Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 405

Rodman

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
On 7/29/2021 at 5:26 PM, diceslinger said:

That looks like some fine vacation playing!  Love the ambiance and the phone that clearly needed to show us the trees.  I notice you are playing the Dm chord at the 5th fret, I can't decide if that is easier than in the first position.  You certainly make it look easy.  You capture the laid-back rhythm of the song, love it!

Well.. as i cut it down to the bone and get the best sound on the intro/chorus section playin that as powerchords, basically even 2 string X5 chords - it´s so much more no-brainy to just go down and up. What a cool song to play.

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

On 7/30/2021 at 12:21 AM, Mikson said:

It's kinda sad that except me, only Diceslinger played this on Lead... Well, as part of a competition with myself, I tried a Score Attack.

20210729215346-1.jpg

And good attempt in Score Attack on Bass.

20210728210854-1.jpg

Ah so close platinum...

20210728210743-1.jpg

I surely will, m8 - back at my guitars now 🙂

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

oh i performed badly :D

41737805ip.jpg

will report on your file a lil later

• Like 3

heya

41738421kl.jpg

• Like 1

Boo - ya

41738567rv.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daz40 said:

How do you get that stats screen ?? I never connect to uplay so I guess its through that . @ diceslinger

I think you hit space bar at the main menu and the bottom option if I remember correctly is statistics or something.  It isn't through Uplay.  It tells you your most played artist and some fun things like that.

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

@ Rodman Rather than draw things out another week, here is my weeks worth of work on Layla.  I don't feel like I played it on this guitar enough, and it handles differently than my electric, so this is a good challenge for me.  I may try to stick to acoustic for a while and work on getting cleaner sounds.  I don't feel like the cell phone mic does justice to the sound of the guitar however.

• Like 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

@ diceslinger - @ Rodman - doing the acoustic version of Layla is so cool! Did you use the Layla Unplugged version in Ignition for practice? I think I'll break out my Guild acoustic and give it a go. Maybe just mic it in to RS2014 to see how I do. Haven't played the acoustic in quite some time, and haven't tried using a mic on RS2014 in Linux.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, someotherbruce said:

@ diceslinger - @ Rodman - doing the acoustic version of Layla is so cool! Did you use the Layla Unplugged version in Ignition for practice? I think I'll break out my Guild acoustic and give it a go. Maybe just mic it in to RS2014 to see how I do. Haven't played the acoustic in quite some time, and haven't tried using a mic on RS2014 in Linux.

I did, but I always have a struggle getting the song down unless I transition to paper.  Rodman and I both tend to transition to tabs from one of the tab sites to memorize from.  Plus they are often a bit more stripped down.

You are welcome to join us in out little challenge.  I know Rodman is going to ask me what song we are doing next, so I gotta figure one out.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, diceslinger said:

I did, but I always have a struggle getting the song down unless I transition to paper.  Rodman and I both tend to transition to tabs from one of the tab sites to memorize from.  Plus they are often a bit more stripped down.

You are welcome to join us in out little challenge.  I know Rodman is going to ask me what song we are doing next, so I gotta figure one out.

I'm not sure if my playing is at that level yet, but I'll be paying attention! I grabbed the Layla (unplugged) version and ran through rhythm twice and lead once to get a general idea. I have RocksmithToTabs working on PlayOnLinux, so ran my cdlc library through that and looked at the tabs using Tux Guitar. But I'm thinking I liked Justin Guitar training, he has three videos out on Layla unplugged and I have his training book and a book of songs. I'll see if Layla unplugged is included. I might be able to hang with a Justin course. I'll give this one a few more tries, but not submit a video. I'm no-where near close - but I'll pay attention to your next one.

Is this the challenge where you and Rodman posted videos with family members singing? Those were really well done videos, showing a lot of time and effort.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, someotherbruce said:

I'm not sure if my playing is at that level yet, but I'll be paying attention! I grabbed the Layla (unplugged) version and ran through rhythm twice and lead once to get a general idea. I have RocksmithToTabs working on PlayOnLinux, so ran my cdlc library through that and looked at the tabs using Tux Guitar. But I'm thinking I liked Justin Guitar training, he has three videos out on Layla unplugged and I have his training book and a book of songs. I'll see if Layla unplugged is included. I might be able to hang with a Justin course. I'll give this one a few more tries, but not submit a video. I'm no-where near close - but I'll pay attention to your next one.

Is this the challenge where you and Rodman posted videos with family members singing? Those were really well done videos, showing a lot of time and effort.

Trust me, my playing isn't at that level yet either.  That was with a weeks worth of work, and it could use another week!  The idea is to work on it and record it, not perfect it.  The idea was borne out of the desire to learn songs we can play without Rocksmith.

Those videos, yes the ones you are talking about with family singing, we have probably gotten out of hand with occasionally 🙂    I have probably erred too far into mixing and editing to cover my lack of ability.  I took a class in mixing and was playing with what I had learned.  I hope that doesn't keep people from trying, the idea it to encourage each other.

• Like 1