Please ! Dont post songs with no custom tone.

ebe76

Question

To actual and futur contributors and CDLC makers : All is in the title.

"Das ist verbotten !" ;), or put them in the Workshop and ask someone to help to put a default tone.

To mod & admin :

Why are those CDLC in the Submitted section and not in the Workshop ?

Could it be possible to put a BIG-RED message when a songs is posted with no custom tone that

it will make the game unplayable and everyone has to restart RS again to not play your song again !

Or redirect them to the workshop section.

Cause everyone knows what goes after such a song is dowloaded and played, all people go back to the forum to say the same thing to the guys, "hey dude, your song has no tone, .... blablablabla , have to restart RS."

Someone smart would say : " So why do you download the songs if "custom tone : No" is indicated.

I would answer, "Why is this song in the Submitted Section if testing this songs will "crashes" RS ??"

Sorry but was a little bit angry this morning about a massive list of good songs posted yesterday with no custom tone.

• Like 5

I think this is a great idea. It's very frustrating. For us too. However we don't host the files therefore we have no way to know if they have a custom tone installed correctly. We also have no way to know if the file is done correctly and can even be loaded.

We are working on the database to let us move to a "completed" section which will help curb this problem. We just aren't there yet.

Sorry you are having a bad morning. Hopefully this helps:

http://www.breakfastblogger.com/wp-content/photos/rabbit_pancake.gif

(I mean to be funny, no offense meant)

• Like 2

\m/(><)\m/

'99 Fender Stratocaster / '12 Gibson SG (Nothing special but they are mine)

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

If I remember correctly they wanted to include a default custom tone into the toolkit. So even if you don't create a custom tone the build .psarc will have one.

Edit: just looked into the toolkit update notes. It seems this is implemented allready since version 2.3.1.0

2.3.1.0:

* Fixed CAPO feature in CLDC;

* Fixed Tuning Pitch (CentOffSet) for some tuning frequencies;

* Added option to duplicate a tone;

* Fixed DLC Converter when convert X360 packages from another platform;

* A lot of fixes in DLC Converter (song year is 0, lost dynamic density, vocal and preview are lost, etc);

* Recover RS2012 package generation support;

* DDC updated to 1.9;

* A lot fixes for DDC integration;

* Added default name when generate package;

* Added version field for user define version of the package;

* Added validation for null tones to avoid problem with CDLC;

• Like 1

Interesting. Is it a known issue that trying to play a song without a custom tone defined will crash Rocksmith?

sleepy

Acoustic Guitar:  Seagull Maritime GT  Playing Since:  8/11/2011

Electric Guitar:  Epiphone Les Paul Jr.  Playing since:  9/25/2013

Bass Guitar:  Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Special  Playing Since:  2/17/2014

"The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley

I've only created custom tones for a few of my charts. The others use ones from official ubisoft charts.

I've never had sound issues needing a game restart?

@@UKLooney That's because you are actually using some sort of tone. It doesn't have to be a custom tone, just some type of tone period. Assuming I understand correctly. Some people are posting them with no tone to them at all.

• Like 1

\m/(><)\m/

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

The others use ones from official ubisoft charts.

So there is one.

This post talk about CDLC that have no custom tone, it means "NO" sound affected to the guitar part.

That 's why it 's not "acceptable" to post CDLC without any tone, as you can pick one of those from Ubisoft if you cannot create one.

Someone smart would say : " So why do you download the songs if "custom tone : No" is indicated.

I would answer, "Why is this song in the Submitted Section if testing this songs will "crashes" RS ??"

I have always assumed that you should enter 'No' in this field if a standard ubisoft tone is used, not if you haven't used a tone at all...

All my customs can be found here :)

Man, am I glad I happened to click on this thread! I experience this 'no more sound' problem quite often, especially when I'm playing my bass; which makes more sense now since people are more likely to submit a song without a bass tone than without a guitar tone. I'm glad I know the cause, now I can be more careful when downloading CDLCs...thanks!

sleepy

Acoustic Guitar:  Seagull Maritime GT  Playing Since:  8/11/2011

Electric Guitar:  Epiphone Les Paul Jr.  Playing since:  9/25/2013

Bass Guitar:  Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Special  Playing Since:  2/17/2014

"The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley

To actual and futur contributors and CDLC makers : All is in the title.

"Das ist verbotten !" ;), or put them in the Workshop and ask someone to help to put a default tone.

To mod & admin :

Why are those CDLC in the Submitted section and not in the Workshop ?

Could it be possible to put a BIG-RED message when a songs is posted with no custom tone that

it will make the game unplayable and everyone has to restart RS again to not play your song again !

Or redirect them to the workshop section.

