Guitar very quiet today

JonBorgenJr

Question

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had some insight to share with me about an issue i'm having with guitar sound.

First off i'll just give some background info. This is the first time i have had this problem. The game picks up the sound okay. I'm not missing notes that I'm playing but the guitar track in game is very quiet. So if there is a song where there is no guitar playing and little noise and I play notes I can hardly hear/can't hear my guitar and I have been able to do that before. I have tried checking all cable connections and restarting the game and restoring game options back to default settings. also played with the cable gain as well and that hasn't worked.

And Info on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. 

13 answers to this question

Well, if it is a custom, it could be that the tone volume was set kind of low during the build. BUT you can pause the game and turn everything else down and the balance will be better. I know it's a pain but sometimes you may need to do that.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

• Administrator

Also, be sure to check your recording devices settings. Using the .dll file resets the recording lvl of the cable to 17. 

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

I've had this problem 3 times.  Don't know if it applies to you, but here it is anyways:

First Time my cable went bad.

Second time I had to fiddle with the sound settings in windows control panel.  But a (December?) patch should have fixed that.

Third time I had to change the battery in my guitar (active pickups).

• Like 1

Jon if you happen to play a CDLC that has no tone created, there's a bug that will shut your tone down until you restart Rocksmith. It can be very frustrating. If you can figure what songs do this I would suggest checking if there is an update since you last downloaded it. If not I would delete it because they are worthless.

• Like 1

Interesting I just checked my RS cable volume is in fact set to 17,, and works just fine for me that way.

This is a Rocksmith/Ubisoft bug. The game will always reset the Windows control panel to 17. The workaround for this is to alt-tab back into windows, slide the volume up as high as you need it, then alt-tab back into Rocksmith. The bug was supposed to have been fixed with the December patch, but it apparently didn't take.