Bass
Beginner: @@KJParsley
Intermediate: @@genobadass
Advanced: @@Rodman
Masterclass: @@Neilpeart2112

Congrats to all the winners. And weekly 100% cover-up:

- on Lead Beginner - @, @@Joey and @@Neilpeart2112

- on Rhythm Beginner - @@Joey and @@Neilpeart2112

- on Bass Beginner - @@Blazikiller, @@genobadass, @@KJParsley, @@MilkmanDan, @@missis sumner, @Mortalo and @@NoonyDeloony

- on Bass Intermediate - @@Blazikiller, @@genobadass, @@MilkmanDan, @@missis sumner, @Mortalo, @@Rodman and @@thecatinthehat

Back to video frenzy with

by @@lordlk and @@Gamut with

The songs for this week are:

Beginner:    Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping Up To Boston (Chosen by @@Nacholede )

Intermediate: Muse - Bliss (Chosen by @@Shiroo )

former Intermediate: Rage Against The Machine - Killing in The Name of (became an official cdlc during the week) (Chosen by @@MilkmanDan )

Advanced: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin (Chosen by @@then3verend )

Masterclass: Buckethead - Soothsayer  (Chosen by @@Gamut )

Rhythm Path:

Beginner:   N/A
Intermediate: Buckethead - Soothsayer
Advanced:  Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping Up To Boston
Masterclass: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin

Bass Path:

Beginner: Buckethead - Soothsayer
Intermediate: Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin
Advanced: Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping Up To Boston
Masterclass: Muse - Bliss

former Masterclass: Rage Against The Machine - Killing in The Name of (became an official cdlc during the week)

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Honorable list Diehard men, playing in their class 5 weeks in row without pass (they have little more preference when choosing a song from song selection list for next week):

P.s. Please, see changes in Championship Class Lists!

Have fun!

• Like 3

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Sorry other MC Bassists~

http://i.imgur.com/sqn8GD9.png

Idk if  it's different for others, but I give the chart about a 7. It's not to hard to learn and pretty repetitive with some fills, and some things in the chart are not "wrong", but they're played a bit differently, such as uhh it's hard to explain. Theres a couple times when you're in the main hook near the end such as when Rocha is yelling "F**k you I won't do what you tell me" where the bass riff just changes up a bit by playing E, F, G on the D string, rather than the F, G, and C on the low D and A. Still a good chart, but that could spike the difficulty a bit by changing the repetitiveness. And always a fun song to play regardless. Definitely will be trying the guitar arrangements for it sometime this week.

• Like 8

Not only do I get a song I picked, but my favourite RATM tune! I haven't had the custom for Killing in the Name Of very long, but I learned this song on my own forever ago before I knew customs even existed. Maybe I'll tidy up a bit and give video another go!

Alright Steve Vai week is over, we can relax, right? Nope. :lol:  I can't wait to suck at Buckethead, too! 

• Like 3

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

Looks like you've got the bass songs in the right order.  I've just got 97% on Buckethead, 96% on Warrant, 93% on Dropkick Murphys and 91% on RATM. :)

I won't post up the sceenshots yet, as I'm probably going to practice a little bit more.  

• Like 3

Current difficulty ratings are like this:
Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping Up To Boston: Lead 3, Rhythm 7, Bass 6
Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name Of: Lead 5, Rhythm N/A, Bass 7
Warrant - Uncle Tom's Cabin: Lead 7, Rhythm 9, Bass 5
Buckethead - Soothsayer: Lead 10, Rhythm 5, Bass 4

@@Blazikiller I fully agree with 7 for RAtM bass, still it makes it the most difficult bass :P

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
  • Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Here's some first runs! Well, actually, only the Warrant song is a real first run... the other two I've had experience with.

http://i.imgur.com/chi5epE.jpg

As mentioned, I already learned the hell out of this tune 1-2 years ago, so this score came easy. I might even be able to 100% it!

http://i.imgur.com/zMoiLbn.jpg

Buckethead!! I'm so far from doing this song perfectly, but this was score still +14% from the last time I played it. Surprisingly, I can actually nail a few of the most insane sounding parts of the solos in this. Maybe I'll actually break 80 on MC this week?!

http://i.imgur.com/Q2otnuA.jpg

And lastly, Warrant, a band I only know for Cherry Pie in GH2, with a song that's not Cherry Pie I've never heard before. It's alright, I suppose! I think my next run will be way better now that I know what to expect.

• Like 3

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@Blazikiller You did that in Master Mode :o Bravo!

WHAT????

Omg, you did!

Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Killing is a fooken awesome song! I tried to learn this not long after picking up guitar but got frustrated and let it slide for while. Now i can make it sound half decent.

The hardest part of making this sound right is getting the 'chuckkas' right. Registering the notes in RS is one thing, making it sound right through an amp is a lot harder.

