Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

Our July donation goal is up! Thank you for all who contributed for June. click here to donate. Any Amount helps!

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 8 (June)

Photo

Latest EOF releases (6-12-2019)

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
2565 replies to this topic

Offline   Netrngr

Netrngr

Hardcore Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • 1 thanks

Donator

Thanks for all your hard work on this. I have a request if possible. I'm an old dude and things ain't what they used to be. Any way we may be able to get the ability to adjust the resolution of the screen? If there is a way how in the blazes do you do it cause i'm going blind working on charts. You may have, and probably have, answered this before but I cant find it.

Thanks,

NetRngr 

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts
  • 762 thanks
You can use the "File>Display>x2 zoom" feature if you don't mind the main menu displaying kind of glitchy until the menu is opened. Otherwise you'd need to lower the resolution in the operating system itself, which has the effect of making everything appear larger inside EOF and outside.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   Fedro

Fedro

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • 1 thanks
Hello everyone.
Why not make it possible to enlarge the screen automatically with a button to click like any software for Windows?
I guess this is due to the programming complexity.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,865 posts
  • 762 thanks
The graphics library EOF is using doesn't seem to offer a simple, multi-platform way of using the maximize window control. I could add a different button to click on but that would be counter-intuitive. It also doesn't make the content larger as was requested, it just makes the program window larger.

Offline   Fedro

Fedro

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • 1 thanks
No problem.
E.O.F remains a great program. Thank you.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,865 posts
  • 762 thanks
Hi, folks. The latest hotfix (6-12-2019) is in the first post. Changes are as follows:
*Removed the creation of the ghwt_drum.array.txt file written during save (if. GH file export is enabled) and instead updated EOF to write a proper array.txt file that should have correct expert drum note data that can be used with QueenBee.
*Fixed a crash that would occur during MIDI import if the chart being imported had more than 1000 slider phrases.
*Improved the detection of open strum text events in Feedback import.
*Corrected the application of HOPO status to chords during Feedback import so that even if a toggle HOPO or slider marker is defined in between the chord's gems, those gems are recognized to be a chord.
*Corrected Feedback import to ensure notes that start at the end of a star power phrase do not have star power applied to them, regardless of whether the phrase ends on a beat marker.
*Corrected Feedback import to not apply disjointed status to a chord when it has a slider marker with a different length than the chord.
*Fixed a bug with MIDI import where section names for slider markers (which are not currently used) weren't made into empty strings and could save to project or track clone to clipboard with junk data.
*Updated the piano roll comparison function to also compare notes' accent statuses.
*Added a "File>Import>Queen Bee" function that imports an array.txt formatted file, as is how Queen Bee exports the raw notes for a track difficulty (ie. SONGNAME_song_Expert) or the beat positions (SONGNAME_fretbars section).
*Made the tempo map validation logic less susceptible to number rounding errors, which can be introduced by very specific tempo maps and even compiler optimizations.
*Updated the save logic to not write a WAV format copy of the chart audio (used for Rocksmith authoring) if there are no pro guitar notes or tech notes.
*Updated Guitar Hero and Queen Bee imports to detect GH3/GHA note format, which defines each note with 12 bytes instead of 8 bytes as with newer formats, allowing earlier GH charts to be imported properly. Since this GH format uses a distance threshold to determine HOPO status, EOF will ask you to choose whether to use 66/192 or 100/192 as the HOPO threshold, since it can supposedly vary from chart to chart even within the same game.
*Updated the leading silence failure message to suggest using the re-encode option if the stream copy option was being attempted when the process failed.
*Improved the GH import logic to offer to import the aux guitar notes into PART BASS if the rhythm track is populated but the bass track is empty.
*Improved QB format Guitar Hero import to handle star battle mode phrases. If a track has both normal and battle SP phrases, EOF will prompt which of the two types to import or both. Any track that has only one kind of SP phrase will have those phrases imported regardless of the prompt.
*Improved GH import to shorten SP phrases as needed to ensure they don't include notes that start at the end position of an SP phrase, as it is done in Guitar Hero.
*Added the ability to display a background.pcx image from EOF's "resources" folder in place of the normal solid gray coloring.
*Renamed the "Save FoF/Phase Shift files" export preference to "Save FoF/CH/Phase Shift files" to reflect that this saves appropriate files for Clone Hero as well.
*Updated 3D render logic so that its optimization logic (to stop drawing notes that would all be off-screen) doesn't prevent crazy notes' tails from rendering appropriately when the seek position is past a note but the prior note extends beyond it.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Offline   epiSG84

epiSG84

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks

Donator

I'm new to use EOF.

I'm having problems with changing the BPM of the song. It won't allow me to change it from the default 120.

The cursor shows in the window, but I try backspace and deleting the number but it's like the program is not responding to my keyboard.

