Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 516

jellisjenius

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 516 =-

=> How and Why join the Championships?
=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Previous' week Winners are:

Lead:
- Beginner: @Argh1992 (97.84)
- Intermediate: @Daz40 (97)
- Advanced: @hellothere1 (95)
- Masterclass: @Bottledpat12 (99.12)
- God of Guitar: Leader after week 2 is @Bottledpat12 (97), 2 weeks left... KEEP ROCKING!!!

Rhythm:
- Beginner: @lowender (99.66)
- Intermediate: @Daz40 (97)
- Advanced: @kayteck (95.67)
- Masterclass: @ nlbsmglsk  (99.83)
- God of Rhythm: Leader after week 2 is @Razrshred (97.11), 2 weeks left... KEEP ROCKING!!!

Bass:
- Beginner: LOST TROPHY
- Intermediate: @someotherbruce (98.54)
- Advanced: @direct3r (99.56)
- Masterclass: @Razrshred (100)
- God of Bass: Leader after week 2 is @direct3r (98.94), 2 weeks left... KEEP ROCKING!!!

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

More great news. There are players to be promoted to higher rank this week.

- @direct3r is promoted to Masterclass class in Bass path.

Congratulations and good luck with new challenges!
In case the above players do not accept promotion, please advise accordingly in the post so we can revert back to previous Class.

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: Klaxons - Golden Skans (2) (E standard) selected by Mikson
Intermediate: Tame Impala - The Less I Know The Better (3.5) (E standard) selected by cacahuate51
Advanced: Blind Guardian - The Soulforged (7*) (E standard) selected by avastreg
Masterclass: Opeth - Next of Kin (7.5) (drop D) selected by jellisjenius
God of Guitar: Ghost - Impera (FULL ALBUM) (8) (D standard) selected by Zoutje [Week 3 of 4]

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: Klaxons - Golden Skans (2) (E standard) selected by Mikson
Intermediate: Blind Guardian - The Soulforged (5*) (E standard) selected by avastreg
Advanced: John Lennon - Woman (6) (E standard) selected by Daz40
Masterclass: Opeth - Next of Kin (7) (drop D) selected by jellisjenius
God of Rhythm: Ghost - Impera (FULL ALBUM) (7) (D standard) selected by Zoutje [Week 3 of 4]

Bass Path:
Beginner: Klaxons - Golden Skans (3.5^) (E standard) selected by Mikson
Intermediate: John Lennon - Woman (5.5^) (E standard) selected by Daz40
Intermediate Bonus: Blind Guardian - The Soulforged (6^) (E standard) selected by avastreg
Advanced: Tame Impala - The Less I Know The Better (7*) (E standard) selected by cacahuate51
Masterclass: Opeth - Next of Kin (8) (drop D) selected by jellisjenius
God of Bass: Ghost - Impera (FULL ALBUM) (7) (D standard) selected by Zoutje [Week 3 of 4]

Check current week Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here
NEW! - easly add songs even on your mobile!:
Add Song Suggestion

Song Suggestions List available to view here: Google Sheets Spreadsheet

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police: 2groggy
  • Thanks 5

9 hours ago, Bottledpat12 said:

the random invisible notes on this chart is really annoying 

That and the un-gridsnapped out of sync notes. You can really notice it during the low D notes on the outro.
vLfzXA1.png
The notes don't even start on the sections, it's like they tried to sync the notes instead of the beats or something.
SECzpwX.png
It's a right mess if you know what to look for in-game, but to most people it's passable so they never even notice.

Anyway enough ranting, score time.
iHkRqw2.png
SVE3AEB.png

• Like 5

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

WEEK 516!!! LETS ROCK!!!!! 🤟🎸🎶

Its an honour to join the WORLD WIDE CHAPIONSHIP!🌏🎶

Thanks @ jellisjenius for another epic week!

So here we go!

---

RW55pto.png

---

Well, I will be very honest... As a teenager I had a John Lennon best song's album... and this was a song I used to skip since I found it too cheesy. But that's only my personal taste! Dont get mad at me!!!

By the way... I need to tell you guys something... Did you guys know Yoko Ono made a "John Lennon Museum"???

It was located in Saitama, in the north of Tokyo. The place didn't have any relation to John and Yoko but they made it there just as an urban development of the city. I went there, maybe 20 years ago. For Beatles fans it was amazing. They had the very first guitar Lennon used. They had the uniform he is wearing in the Sargent Peppers Cover... And the museum was made by Yoko, so the Beatles part was kind of a dark tunnel 😅 And in the second part you enter to a big white hall dedicated to John and Yoko, with their albums music, and lots of personal memories, like Lennon notes learning japanese while travelling in Japan in summer vacation.  

Anyway... the museum doesnt exist anymore. I think it didn't last 10 years. I think they had to be pretty stupid in the promotion, because nobody knew about its existence in Japan or anywhere else in the world. 

sKaQnLh.png

---

Another very tough MC Bass challenge for this week!!! 💦

I hardly know Opeth, but what an epic song!!! I really liked all the harmonic changes. I think it is a well crafted song for people who actually listen to the music. By the way, I also like the "beer sipping break" at the middle of the song! 😆

73VNZl2.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mikson said:

I went through the previous week's scores OCR recognition and manually added about 10 missing scores! So there were a lot of them.
@ jellisjenius  - masterclass rhythm winner needs improvement, the rest of the added scores had no impact on winning the classes.

I updated the OP to reflect @ nlbsmglsk  as the winner of MC Rhythm. This kind of issue is why I don't think I'll be able to keep doing week selection/organization over the next few months. I personally spent time manually entering scores that were missed by the OCR and then it seems I missed others. IMO there is no point to using OCR if it doesn't catch everything. Anyway, thanks for letting me know about the missing scores.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coldrampage said:

That and the un-gridsnapped out of sync notes. You can really notice it during the low D notes on the outro.
vLfzXA1.png
The notes don't even start on the sections, it's like they tried to sync the notes instead of the beats or something.
SECzpwX.png
It's a right mess if you know what to look for in-game, but to most people it's passable so they never even notice.

Anyway enough ranting, score time.
iHkRqw2.png
SVE3AEB.png

there are a couple tabs that have that problem and i noticed it right away with this one 

• Like 4

Happy new week to everyone!🎉

Sadly for me, this is another week with a huge jump in difficulty between the intermediate and advanced categories😭 There's no way I can learn the advanced song in a week 😵

I might look into the Rhythm versions and try to learn one of those or just work on some other songs like last week 😅

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Argh1992 said:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Rubyrube/screenshot/2006971743778463038/

Ok um. Trying the link to screenshot. Coincidentally I have been trying to learn the tame impala song before this week, but I am not good enough to try for a score attack yet. 

Hey, to link a screenshot you first upload the image. Then, you need to find your picture on your profile, and you need to click on it. When you right click this picture you get the option to "Copy linkadress" (or something similar in english). This link is automatically embedded in this forum 🙂