Notes out of sync by milliseconds when playing in game

slayerad2000

Question

I have created a cdlc which i have used clap to sync notes at 25% speed,All line up ok when played in eof at 100% speed yet when played in rocksmith 2014 they seem to be out by milliseconds and register as missed notes. I can play the song 100% from memory & know the timings yet can only get between 2%-16% on the game. Don't know what else to try

14 answers to this question

Usually, the best way to go is to synchronize the beat markers first and ensure their placement is accurate (use the metronome sound cue during playback) before worrying about testing note sync with claps. When the beat timings are accurate, it's pretty easy to get the note timing right.

• Like 1

Guitar ogg file

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xj5tfxgv5jo72jg/Mephisto+Waltz.eof

Are there any other files people would need to test?

That's the link to the notes file.

I tried opening the notes file without the ogg -- I substituted a different mp3, with the guess that this shouldn't affect the beatmap. If that's true, then it looks to me like none of the notes are snapped to the grid.

@@slayerad2000

It looks to me like you didn't set the beat map. The time signature isn't set either.

I'm wondering why there are so many beats scrunched up at the beginning? And there's no need for such a long lead-in section.

Do the notes come from a Guitarpro file? If so, and if you haven't made any changes to the tab, I'd just start again from scratch, since it's just a solo guitar song. There's a tutorial to lead you through getting the file setup, setting the beatmap, etc. You import the GuitarPro file afterwards. If you set the beatmap correctly, the guitar notes will line up perfectly.

@@slayerad2000,

As MVega said :

- Set the time signature (4/4, 3/4, ...)

- Synchronize the first main beat with the start of the soundtrack

- Set the default BPM

- Import the notes from the Guitar Pro Tab file

- Synchronize the main beat of each measure (vertical bar) with the soundtrack

I took a look on your EOF project :

Your beats seem to be well synchronized with the soundtrack, but the notes are all totally not synchronized with the beats.

For the sync process, display the waveform graph, it is more accurate than the audio and be carreful when using a "playback rate" lower than 50% (possible lag between the start and the end of each note)

Personally I use a playback rate at 100% with a "clap" sound for each note and I always use the waveform graph to localize the real position of the main beat of each measure.

When your beatmap is totally in sync with the audio soundtrack, you can delete all notes and reimport them on your track with no more effort.

I am using this process to improve my old customs (open, delete all notes, reimport them), because last releases of EOF can now apply some techs directly during the import of the guitar pro tab (and because my beatmaps are always in sync).

• Like 2

Sounds like it actually could be a tuning problem too instead of a sync problem. If you've set the tuning differently/forgot to set the tuning correctly in eof and the toolkit the chart in game will not match the notes that are actually registered by the game. Still you get around 2-16% completion like you said for some reason, possibly from digital noise or something. From what I've experienced, the game does have quite a generous tolerance for notes being off sync so syncing at 25% speed should be more than enough.

I haven't looked at the files you posted, sorry if this is obvious, just throwing it out there :)

Slayerad, this is an awesome song (I played the psarc).  Thanks a bunch.  Reminds me of Tristram.

Like everyone said grid snapping is gonna be the best way to get millisecond accuracy, among other things.

However, the reason you are missing notes is because the toolkit is set to Eb but the EOF chart is set to E standard (what Ross suggested).

In EOF:

track->proguitar->set tuning

and make all the boxes -1

IF the Toolkit bugs out on you just remove the arrangement and re-add it.