Latest EOF releases (9-26-2020)

raynebc

Hey raynebc I've got a request/bug fix for you, but I don't quite know how to explain this:

Right now, chordsustain just keeps on going if eof finds an identical chord within ~10  seconds I believe it was? This happens even if a GP file has a rest, and then continues with the same chord.

For example:

http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/33442/dafdd0334412217.jpg

Is drawn (in-game) like the rest is not even there, because of EoF's behaviour.

Is is possible to have EoF implement the chordsustain/rest correctly, by cutting the sustain short when a rest is present and/or the next bar is empty of chords?

thanks for r1341 :)

btw: is there any EASY way to do something opposite to adding leading silence (I mean cutting first part of audio and to KEEP ALL THE NOTES IN THE RIGHT ORDER with all tempo changes too)?

Now when I cut part of audio before the song begins I am losing all the tempo changes I have done for the whole song.

maybe there is a solution for that?

:)

A new problem with 1341 I think, adding the leading silence (3000 milliseconds) to the song causes the silence to become the only part of the song, and removes the audio. Adding a certain threshold of milliseconds longer than the song itself kinda fixes the problem, but the audio still goes away. From what I saw with the commands, the "could not find enough matching streams for file" thing could be the problem, maybe?

All My CDLC | Oasis Discography | The Cult Collection

Formerly Dave89898989

Right now, chordsustain just keeps on going if eof finds an identical chord within ~10  seconds I believe it was? This happens even if a GP file has a rest, and then continues with the same chord.

This is mostly just an author preference, some may prefer it one way or the other, and it's probably not as simple as making any repeated chord after a rest display as a chord box, because a rest could be short like a 32nd note. For now, the easiest way to force a repeated chord to show as a chord box is to mark it as "crazy" (just select the chord and press the T key).

btw: is there any EASY way to do something opposite to adding leading silence (I mean cutting first part of audio and to KEEP ALL THE NOTES IN THE RIGHT ORDER with all tempo changes too)?

It would probably go something like:1. It may be good to make a spare copy of the audio and EOF project files before you go further, just in case. Determine how many milliseconds you wanted to cut and set that as the delay value in Song>Properties. Make sure not to select yes when EOF asks if you want to adjust the notes, you want the chart to stay put. If any notes or other items are before the delay timestamp, they get removed.2. Save and close the project. Use the audio editor of your choice to remove the exact number of milliseconds of audio (from step 1) from the beginning of the song. Save the audio and use it as guitar.ogg in your EOF project's folder.3. Open the project up in EOF again, open Song>Properties and change the delay value to 0 and click OK. This time when EOF asks if you want to adjust the notes, select Yes. The first beat marker will be lined up to 0:00 and will still be in sync as it was before step 1, even though the audio was changed.

A new problem with 1341 I think, adding the leading silence (3000 milliseconds) to the song causes the silence to become the only part of the song, and removes the audio. Adding a certain threshold of milliseconds longer than the song itself kinda fixes the problem, but the audio still goes away. From what I saw with the commands, the "could not find enough matching streams for file" thing could be the problem, maybe?

Depending on the audio file in use, the "Stream copy" option may not work properly. Have you tried using the re-encode option instead? If that still doesn't work, you may have to resort to editing the audio outside of EOF, although I can't remember running into an OGG file where re-encode didn't work. If you find otherwise, please send me the OGG file for testing.

This is mostly just an author preference, some may prefer it one way or the other, and it's probably not as simple as making any repeated chord after a rest display as a chord box, because a rest could be short like a 32nd note. For now, the easiest way to force a repeated chord to show as a chord box is to mark it as "crazy" (just select the chord and press the T key).

I do not see how the sustain of a chord is any less important or any more up to the author's preference than a single note's sustain. It's also evident by the way eof exports chord sustains: New chord? Correct sustain. Even if that new chord starts 4 seconds after the last chord ends. So why should it be different from the same chord being played twice, also with silence in the middle? It's not like we should keep the chord ringing just because the next chord just happens to be the same one.

It's more of a limitation of Rocksmith than anything else. Just the way it is designed, it doesn't display sustains for chords unless they have a particular technique that makes that information more important. The highlighted borders on the edge of the highlighted frets on-screen don't specifically represent chord sustains, but how long the shape is held by the fretting hand. And chords have to be in the same handshape to be able to display as repeat lines, so I don't think there's a single solution to satisfy everybody's wants.

