New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, William

All I've got to say is WOW! on your two customs also. Played Lead and Rhythm on both songs. It looks like CustomsForge has another Professional Magna Charter in it's ranks. The Guitar tones and all audio levels are really excellent sync is tight also. Loved playing the Lead path on the Lynyrd Skynyrd - Travelin' Man  custom the Rhythm path was a little hard to get used to at first but got up to the high 60's on just a few play-throughs. The  Everclear - Wonderful  is really an excellent tune and both paths were great fun to play. If the Bass paths are anything like the Lead and Rhythm Paths, I would say the customs are darn near perfect. These two Customs are 5-Star rated in my book for sure.

Hey Guy's and Gal's here in the CRC, if you haven't checked out Ripcord's new Customs you are really missing out on some sweet customs.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, All

I am kind of embarrassed to post this Custom here after seeing the quality of RSBass's and Ripcord's and a matter of fact, everybody else's Custom's lately. It is pretty rough and the first version. It's one for the Halloween Pack, I am trying to get together The Eagles - Witchy Woman - 1972 the first Eagles tune I have tried to chart. It still needs quite a bit of work, I just want to know if I'm going in the right direction with it and how it is starting to sound like on everybody else's RockSmith set ups.

The others in the Halloween Pack are going to be:

Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy - 1982

The Misfits - Monster Mash - 1999  I still need to get the vocal path completed. I just free handed charted this one with no tab or nothing. Don't really know if the Bass path fits or not. Any advice would be appreciated for sure.

and Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare - 1975 if I can accomplish it.

Later, Terry

The mark of a good cover song is one where an artist or band incorporates their unique style into the original version to make the song their own.  The mark of a great cover song is one that makes you forget about the original version altogether. I believe this is one of those songs.

Stone Sour - Wicked Game

EDIT: Updated tone volume 10/30/2015 5:00 pm EST 

I know there is already 2 versions of this song already here, but this awesome song on it's own in my humble opinion.

Let me know if the tone on Rhythm needs to be higher, Lead seems good to me

Thanks

William

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, William

Checked out the Stone Sour - Wicked Game tune on YouTube, What Acoustic Tone are you using on the custom? I remember Chris Isaak's version in the early 90's it sure got a lot of radio air play.

Later, Terry

R.E.M RELIGION ACOUSTIC AND R.E.M shiny LEAD. I adjusted volumes up last night and tested sounds better.

Looking forward to giving it a run-through this evening and checking out the R.E.M. Acoustic tone also.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

R.E.M RELIGION ACOUSTIC AND R.E.M shiny LEAD. I adjusted volumes up last night and tested sounds better.

Looking forward to giving it a run-through this evening and checking out the R.E.M. Acoustic tone also.

Later, Terry

Will upload updated volume version soon with same link

• Like 1

Hi, All

I am trying to get together The Eagles - Witchy Woman - 1972 the first Eagles tune I have tried to chart. It still needs quite a bit of work, I just want to know if I'm going in the right direction with it and how it is starting to sound like on everybody else's RockSmith set ups.

Later, Terry

Played Lead and Rhythm.  Lead tone sounds good, Rhythm..wouldn't hurt to raise it a few notches up in my opinion. 70% on rhythm 50% on Lead, Wanna try Bass when I can pry it from my sons hand.  Great Song Choice.

William. 

I'm not quite sure how I allowed myself to get roped into this, but I just created a guitar-only Christmas song by Steve Vai. I have no meaningful way of testing it since I'm not a guitarist, nor do I own a Steve Vai (though it is on my Amazon Wish List). So could one of you shredders test this one out for me?

Thank you!

LB

P.S., I had to remove a couple of bends that were on fret 22 as EOF warned me that they could cause Rocksmith to crash.

https://docs.google.com/uc?authuser=0&id=0BzPFCnUmDYEVWEZ0SlpVSC1RN2c&export=download

LaceyB 

i never herd this before fun to play syncing looked good 

sound of tone with song good 

but playing it some time after the first slide the notes for next slide would not show it would just show slide line not what note 

but the rest seem fine 

Thanks 

Rick

The mark of a good cover song is one where an artist or band incorporates their unique style into the original version to make the song their own.  The mark of a great cover song is one that makes you forget about the original version altogether. I believe this is one of those songs.

