing with  hotfix r1348.

The GP Import with r1341 is o.k.
Here a few pictures with comparison of r1341 and r1348:

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/thumbs/k4lr-hq-85fc.jpg

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/thumbs/k4lr-hr-3871.jpg

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/thumbs/k4lr-hs-a733.jpg

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/thumbs/k4lr-ht-48ab.jpg

Have you made any changes to the way the keys to speed up/slow down the shifting through a song works? Shift + left/right only seem to work about half the time for me.

I haven't made any changes to key detection, and it's still working for me normally.

I'd be interested to know about this. If it's OS dependent there may be no quick way for me to resolve it. Is it only modifier keys that are glitchy?

Unless I missed it, I don't think anybody else mentioned this issue happening to them. It very well may be Windows broke keyboard detection for older programs. The best bet would be to try an old release candidate that you know for sure used to work. Here's 1.8RC9, which was released in late February:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4fsg04bojhkfa7/eof1.8RC9(r1296).zip

Just wanted to mention that I have the same problem (on Win 8.1). I havn't tried an old version of EOF or deleting any windows updates yet.

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.