Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 544

16 hours ago, Rodman said:

Mastery playing there, @RaZ!!! I bow my head to that confidence hitting that fast notes on the solo - bravo!
What a guitar also! I am generally not a 100% of bindings, but that white binding to contrast the dark part of the suburst, just 10/10 great. Love that guitar! Keep doing those, man! Its so motivational to see you fly through a song thats on the CS. I really hope i find to do some covering also again soon.

Rock!! But i know you do....

Rod.

hey rodman thank you so much dude... i love playing that guitar looks plus playability is on point!  

• Like 1

Advice for Strumming practice (away from RS) @ lowender

Pick a nice sounding full chord get a metronome . Practice down strokes, practice up strokes, practice Alternate up and down  strokes.

Start with quarter notes and go through all sub-divisions 

Then mix the sub-divisions up. 

Work on syncopation  hitting that 1 downbeat harder (really helps) and then change the beat that gets the harder stroke (up or down) 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Daz40 said:

Pick a nice sounding full chord get a metronome . Practice down strokes, practice up strokes, practice Alternate up and down  strokes.

Start with quarter notes and go through all sub-divisions 

I'm still somewhat of a novice but what I'd like to add is that always moving the strumming up and down even when there are no actual strums and also counting out loud 1&2&3&4 or 1e&a2e&a3e&a4 will do wonders to the time feel and picking up new patterns more easily.

Of course, starting slow at something like 60 BPM or even lower is always the way to go

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, lowender said:

Thankyou for your help @ Daz40  and @ BubbleWrapDragon  I definitely need to practice more outside of rocksmith!

When I started playing bass I picked it up really quickly and playing it felt like second nature, but I'm struggling with guitar and I feel so awkward when I play.

34 years in and I still struggle with Guitar . But found Bass really easier to get into In the last year..

• Like 3

Bass

20240323205609-1.jpg

20240216233545-1.jpg

20240323234147-1.jpg

Really fun chart, like it!

20240328221650-1.jpg

My fingers are not ready for GoB yet, but I'm still waiting for GoB score from @ cacahuate51  who suggested it for the championship and rated only 8, so it doesn't have to be very difficult for you 😆

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Guitar improvements

I tried again but I wasn't able to make it better. Yes, 6 is the right diff rating. 

20240323195511-1.jpg

What's not good about this is that the score is determined by the part with the quick chord jumps between the 10th and 13th frets. Up to this point I'm playing with over 95% accuracy and this part is ruining my score... I can't even improve my first score from testing 🙁

20240329201358-1.jpg

Slight improvement, I need to practice these chord licks.

20240329192053-1.jpg

• Like 5

On 3/26/2024 at 12:20 AM, Mikson said:

@ avastreg  Do you mean volume of the tones? Tones are definitely ok because I spent some time on them and used the right tones for the different parts - acoustic for the verse and chorus, reverb with overdrive for the riff and wah for the solo. It sounds very good to me. Only the acoustic can be too quiet, I usually have a problem with this in RS, because when the acoustic tone is too loud it sounds worse, so I try to balance it.

sorry for the late reply, but yes I meant the volume of the acoustic, so you're already answered. Tones for lead / solo are pretty good! You are definitely an expert in creating CDLCs

just a little upgrade, but I'm bad on the solo sightreading
?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I've also tried (but not finished) Convergence (Rhythm). That's a neat and tight song, I dig into the riffs. Good pick @ Bottledpat12 ! I will use that as a workout and in the meantime enjoy the musicality of it!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, avastreg said:

sorry for the late reply, but yes I meant the volume of the acoustic, so you're already answered. Tones for lead / solo are pretty good! You are definitely an expert in creating CDLCs

Yes, in the rhythm path the acoustic tone was even less clear because I used a different tone than in the lead. Previously it didn't bother me much, but now I use different headphones where I can barely hear the tone, so I made version 1.1 where I set the same tone for lead and rhythm and turned up the volume a bit. Available for download in the same folder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1