I can't use the shortcut keys either. (I'm using a laptop.)

I've have the most recent hotfix installed.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,865 posts
  • 762 thanks
Do ANY other input fields in other dialogs (ie. Song>Properties) accept input? Does keyboard input work outside of the menus (ie. left and right arrow keys to seek)? There may be something unusual about the laptop, but if you had a cheap USB keyboard around you could give that a try.

Offline   epiSG84

epiSG84

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks

Donator

Do ANY other input fields in other dialogs (ie. Song>Properties) accept input? Does keyboard input work outside of the menus (ie. left and right arrow keys to seek)? There may be something unusual about the laptop, but if you had a cheap USB keyboard around you could give that a try.

No other input fields accept input and keyboard input outside of menus also does not work.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,865 posts
  • 762 thanks
Then there's something exotic about your keyboard or the software that it runs with, just how high polling resolution mice don't work well in programs that use Allegro (a game development library EOF uses).

When you press keys, do you see any activity on the line int he Information Panel that says:
CTRL: ALT: SHIFT: CODE: ASCII:

If you try a cheap USB keyboard, let me know if it works differently. Otherwise there's probably not much else I can suggest.

Offline   epiSG84

epiSG84

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks

Donator

Then there's something exotic about your keyboard or the software that it runs with, just how high polling resolution mice don't work well in programs that use Allegro (a game development library EOF uses).

When you press keys, do you see any activity on the line int he Information Panel that says:
CTRL: ALT: SHIFT: CODE: ASCII:

If you try a cheap USB keyboard, let me know if it works differently. Otherwise there's probably not much else I can suggest.

There is no activity in the information panel.

I'll see if I can find another keyboard and let you know.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,865 posts
  • 762 thanks
What version of Windows are you using? What model of laptop is this? Did any previous build of EOF work normally on this laptop?

Offline   epiSG84

epiSG84

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks

Donator

What version of Windows are you using? What model of laptop is this? Did any previous build of EOF work normally on this laptop?Windowws

Windows 7, Alienware M15X. I haven't tried any old versions of EOF; where would I be able to find them?

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,865 posts
  • 762 thanks
Here's the 2-20-2019 hotfix:
http://ignition.cust...of/download/306

Here's the 5-2-2019 hotfix:
http://ignition.cust...of/download/327

Offline   theSG

theSG

Hardcore Guitarist

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • 15 thanks
  • SG

Steam Profile

Performance is bad in 6-12-2019, especially if you have ~3k notes on track. Scrolling back and forward my framerate goes from 100 in the beginning  to 30 at five minutes into the song. Even after changing eof window size to 640x480 still only 40 fps.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,865 posts
  • 762 thanks
I had found a cause for that and fixed it. It was because of the 3D rendering logic I'd added to allow the tail from an off-screen crazy note to display even if the seek position is after the note it precedes and overlaps, which is kind of a niche issue for the performance hit it causes. I could probably make it work much faster, but it would convolute the 3D drawing code.

Offline   epiSG84

epiSG84

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks

Donator

Here's the 2-20-2019 hotfix:
http://ignition.cust...of/download/306

Here's the 5-2-2019 hotfix:
http://ignition.cust...of/download/327

Tried a USB keyboard, no success.

Installed and tried the previous program versions, no success. It doesn't even work on the base version of the program without the hotfixes installed.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,865 posts
  • 762 thanks
Assuming mouse input is working, are you able to open/import a chart via the File menu? If so, does keyboard input at least work in the Windows file browser dialog that comes up to select a file for import?

Edit: I wonder, if you bring up the on screen Windows keyboard, does manipulating that virtual keyboard with the mouse while EOF is the foreground problem seem to send keyboard input to EOF?

Edit 2: Here is a keyboard testing program that comes with the Allegro 4 source code. Please give this a try and let me know whether it reports keyboard input:
https://www.mediafir...exkeys.zip/file

Offline   epiSG84

epiSG84

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks

Donator

Assuming mouse input is working, are you able to open/import a chart via the File menu? If so, does keyboard input at least work in the Windows file browser dialog that comes up to select a file for import?

Edit: I wonder, if you bring up the on screen Windows keyboard, does manipulating that virtual keyboard with the mouse while EOF is the foreground problem seem to send keyboard input to EOF?

Edit 2: Here is a keyboard testing program that comes with the Allegro 4 source code. Please give this a try and let me know whether it reports keyboard input:
https://www.mediafir...exkeys.zip/file

I had deleted the program from my computer, and went to redownload it today to try your suggestions. I opened it up and the key functions worked.

It seems to have worked itself out. 

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• 2,865 posts
  • 762 thanks
My guess is OS or antivirus interference (ie. sandboxing or having broken/deleted/blocked a needed file).