Stone Sour - Wicked Game

I know there is already 2 versions of this song already here, but this awesome song on it's own in my humble opinion.

Thanks

William

William

good song plays nice like it alot 

play Lead and Rhythm syncing was good 

sounds of the tone and song sounded good to me

the riff repeater seem to only level up whole song not section of the song

but if that the way you wanted it thats fine 

but if someone want to play a part of song it will not do that 

but really like the song and it play well and sound good nice job

Later 

Rick

• Like 1

avdocatwork

Terry

I am trying to get together The Eagles - Witchy Woman - 1972 the first Eagles tune I have tried to chart. It still needs quite a bit of work, I just want to know if I'm going in the right direction with it and how it is starting to sound like on everybody else's RockSmith set ups.

I have messed with this song just never put it out 

i have it playing different if you want the tab 

i play yours some parts are missing and think syncing later in song and to the end is out 

so if you want the tab i got to see it or eof file i have them 

i just never got around to finishing it so it dont matter to me 

so Thanks for the song but i tink it needs alot of work 

Later Rick

Hi all 

i have a song that i all ready done but the bass tabs was bad

New Bass tab

have change some lead and rhythm note and tones 

so Bass needs tested and feedback 

lead and rhythm was pretty good but nice to hear what people think 

so feedback on all would be great 

Boston - Rock and Roll Band L,R,B,&Lyrics

so this is Ver. 3 if you all ready had this remove old ver.

Thanks All

Rick

Stone Sour - Wicked Game

Thanks

William

William

good song plays nice like it alot 

play Lead and Rhythm syncing was good 

sounds of the tone and song sounded good to me

the riff repeater seem to only level up whole song not section of the song

but if that the way you wanted it thats fine 

but if someone want to play a part of song it will not do that 

but really like the song and it play well and sound good nice job

Later 

Rick

I noticed that too. Thanks for looking it over, Do you know what causes that in riff repeater?

I'm not quite sure how I allowed myself to get roped into this, but I just created a guitar-only Christmas song by Steve Vai. I have no meaningful way of testing it since I'm not a guitarist, nor do I own a Steve Vai (though it is on my Amazon Wish List). So could one of you shredders test this one out for me?

Thank you!

LB

P.S., I had to remove a couple of bends that were on fret 22 as EOF warned me that they could cause Rocksmith to crash.

https://docs.google.com/uc?authuser=0&id=0BzPFCnUmDYEVWEZ0SlpVSC1RN2c&export=download

LaceyB 

but playing it some time after the first slide the notes for next slide would not show it would just show slide line not what note 

but the rest seem fine 

Thanks 

Rick

That's great feedback. Wish I knew what caused that/how to fix...

Thanks!

Well I tried to play it, to much for me to handle. gorgeous notes and slides though, how do they rotate from a verticle position to horizontal a second before they are played?  never noticed that before in any other custom.

Thank you!

LB

LaceyB 

but the rest seem fine 

Thanks 

Rick

That's great feedback. Wish I knew what caused that/how to fix...

Thanks!

i Think i seen that when i use nextlink on two slides that was close together to be used as one 

but not for sure 

Later

Rick

A51Ripcord

William

Did you make section in EOF or did you let custom tool 

do it ?

when i tab a song i make section in EOF for matching parts solo and so

then i load custom tool and use DDC to make levels  

i set it from 2 to 4 then click ok 

if that does help let me know and i will look at it again 

Later 

Rick

I Let the toolkit do it, so that's what causes this, I am gonna have to find a tutorial on this and figure it out.

Thanks for your help and responding.

