You Exercises : The RS14 Collection (Standardized)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@TomSawyer2112, I recomment this exercises, a must for your collection.

Also check out my latest Blues compings 7 & 8, they're more full instrumental songs with solos recorded and mixed down by myself. All real multitracks available. Very enjoyable and useful.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@TomSawyer2112, I recomment this exercises, a must for your collection.

Also check out my latest Blues compings 7 & 8, they're more full instrumental songs with solos recorded and mixed down by myself. All real multitracks available. Very enjoyable and useful.

Yes, I saw your work, didn't play them fully through yet, I need to spend some more time to check and update this topic  ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I haven't gone through all the ones listed for "You" as the artist to check, but I'm wondering about something. What are you all's thoughts on using short real clips from songs in one exercise file. For instance if there's a "You - Play Like Van Halen" created, that has two minutes worth of clips from 10 different songs chopped together. Is that okay?

(Obviously, if an artist that has ODLCs is done, none of the clips include DLC songs)

I haven't gone through all the ones listed for "You" as the artist to check, but I'm wondering about something. What are you all's thoughts on using short real clips from songs in one exercise file. For instance if there's a "You - Play Like Van Halen" created, that has two minutes worth of clips from 10 different songs chopped together. Is that okay?

(Obviously, if an artist that has ODLCs is done, none of the clips include DLC songs)

I would not name it as "You", because it's probably not exercising a precise technique.

And it isn't either an educational tutorial from an Artist. But under YouArtist would still be alright.

I would keep it under Van Halen - 

2 Minutes of 10 songs each is a pretty long compilation of 20 minutes, finding the right part to exercise may not be very comfortable.

I think You exercices should remain short, with not too may sections, to quickly find and remember what you want to train.

I would not name it as "You", because it's probably not exercising a precise technique.

And it isn't either an educational tutorial from an Artist. But under YouArtist would still be alright.

2 Minutes of 10 songs each is a pretty long compilation of 20 minutes, finding the right part to exercise may not be very comfortable.

I think You exercices should remain short, with not too may sections, to quickly find and remember what you want to train.

Okay. I saw the one "You" CDLC that was Yngwie Malmsteen Classic Exercises and thought that might be the model initially. Are there any YouArtist files in ignition? I only see a bunch of You ones.

Sorry, that last part, I meant as an example... two minutes for the entire CDLC of 10 songs. So on average, about 12 second clips from each song.

There exist a couple of customs, to my knowledge, in Ignition, with what you are looking for, though not preceded by the prefix “You”. Both by PC Plum (his links are all dead now but people might post their copy for you - I think that is how it works, but check forum rules first) :

“History of Rock Mashup” and “Guns n Roses solos”.

Great thread TomSawyer!! Good to see you out and about!

• Like 2

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

Problem with YouArtist customs is that this learning material is often copyrighted, you have to buy it to use it, 

so the fair use does not apply as it does for playing songs.(which you have to own too, to be fair)

I remember they removed the absolutely great John Petrucci exercices...

Yeah still lucky and alive, when so many people pass away.

RIP Neil

• 2 years later...