To shown chord sustains in-game explicitly, you can apply the sustain status, which will have EOF export "chordnotes", which is pretty much like overlaying the graphics of sustained single notes for every note played in the chord. I don't know if official songs do that for chords that don't have any of the relevant techniques, but it otherwise works fine. It may look a little stranger for chord repeats though.

The other option (forcing new handshape tags) otherwise forces chords to display as chord boxes (instead of repeats), but it would start a new hand shape, so the borders on the sides would shorten to the length of the chord(s) as authored in EOF.

Hey raynebc I've got a request/bug fix for you, but I don't quite know how to explain this:

For example:

http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/33442/dafdd0334412217.jpg

Is drawn (in-game) like the rest is not even there, because of EoF's behaviour.

Is is possible to have EoF implement the chordsustain/rest correctly, by cutting the sustain short when a rest is present and/or the next bar is empty of chords?

As raynebc said, the problem is that in the game what you see based on your example is not a sustain, its a hand shape. If you want a rest you use on chord #8 the crazy status (keyboard t) this will create basically a rest after hitting chord #7. Chord #8 will have then a new chord box and you will have between both chords a gap without sustain or chord shape.

If your example would have normal chords without palm mute it would be difficult to know if the gap is a rest or not.

As raynebc said, the problem is that in the game what you see based on your example is not a sustain, its a hand shape. If you want a rest you use on chord #8 the crazy status (keyboard t) this will create basically a rest after hitting chord #7. Chord #8 will have then a new chord box and you will have between both chords a gap without sustain or chord shape.

If your example would have normal chords without palm mute it would be difficult to know if the gap is a rest or not.

Handshapes is how rocksmith tells you how long to told the chord. Remove your hand from your fretboard, and you stop the chord. Simple. Unless you have some magic guitar. In that case: gimme!

Your last sentence does not make sense. Whether or not the gap is a rest or not is irrelevant. Both will result in no chord being played. You don't ring out a chord just because there's nothing in the notation.

@@raynebc I understand the limitation. Guess I'll just have to manually do toggle crazy status.

Removing the fret hand isn't the only way to stop the chord from ringing out, you can use the picking hand to mute the strings in which case the chord shape is still held. It would have just been better for Rocksmith to display all chord sustains in-game (like with Rock Band 3 and Bandfuse) but its developers went a different way with it, possibly in an effort to de-clutter or otherwise simplify the on-screen notation.

It would probably go something like:1. It may be good to make a spare copy of the audio and EOF project files before you go further, just in case. Determine how many milliseconds you wanted to cut and set that as the delay value in Song>Properties. Make sure not to select yes when EOF asks if you want to adjust the notes, you want the chart to stay put. If any notes or other items are before the delay timestamp, they get removed.2. Save and close the project. Use the audio editor of your choice to remove the exact number of milliseconds of audio (from step 1) from the beginning of the song. Save the audio and use it as guitar.ogg in your EOF project's folder.3. Open the project up in EOF again, open Song>Properties and change the delay value to 0 and click OK. This time when EOF asks if you want to adjust the notes, select Yes. The first beat marker will be lined up to 0:00 and will still be in sync as it was before step 1, even though the audio was changed.

not so very much "one click" option :lol: :lol: but THANKS :lol:

Hello raynebc, can you investigate what is wrong with 7 string guitar import It's import all fine but tuning is totally wrong(used default 6 strings) when I select "drop first string" it should use string 7-2 instead of 6-1 that used now, thank you or your time :)

@@Alex360 --

Tried updating today, and chrome is giving me "eof hotfix (r1341).zip is malicious, and chrome has blocked it".  Dunno how it came to that conclusion, but there doesn't seem to be any other information or an option to ignore.  Beats me.

--EDIT--

I had a file "Unconfirmed_________.crdownload" where I told Chrome to download to.  Filesize was right, so I renamed it to "eofhotfix.zip" and checked it out.  Virus scan came up clean as I expected, so I went ahead and put it into my EOF directory.  Seems to be working fine...  I wonder if Chrome suddenly has a problem with Mediafire or something?  Very weird.

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

@@Alex360 -- Tried updating today, and chrome is giving me "eof hotfix (r1341).zip is malicious, and chrome has blocked it".  Dunno how it came to that conclusion, but there doesn't seem to be any other information or an option to ignore.  Beats me. --EDIT--I had a file "Unconfirmed_________.crdownload" where I told Chrome to download to.  Filesize was right, so I renamed it to "eofhotfix.zip" and checked it out.  Virus scan came up clean as I expected, so I went ahead and put it into my EOF directory.  Seems to be working fine...  I wonder if Chrome suddenly has a problem with Mediafire or something?  Very weird.