William 

A51Ripcord

William

when you make the tab i EOF make section and phase 

find section that are the same or close call then verse chorus bridge 

or what ever

shift s will get you section and shift p will get you phase 

in shift s you have to checked bottom box and in shift p you need the to top ones to be checked so two boxes will be checked here

so for guitar on phase i name it gvers1  guitar2 i use g2vers1  bass bvers1 

then the next same note i use the same name

so if i play that part it will level all the other parts with that name will level up at the same time

if that does not help let me know and i will look for link to where i learned that from

Later 

Rick

• Like 2

Hi all 

New Bass tab

Thanks All

Rick

Testing Rock and Roll Band Bass Shortly, Will report back

Hi all 

New Bass tab

Thanks All

Rick

Testing Rock and Roll Band Bass Shortly, Will report back

Bass was great and fun to play, It challenged my skills on bass. Great song. Song volume was good, bass volume was good too, in my opinion. Sync good, Notes good.

William 

• Like 1

@@Crossbolt242

Hi, Rick

Yeah that Witchy Woman tune is a beast, I have been trying to combine the 5 Guitar tracks into 2 and one of the guitar tracks is in a different tuning, Halloween is over, so I guess no song pack this year. Still haven't posted Jet Air Liner. I had so much to do over the Halloween weekend, I was dog-tired by the time I had some free time to work on and play some customs. Thanks, for checking it out will try to get a decent version of it completed.

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, William

Thanks, for checking out Witchy Woman also. Will try to get to the latest tunes this evening

Stone Sour - Wicked Game

Steve-Vai_Christmas-Time-Is-Here

Let me know if I missed a custom that should be on the list.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@Crossbolt242

Hi, Rick

Yeah that Witchy Woman tune is a beast, I have been trying to combine the 5 Guitar tracks into 2 and one of the guitar tracks is in a different tuning

Later, Terry

Pain in the Ass huh? I have done that on all 3 customs so far. EOF consistently screws up the notes.  

Hi, William

Played the Lead and Rhythm Paths on the Stone Sour - Wicked Game Tune. The Guitar tones seems to fit well on the custom. Lead path looked and sounded great to me, but on the Rhythm path I noticed when it shifts to the B5 Power chord (2nd and 4th frets) the first chord in the group does not have the notes marked just a blank strum line. I just may have missed seeing it hidden behind a group of other chords. I didn't notice it on the Lead path. 

@

Hi, LaceyB

Played the Lead Path on the Steve-Vai_Christmas-Time-Is-Here.  I recognized the tune right away from the old Charlie Brown Christmas Special, Of course I couldn't keep up with Steve Vai, all over the fret board, did see the unmarked notes like Rick said. Your a brave soul taking on that tune, most likely a real challenge to chart any Steve Vai tune.

Hi, Rick

The Boston - Rock and Roll Band Tune is excellent with a little practice on the single note riff between the double stop chords, most anybody could master this custom for sure. Guitar Tones and sync and volume levels all sound good to me on my RockSmith set up.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Hi, Guys

After seeing the quality of everyone else's Customs I decided to rework The Steve Miller Band - Jet Airliner V4.0 L, R, B and V. If any one wants to give it a try. Now the tuning has changed to 1/2 step up to F Tuning - F-A♯-D♯-G♯-C-F - and capo on 2nd fret. It sounds a lot better but still kind of difficult to play. I also completely re-charted the Lead and Rhythm path's. I am about half way through ZZ Top's - Just Got Paid and Hearts's - Magic Man.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

After seeing the quality of everyone else's Customs I decided to rework The Steve Miller Band - Jet Airliner V4.0 L, R, B and V. If any one wants to give it a try. Now the tuning has changed to 1/2 step up to F Tuning - F-A♯-D♯-G♯-C-F - and capo on 2nd fret. It sounds a lot better but still kind of difficult to play. I also completely re-charted the Lead and Rhythm path's. I am about half way through ZZ Top's - Just Got Paid and Hearts's - Magic Man.

Later, Terry

Why not just standard tuning and capo on the first fret? Or is there some Vodoo magic happening that drastically alters the sound when tuning up? :lol:

Seems inconvenient, to say the least.