Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 72

I can confirm that running Hotel California through DD Remover fixes the Mastery weirdness:

2015-03-08_083435.jpg

The 100% on top is from Rocksmith's records from the default/bugged version of the song (not through DD Remover).  It would also be possible to fix that by changing the song ID in the toolkit.  At that point, it would act like a completely new song, we'd have to play it again, but the Mastery issue would be fixed.

Couple more things to note:

I *think* that putting the song through DDR added a few more notes / measures to the end of the song.  The bass plays through the song fading out, and on my setup the chart and my bass audio remained for a measure or two after the song volume faded down to being pretty much inaudible.  I don't remember it acting that way in the default version of the custom, but maybe I'm just brain farting.  BUT, that could also possibly explain the Mastery weirdness.

I can't speak to the difficulty/fun of the song on guitar, but I think it is fun and challenging on bass.  Good fit for advanced, in my opinion (personally I'd rate the song as a 7 on diff).  LOT of shifting, played on all strings with a good bit of string skipping, but the frethand stays in a powerchord root/fifth/octave shape pretty much throughout, which is a very good thing to develop for a bass player.  Whole lotta basslines can be played by shifting around to various roots/fifths/octaves.

@@Mortalo - Personally, I think that scores on the default/original version of the custom (linked in the first page) are valid in terms of accuracy, and can be "counted" in terms of the Championship.  BUT, it would probably be a good idea to post a "preferred version" link like you sometimes do to one that has been run through DD Remover or DD Creator.  I can whip those up in a second and host IF you agree and would like me to.

• Like 3

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

On bass for Hotel California, I've managed to reduce the number of red Xs to one.  This one will take a lot of work, but don't they all.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/711905526197722961/D60FA1724D7BB64DF061453E8139E6C08ED8A3DE/

• Like 5

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Tried all the songs on bass:

Beginner: In My Head
(screenshot missed, doesn't matter)

Easiest of the lot, but tough for the class.  I'd give it a 4 or so.

Intermediate:  Crackerman

2015-03-08_135456.jpg

I had this song before, with 1 playthrough already.  This was first for Championship.  Sort of tricky to get the hang of, but once you do it isn't too hard.  First playthrough is likely to be rough for actual Int participants, but hang in there and you'll get it.  I'd give it a mid-to-high difficulty for int, 5-6 or so.

Advanced:  Hotel California

(screen'd already)

Like I said before, a lot of shifting and notes on all strings with some string skipping.  But, predictable pattern of roots/fifths/octaves so a little practice should overcome first-play high learning curve.  So, I'd go for 7-7.5.

MC:  Party at Ground Zero

2015-03-08_140216.jpg

There ... I "played" it.  I got about halfway through and couldn't take it anymore, so I muted my sound and let it play out.  Fingernails on the chalkboard to me, man.

...Guess I'll see what I can do with Hotel California this week.  :)

• Like 4

Milkman Dan

@@Mortalo - Personally, I think that scores on the default/original version of the custom (linked in the first page) are valid in terms of accuracy, and can be "counted" in terms of the Championship.  BUT, it would probably be a good idea to post a "preferred version" link like you sometimes do to one that has been run through DD Remover or DD Creator.  I can whip those up in a second and host IF you agree and would like me to.

That would be nice of you :)

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Well, I felt that if you're in MC rhythm you probably have capo. You can try to play with your 1st finger as capo. It'll be tougher, but not impossible (at least in majority).

I would not allow capo for Beginners.

A rubber band and a pencil works in a pinch...

Edit

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE TO SELF:

Read the rest of the forum BEFORE hitting the REPLY button!

• Like 4

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Seems like quite a good week for me to start the awards ;)

Stone temple pilots .... White piece of paper for me... Lets c, i hope i'll find time to start this afternoon....

Hotel California.... Perfect example why the CS is really great for getting better... This was one of the songs i wanted to learn back in the days 15 Years ago - had no chance - lost motivation... Cannot happen here in the fitting class!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Non-critical, fixed Mastery bug versions of Hotel California are done:

DD Version:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2zn16tt1XjNb09rc2JlQnBEM3c/view?usp=sharing

No DD Version:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2zn16tt1XjNc01wQW1ROVE4Wjg/view?usp=sharing

I have tested both (on bass at least), both working correctly and fix the Mastery display bug.  They can live in your DLC folder with the original version of the custom, and you can tell them apart by the song title which includes "(Championship DD)" or "(Championship NDD)" on the end of it.  However, you should choose only one variant (DD or No DD) because I didn't update the song ID twice, so they will collide and Rocksmith will only list one of the two if you put them both in the DLC folder.

• Like 5

Milkman Dan

well  greetings again everyone,  looks like the thing that came from 1985 o.o is giving me some problems. I might give it a few more tries but  man  1985 was just a bad year.

http://i.imgur.com/nTRjiQj.jpg

Hotel cali   is pretty interesting bass line wise   first go every was 71 %  then moved up to this 

http://i.imgur.com/gdpF8Va.jpgI will be working on this one some more  maybe ill  go get some normal guitar scores this week as well.

• Like 6

first tries...

http://i58.tinypic.com/29m3mrn.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/2aafx2v.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/2d78w7d.jpg

Those pilots are bit o cramptriggerin ;)

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

First two times i played this song i hated it.  Third time was better, i wonder if ill grow to like it by the end of the week.......

Either way i made some progress.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Party%20at%20Ground%20Zero%209032_zpskjy6muzl.jpg

• Like 3

Uhhh.... quite some work left on the bass

http://i61.tinypic.com/30bibl0.jpg

seems like after last weeks 2 wins and a 2nd place, no places this week, still great tracks for practice!!

• Like 3

Since there is no Adv rhythm this week i guess ill have to play mc.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Hotel%20California%2083%20Rhythm_zps98bnkvny.jpg

Those arpeggios sounds so wonderful when i play them. :lol: :lol:

• Like 4