Welcome to a revolutionary new technique to learn guitar.

Unleashed2k

Should I link to them here when done or should I upload them to the database..?

I've put my finger exercises into the database and nobody complained about. Just put it into.The backing track of this finger exercise was a GuitarPro WAV-export. If you don't own GuitarPro, just use TuxGuitar which is able to export audio too. In my opinion, the sound quality isn't an important item, if you create a exercise track.If you really create this exercise (which, by the way, i would be interested in), you may use "Exercise" as the album name, just like i did. This would make it easier to find exercises within the database.

I've been working on a new (for me) guitar style, Freddie Green-style rhythm guitar (comping). I'm looking for a way to develop a few customs for this -- just got an excellent app for my tablet, iReal Pro, which I believe lets me export the accompaniment as a .wav. Maybe I'll start off with some of the practice charts before trying a full song.

I'm not sure if Rocksmith is right for this though -- the idea behind comping is that you're suppose to read the chord progression, not tablature.

I blame the many songs I can play:) I want to try them all rather than just sticking to a few and really getting to know how to play them better.

Try releasing conversions of your own. You'll get very deep in the understanding how a song is build up, about tuning, timing ...and if you care, you have to test your project a lot of times before giving it out to public. That's the way I stick with a song.

I blame the many songs I can play:) I want to try them all rather than just sticking to a few and really getting to know how to play them better.

Try releasing conversions of your own. You'll get very deep in the understanding how a song is build up, about tuning, timing ...and if you care, you have to test your project a lot of times before giving it out to public. That's the way I stick with a song.

I have come a long ways in 4 months but thanks for the tips :)

Chords started to seem more common between songs so moving from one song to the next got easier and I started to notice more commonalities in songs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great idea.  SA had a few called:

• You_Scale_Exercise_v1_p.psarc
  • You_Pentatonic_Fretboard_v1_p.psarc
  • You_Natural_Fretboard_v1_p.psarc
  • You_Harmonic_Fretboard_v1_p.psarc
  • You - 12 Bar Blues (Practice) v1.0_p.psarc

You should start with those.

Any idea on where to find those now that SA is gone?

Any chance you could add them to the database here?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

This is delayed due to development of Ignition & our desktop app, but we plan to throw some ideas around later :)

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• 2 months later...

To be honest, most of the songs I've seen are geared to a younger audience (no, I didn't say all), so I must forego many of the custom DLCs that are available because they are groups and/or artists that I either don't care for or simply don't know.

What a coincidence! I was going to complain about the old songs the library have.We agree that RS satifies nobody.Ubisoft stop adding ancient songs.This game is for young audiences,not for dinosaurs. :D Well at least you can rid off the 5% of the annoying complaints in the forums. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I have an idea to exercise with cdlc. I am a bass player and when i am exercising I do it with key signatures. For exemple; C key: C maj, D min, E min, F maj, G maj, A min, B dim; chords and different soundings, arpeggios ect... Then i start with C maj7, Dmin7, Emin7, Fmaj7, G7,Amin7, Bdim7 and so on.. Key exercises are good solution and perfect way to get neck control. Player who knows key signature that contains what chords under it, can do good improvisation aswell.

I hope it helps. It is a perfect idea to prepare such cdlcs.  

• 4 weeks later...

I have been trying to learn how to do some tapping.  Maybe you could make a list of songs that use a certain technique. For example

I have been trying AC/DC Thunder and Van Halen Eruption.   I slow down the tempo a lot since I'm new at it.  But it still is fun.  

I think it is more fun to try and play along with a song than just do an exercise and It may not take that long to make a list or put in a sorting category.

I just read through the thread and felt like offering some suggestions if people are thinking of coming up with lessons.

I don't know how much you can mod Rocksmith, but a shadow on the neck for where your fingers should be would be awesome!  That or just a pause until the note's been played.  A lot of the time songs just go by so fast that I'm struggling to hit the strings.  I've started to go into the scoring mode simply because learning a song mode is harder than at a set difficulty.

A lot of the games don't pick up my bass very well either.  I've never had it setup and it's a beginners bass so it might be partially due to that.  Either way, I kind of wish that I could set the speed of the games (and really the missing lessons) based on my own ability.  Instead it often feels like I'm getting pulled or pushed along rather than having it work for me.

Other than that, any good arrangements built for practice would be nice.

Just found the site the other day, but I'm probably going to start taking bass lessons to save time and frustration.

Thanks for what you're doing!

• Like 1