Anyhow, my first score after a bit of RR and a couple of slow playthroughs.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/o1vhy7rq2ex1bss/2014-12-07_00001.jpg?dl=0

• Like 1

Ok, let's start this! I've played almost everything this week Because I really liked the songs, I've tried Soothsayer so many times before and can't get past the 80,5%. so here we go:

Beginner - Lead 97,05%

Beginner - Bass 98,95%

Intermediate - Lead 95,61%

Advanced - Lead 90,84%

Advanced - Rhytm 95,2%

Advanced - Bass 100%

Masterclass - Lead 80,5%

Masterclass - Rythm 87,0%

Masterclass - Bass 99,57%

I could give some more tries to Warrant and Dropkick Murphys's Rythms.
I should be able to master the bass on RATM but I can't really get any higher than that on Soothsayer's lead :)

• Like 4

Alright, here's my first scores for this week

Advanced Lead: 83% Accuracy, 44 Streak
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/26224100552301200/532DAA8DC42960E1C17A8EB24D964A6B6EA5D92B/

Masterclass Bass: 95% Accuracy , 294 Streak
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/26224100552302407/0EFCDBD2EEAE70A425615135BB00F15439B0F873/

Overall, looks like a nice week coming up. Warrant is kinda tough to me, but fun to play. RATM on bass is pretty easy for a masterclass IMO, I only had some recognition issues with my bass. Gonna try to improve the scores before weekend, but work may hold me back :/.

• Like 1

Beginner Bass - 99.17%, 313 streak

Nice song. 100% is possible, but most likely I will try it on rhythm more.

Intermediate Bass - 98.19%, 121 streak

MasterClass Bass - 96%, 235 streak

To be honest, I don't like rap, neither hip-hop nor this rapcore thingy, but you can't say bad word about Tom Morello. The guy is good with what his doing and that makes RATM not bad all. It brings back memories of Tony Hawk Pro Skater.

• Like 2

@@w4rl3x How do you feel about Dropkick's rhythm. Is it good for Advanced, or too easy?

Or maybe you want to play only with cool kids from MC Rhythm? :(

• Like 1

@@Mortalo there was nothing hard about it was basicaly just 2 scale runs repeating over and over again and both look the same the only difference is that one is an octave higher. But maybe i think so because back in the day i was doing lots of scales runs (my guitar teacher annoyed me a lot with these :) ). It was a fun song anyway, the only thing i didn't like was the chorus section, not many notes but a very strange rythm wich was hard to get but maybe thats because of the quality of the CDLC. But in the end i think it was a fine song for Advanced level the reason i nailed it perfectly i think was because i know some lead too.

Glad to see people are enjoying my selection of Killing in the Name Of on both guitar and bass -- I think it is a good song to listen to and even more fun to play.  And I'm in awe of your skills @@Blazikiller -- big salute for 100% on MasterMode!!!

Didn't end up getting much time to play last week, and I've been sick the past couple days but I will definitely put in some more time this week.  I don't think I've got a 100% in me (definitely not in MM) but I'm hoping I can improve on my personal best of 99.5ish on my old profile.

Here's my first time on the song since it being selected:

2014-12-07_171010.jpg

Detection wasn't great, I think I should have had a bit over 99% but my bass always takes some time to settle down after tuning out of E Standard.  Also, I've noticed that in anything Drop D or lower tuned, I get issues with notes being well sharp (up to 20-25 cents or so) at the moment of attack for a quarter second or so and then leveling out to in tune.  If I tune the string to that quarter second of sharp, I get better detection for most short duration notes (but still not perfectly reliable because the amount the note is sharp is pretty dependent on how hard I pick / finger the note) but sustains go flat.  If I tune so that the sustained pitch is on target, detection on quarter and eighth notes is quite bad.

Anyone know if that is a fixable hardware problem, or if I need heavier gauge strings or something?  It definitely gets more solid if I tune down and then let the bass sit for a few hours and tweak/try again, but the issue persists somewhat even after that especially in Drop tunings.  Eb Standard seems to be immune, and D Standard isn't as susceptible as Drop D or Drop C.  Pretty weird.

--EDIT--

Oh, my thoughts on difficulty: I think 7-8 is a good difficulty rating for Killing in the Name Of, for the bass part.  Too easy to be a true MC with 9-10 difficulty, but average or slightly harder than average Advanced difficulty, so I think I'd personally lean towards 8.  If more people think it is 7 (or lower), I think that works too.

Not sure I'll get healthy enough and time enough to try all the other songs this week, and definitely going to concentrate on this one.

• Like 1

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

Hmm.  Largely solved my detection and sharp attack issue by playing on my 5-string instead of my 4.  I'm a bit butterfingers with the different string spacing, but I'll "glass half full" that and say this provides good motivation to overcome that...

Anyway, I can't blame detection on any of the misses here:

2014-12-07_220853.jpg

May be my personal best, I can't remember exactly what I had on my old profile.  But I think I can take it a bit further!

• Like 5

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/ImShippinguptobostonRHYTHM77_zpse52f4cae.jpg

It is a bit to fast for me.  Hopefully it gets easier when i get some muscle memory. But i liked to play it and i like the song.  So im going to try.

Also. I need to change guitar for this one. My SG is a lot easier to play on the higher frets than my crapocaster.