Chrome has a problem with EoF, it doesn't like it. Seriously, I'm not being a smart a#@.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

There's an odd bug with the playback speed + time stretch where when you input a percentage over 100, the sound is not in sync with the screen anymore. The claps still go off at the right time, but the screen is already way past that point. Don't know/care if it's fixable since the clap is still in sync, and I doubt that anyone else will use the playback speed like that, but I thought I'd let you know.

There's an odd bug with the playback speed + time stretch where when you input a percentage over 100, the sound is not in sync with the screen anymore. The claps still go off at the right time, but the screen is already way past that point. Don't know/care if it's fixable since the clap is still in sync, and I doubt that anyone else will use the playback speed like that, but I thought I'd let you know.

Set higher buffer or play once, stop and play again(this will workout audio stream to next buffer so you'll get correct position without lag. [thats how I solved this issue, but this could be processed in Background thread]

Set higher buffer or play once, stop and play again(this will workout audio stream to next buffer so you'll get correct position without lag. [thats how I solved this issue, but this could be processed in Background thread]

Already tried that. Works when I set a speed lower than 100, but not when I set it to something higher than 100.

I see this is as design, look here https://code.google.com/p/editor-on-fire/source/browse/trunk/src/gp_import.c?spec=svn1342&r=1342#2988 you've dropped it, that not what I expect EOF should do.

Originally, EOF just ignored the 7th string because it didn't have the option about which string to import. I forgot to update the tuning import for this, at least I know what to fix though.

@@Alex360I wonder if Chrome suddenly has a problem with Mediafire or something?

Chrome has a long history of hating on EOF every now and then, even when I was hosting files with Sendspace. Most likely it's because the reputation for the executable files in the scope of Chrome's users is relatively not well known, so they're being on the paranoid side of the scale and flagging it even though every well known anti-virus program would clear it.

There's an odd bug with the playback speed + time stretch where when you input a percentage over 100, the sound is not in sync with the screen anymore.

This is an old problem (https://code.google.com/p/editor-on-fire/issues/detail?id=140) I never got around to fixing, mostly because it was just for fun. I'm still not really sure if it's a bug with EOF or with the OGG playing code, which is third party.

@@raynebc, About that audio lag, you could add Double buffering or even triple, and wait until its ready, maybe even use multithreading for that work.

Any more advanced playback methods will probably have to wait until the port to Allegro 5, which does have multithreading support. Allegro 4 is kind of primitive by comparison, but it's what EOF's stuck with for the time being.

It would be nice if you could add in addition to the simple Halve and double BPM ,versions of it with Adjust notes activated.

Those functions were mostly meant to make alterations to the chart to suit Rock Band, which requires all tempo changes to be within a specific range of BPM, while leaving the notes the same. The Beat menu is pretty full, but maybe I could add "double" and "halve" buttons to the "Beat>BPM Change" dialog. It would be more clicks/keypresses, but it would be an easy way for me to add it. Would that be close enough?
  • Like 1

It would be nice if you could add in addition to the simple Halve and double BPM ,versions of it with Adjust notes activated.

Those functions were mostly meant to make alterations to the chart to suit Rock Band, which requires all tempo changes to be within a specific range of BPM, while leaving the notes the same. The Beat menu is pretty full, but maybe I could add "double" and "halve" buttons to the "Beat>BPM Change" dialog. It would be more clicks/keypresses, but it would be an easy way for me to add it. Would that be close enough?

This could be handy for a song I'm trying to do that changes to double time half way through, but only if it could adjust bars set by sonic visualiser which is correct for the first half but gets confused for second halfSent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I actually use Halve and Double BPM quite often. Some songs have strange time Signature changes (7/8 and 9/8 and others) that mess the tempomap up, to compensate you have to use the Halve and Double BPM and in addition you have to adjust the notes via Change BPM Dialog . Both things are needed Halve/Double BPM and Halve/Double BPM with notes adjust.

What about creating a new submenu like

Beat:

BPM Operations->

in that you have all 5 BPM operations (reset, calculate, estimate, double, halve) plus the 2 new ones (halve + adjust, double + adjust), this would actually even shrink the Beat menu down. You would eliminate that way 4 items out of the Beat menu. maybe you could place BPM Operations below BPM Changes to have everything together.

But it would also be fine to have it in the Change BPM dialog.

• Like 1