Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Having a real RS preview would make charters life easier

Someone could write simple application using C# an Unity for that. RS xml visualizer or something like that Unity is very flexible thing :) (but not all ppls love it)About RS frets limit its 24 frets there is no anything higher, just go play something with 24 frets( one of AA song you played, Fire) or just believe me :)

Thanks for your precious answers, I hope they were not written too clearly somewhereFingerpositions can be identified by (correct) Frethand position (which I never looked at, my mistake)My middle-mouse click doesn't do anything on my system, so shortcuts are fine (F,N)T or 0 for Thumb : thanks (probably written somewhere)GP Midi export for correct timing had bad results with decel- accelerated beats.Maybe a constant single drum beat per bar in GPro with wav export to Sonic Visualizer gives better results.24 fret is well recognized by RS2 ( I don't know if it scores on score attack)Which leaves one usefull update, the Edit button on the Fret Hand Positions

Hi raynebc,

I have a little new request :

- Is it possible to keep the folder context of the "ogg" file (instead of the root) when we choose a specific folder to save the EOF project ?

Yesterday I created a new song, and after importing the "GP3" file for the lead part, some notes were lacking on the track :

- The GP3 file I used : Marillion - Kayleigh

- The missing notes were always the first one of a few measures (7 on the "e" string of measure 91, 8 on the "e" string of measure 92)

- There were only a few missing notes and I have added them manually.

Thank you

• Like 1

Could you clarify what you mean about the folder context? Is this when creating a new project and specifying where it is being saved, or when you're using "Save as" with an existing project? Usually you just have to tell EOF to save the project in the source audio's folder and it will save it in the folder with the OGG file you selected while creating a new project.

I couldn't reproduce the issue with that GP3 file, in the "Lead guitar" track, it imported for me so that measure 91 had all 6 notes and measure 92 had all 5 notes as expected. It may depend on what settings you're using, since the tablature has some weird notation around that part (a sliding note overlapping notes on other strings).

So you create a new project, specify an OGG file, and manually browse for a folder to save to, but when does a file/folder browse window come up with the starting path outside of the project folder? What prompt (ie. a file or lyric import?) is it?

Here are the steps I follow :

- [File][New]

- Select the "ogg" file

- Set the "New Song Information" fields

- Select the "Use Existing Folder"

- The file browser is displayed and located by default to "My PC"

It could be better to set up the file browser with the directory which contains the "ogg" file.

I looked into it for a little while but it seems like it could be moderately complicated to set that up. It would be easier to copy/move the OGG file you plan to use into a specific folder where you intend the project to go, then specify that OGG file path and use the source audio file's location as the project folder.

btw i did a custom with slides from fret 20 to 22 and from 22 to 24 and in the game it works fine. Just saying because the warning in EOF says that it could cause a crash. What type of slide does cause issues?

This is the part in my custom. Its a  linked next slide, 20 linked next to 22, 22 linked next to 24, 24 as a single note

20->22_22->24_24

btw i did a custom with slides from fret 20 to 22 and from 22 to 24 and in the game it works fine. Just saying because the warning in EOF says that it could cause a crash. What type of slide does cause issues?

This was a Rocksmith 1 era warning, but it doesn't sound like it applies to Rocksmith 2, so I'll look into conditionally suppressing it (ie. if only outputting RS2 XML).

This was a Rocksmith 1 era warning, but it doesn't sound like it applies to Rocksmith 2, so I'll look into conditionally suppressing it (ie. if only outputting RS2 XML).

yep especially if only outputting RS2 XML. It only needs i think a check for slides from 24 to greater like 25, thats probably would let RS2 crash as firekorn in the post above stated

• 2 weeks later...

Today I wanted to edit minor changes in an older custom of mine, done with RC9.

Now I downloaded RC10 and the fix r1341 and did the changes, but there is a problem with saving the notes.eof!

I loaded the old notes.eof from the working folder and did the changes.

When I click "save" it says "song folder no longer exists. Recreate folder?"

When I click "yes" it says "could not create folder" and shows the path from where I loaded the notes.eof.

When I try "save as" instead and choose a new file name or even a new folder, it says "could not create folder [...]. Ensure folder name is valid and the Song Folder is configured..."

I tried setting the song folder to different locations with no success.

Even when I create a new folder, load up the notes.eof from there, set it as the "song folder" and try to save, the same warnings appear...

Do I miss something obvious here?

Edit: Ok, it seems to work when the working folder is on the same harddrive partition as the eof.exe!?

And now I am even more confused... I edited my eof file in a new folder where saving is possible and saved it...

but the xml files for the different arrangements do not appear... shouldn't they do that automatically when I hit save?

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

When I click "save" it says "song folder no longer exists. Recreate folder?"

When I click "yes" it says "could not create folder" and shows the path from where

Usually this is a problem with file permissions (ie. using a modern version of Windows and trying to save anywhere within one of the "Program Files" directories or certain other locations) or one of the folders in the path is marked as hidden or something. EOF's log reports the Operating System's reason for the failure, but that doesn't always give a complete answer.

Edit: Ok, it seems to work when the working folder is on the same harddrive partition as the eof.exe!?

EOF allows me to use "save as" to save a project to a different partition on a different hard drive without error. I don't think there's anything in the programming that would prevent this.

but the xml files for the different arrangements do not appear... shouldn't they do that automatically when I hit save?

You probably need to re-enable Rocksmith export in File>Preferences. When you extract a new release candidate, it doesn't come with a configuration file so it reverts to default settings. If you want, you can copy the eof.cfg file into the EOF 1.8 RC10 folder (while that EOF executable is not running) to carry over your previous settings.

@@Kamyk, use f4 and add linknext note than switch back and add note to that arpeggio, you'll get "let ring" note :)

Like this?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/arpeggiowithoverlappingbasenote_zpsb43e9fe6.jpg

Does that actually work?

EOF allows me to use "save as" to save a project to a different partition on a different hard drive without error. I don't think there's anything in the programming that would prevent this.

You probably need to re-enable Rocksmith export in File>Preferences. When you extract a new release candidate, it doesn't come with a configuration file so it reverts to default settings. If you want, you can copy the eof.cfg file into the EOF 1.8 RC10 folder (while that EOF executable is not running) to carry over your previous settings.

1. I tracked the saving problem down to Dropbox: As soon as I move the folder into my Dropbox, EOF wants to recreate the working folder.

2. I even checked the tutorials, but I missed one setting I guess... now the xmls appear, thanks!

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.