Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 520

nlbsmglsk

28 minutes ago, lowender said:

I've hurt my hand today so I can't play for a couple of days , but on the upside it's given me time to look for beginner lead and rhythm songs to put on the song selection list! @ Mikson  or @ Rodman  i'm not very good at giving songs a difficulty number, can I just put beginner in the comments and the mods put a difficulty rating on the song?

No problem, the songs are tested anyway before being selected by the host for the week. However, it is best to enter an approximate rating, e.g. 3, because it will make sorting the list easier.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lowender said:

I've hurt my hand today so I can't play for a couple of days , but on the upside it's given me time to look for beginner lead and rhythm songs to put on the song selection list! @ Mikson  or @ Rodman  i'm not very good at giving songs a difficulty number, can I just put beginner in the comments and the mods put a difficulty rating on the song?

4 hours ago, Mikson said:

No problem, the songs are tested anyway before being selected by the host for the week. However, it is best to enter an approximate rating, e.g. 3, because it will make sorting the list easier.

I'm gonna chime in here, even if I wasn't asked.

1. While submitting with no rating is allowed, IMO any rating is better than no rating.
2. The way I do the selection is I roll the full tracklist first (usually with rng) . Then I test all the paths to see if the original ratings were ok (and that the song is playable). If I find that I disagree with the ratings I try to move stuff around to make it fit, and if that's impossible then I re-roll the least fitting song (not always the one which was rated wrong), looking at original ratings again. It's a very rare situation that I'd use a song with no number next to it.
3. If you know that a song is beginner level just rate it 2 or 3, it doesn't really make a difference. It's gonna get tested either way.
4. Diff rating is kinda a skill. No one is expecting perfection on the first try.
5. Diff rating is kinda a skill. The more you do it, the better you become at it. So just give it a shot.
6. There are no consequences if you get something wrong.

PS. The current mc song was originally submitted by me (some time ago) and I still changed the ratings when creating the week. It'll always be a approximation, there's no ideal rating for a song.

• Like 4

On 10/7/2023 at 7:03 PM, nlbsmglsk said:

Sorry, nothing special for week 520, but when you think about it, it'll only be full 520 weeks once this one ends. So don't loose hope. Also, the year is a bit longer than 52 weeks...
Other notes:
1. No rng this time to save some time.
2. 2 da capo songs from previous weeks - the selection list is seriously lacking in beginner song. If you know an easy and fun to play song please submit.
3. All diff ratings done by me, even on the reused tracks - I didn't like the original ones. Feel free to voice your opinion if you disagree with them.
4. Apologies to all bass players - I know there's 3 songs with very similar difficulty level. I was too tired redo the whole tracklist, and since it 'technically fits', here we are. In compensation I vow that the next time I'll do the selection starting on the bass path, so for once the lead players will get the shorter stick.

EDIT: Almost forgot, @ direct3r you have no class assigned in lead and rhythm, where do you wanna be?  int?

Even if we didn't need them, I spent the night staying up late testing some CDLC out and suggesting songs. Wow that takes forever and not much to show for it. Respect to those who test songs! I was just going through my spotify to see if anyone made CDLC for things I listen to, but apparently my taste is...eclectic.

• Like 3

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

46466389ow.jpg

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

thats a real hard one

46466397vg.jpg

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

2 hours ago, someotherbruce said:

aNDESmASAMUNE  Intermediate Lead on : Biffy Clyro - In the Name of the Wee Man was missed for the weekly championship spreadsheet.  The score is on page 2.  aNDESmASAMUNE  got a 97 (to my 95, darn it)

Added

I think sometimes It misses when Screenshots are joined??

• Like 2