Cause everyone knows what goes after such a song is dowloaded and played, all people go back to the forum to say the same thing to the guys, "hey dude, your song has no tone, .... blablablabla , have to restart RS."

Sorry but was a little bit angry this morning about a massive list of good songs posted yesterday with no custom tone.

Meanwhile if the "completed" section is not finished in the db and if the songs that you downloaded are worthy enough, you could unpack the song and add a tone of your preference, you have all the hard work done, so no biggie, isn't it? and problem fixed...

• Like 1

Time? I can't give you time... Anyone can... Time is just an illusion...

My CDLC'S here --> Rush Forge

I can see where this can be frustrating, yes.

One workaround is to keep on hand your own custom tones using Rocksmith's Tone Designer. Especially if you routinely play similar artists or a particular type of music. Or even if you've developed "your" own guitar sound. This way, all you have to do is hit a number at the start of the song.

It's too bad Rocksmith only gives us 4 tone slots. I have 10 numbers on MY keyboard....

Meanwhile if the "completed" section is not finished in the db and if the songs that you downloaded are worthy enough, you could unpack the song and add a tone of your preference, you have all the hard work done, so no biggie, isn't it? and problem fixed...

thanx dude, but i technically solved the problem before submitting this post.

I was not asking a solution, just to say "enough" to people who sent CDLC without any tone at all, that make RS crashes.

you re a charter ? did you submit song without any sound at all ??? sure not.

I know that adding a tone with RS toolkit is simple and it's a 10 second task to do.

1 - Just think to all people who are just playing songs here, and dont have or know the RS toolkit to do the job by themself.

2 - If 100 people dowload a CDLC without a tone, you think 100 people have to finish the work themself ?

to Mvega : When a CLDC has no sound at all, no more sound is working after that, even your preset made by the tone designer.

you have to restart RS.

to Mvega : When a CLDC has no sound at all, no more sound is working after that, even your preset made by the tone designer.

you have to restart RS.

Ah, okay, I did not know this. Much different!

thanx dude, but i technically solved the problem before submitting this post.

I was not asking a solution, just to say "enough" to people who sent CDLC without any tone at all, that make RS crashes.

you re a charter ? did you submit song without any sound at all ??? sure not.

I know that adding a tone with RS toolkit is simple and it's a 10 second task to do.

1 - Just think to all people who are just playing songs here, and dont have or know the RS toolkit to do the job by themself.

2 - If 100 people dowload a CDLC without a tone, you think 100 people have to finish the work themself ?

you have to restart RS.

1-Well if someone doesn't know or have the toolkit or how to change tones they could ask in the help section... is a ten 10 sec task isn't it? so I think 100 people could manage that, in fact would be great that everyone know how to tweak cdlc's maybe the number of contributors would increase.

2-As I said before if YOU think the song is worthy enough you can change whatever you want, but was only a suggestion, I know that would be wonderful to have "finished" songs in the submitted section, but It can't be helped the submitted section grows everyday and to check the quality of 2.3k songs seems a little titanic and being realist only a few put their toneless songs in the workshop and why? cuz people prefers the submitted section to get feedback (deja vu? sa sinking), but they're working on a finished section (claps), glad to know that you fixed your problem before to post :)

Time? I can't give you time... Anyone can... Time is just an illusion...

My CDLC'S here --> Rush Forge

Could you link one of these customs without tone? I'm interested if it forces me to restart.

if you're a charter, i would say, take one of yours and remove the guitar tone with the toolkit and try.

i dont want to blame one more than the other.

• Like 1

Could you link one of these customs without tone? I'm interested if it forces me to restart.

if you're a charter, i would say, take one of yours and remove the guitar tone with the toolkit and try.

i dont want to blame one more than the other.

They actually got links to some. We just moved them to PM.  :ugeek:

\m/(><)\m/

@@Jansku79

I edited this post after sending the links to Jansku79 via private message. I don't want anyone else downloading these by mistake.

-Spades

Yeah never seen that one before, no any kind of response from guitar while the chart is rolling. Still i was wondering if there is something deeper in this problem as sometimes people complain not having tone although there is one. Could someone test this custom as i got mention it having no tone, but i cannot find any problem from it on my computer. If it's an user issue then it would be great if i could guide them on this, or fix my custom if there really is a problem.

In my version of the toolkit, there's a default tone -- it seems to be blank though. Maybe instead of that, the default tone should at least have an amp and cabinet loaded. That should solve the Rocksmith crash, right? And of course the Toolkit shouldn't allow a custom to be generated unless there is at least this basic tone. 

@@Jansku79 : Did u try to play another song just after your test ? And did you get the tone of the next song after that ? cause that is the problem we are talking here...

@@MVega, you re right.

We talked about RS toolkit solution to solve the problem here .

Maybe there will be a new version soon implementing a correct default tone to avoid the problem.