What Is Your Setup? PC to Amp to ?

MidPackMuffins

Question

Newb user here just getting into Rocksmith.

Currently, I am using headphones connected to my PC and am wondering what others are doing to perhaps connect to their amplifier or whatever else people are using to play and hear outside their PC.

Do people connect their PC to their AMP or somehow connect their guitar to their amp while also being plugged into their PC?

• Like 1

17 answers to this question

Using the following:

PC to 1080p TV

Scarlett 2i4

Marshall DSL40c

Digitech GSP1101

AB Switch

Guitar to AB Switch, B is RealTone Cable to PC, A is to Amp and Effects.

I use the onboard sound for Rocksmith and the Scarlett 2i4 for Amp and Effects.

Turn down the instrument volume in Rocksmith when I want to play along with my Amp and Effects.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8N2L0obypt8cUVyQkdhQlBrTnc

• Like 2

My set up is pretty crazy. I have my big stage rig, which i hardly ever carry to a gig set up in the studio so I use this and have set up like like this...

Bass to a Mesa Subway DI/Preamp.

from the mesa I  use the Thru output with the RTC to my PC. The DI from the mesa runs to a 32 channel desk and recording interface and the preamp out from the mesa runs in to a rack tuner that then runs into a Galien Kreuger 1001RB II then into a 2x12 cab and a 1x15 cab.

I mute the player track on the game and the pc runs back into the USB recording interface and into a channel on the desk that then goes into  a pair of EV 15s  with over 2000 watts and a pair of EV 18 subs with over 6000 watts .

A desktop PC, a décent audio interface (audient iD22) and a pair of old monitors (active Roland DS5 + Tapco subwoofer). That is my usual rig for rocksmith.

The audient has good preamps and a great HiZ input, insert jacks allowing to feed the RS cable (no need for a splitter) and it works great with software like guitar rig. It's also multiclient, so I can run both ASIO amp sim (for improved latency) and Rocksmith at the same time. So it's much alike having a splitter to feed RS and an amp/pod/whatever guitar mfx you like, and reunite them on a mixing console before feeding the monitors. Except it's all in the box.

Since Remastered, I don't use the RS cable anymore, and use the "acoustic mode" as main input. Works like a charm for those who don't use RS internal amp sim ! In case you'd be stuck with driver routing issues (feeding multiple software with the same input, or mixing several software with different protocol such as ASIO/MME) : try ODEUS ASIO link driver. A bit complicated, but you can solve a great deal of situations with it. Discovered it when I wanted to put a VST plugin (ARC - acoustic room correction) in insert on all my computer's output (from RS to YouTube).

Guitars & Bass go wirelessly to analog mixer strips, strips direct out to audiointerface + send to rocksmith cables. Audiointerface in mac to mainstage3, mainstage3 outputs back to mixer, mixer outputs to surround system where I can choose how much which instrument goes in which speaker. Rocksmith ingame instruments muted.

Used to have mainstage3 file for every song, but it's too tiresome to make one for every song, now I use one file which has 2x clean 2x distortion channels. Double channels are clones that have same options, but have different memory for settings. Channels have 5 different amp options and 5 different pedals + wah + whammy, controlled with fcb1010. If I had money I'd figure out a way to add 2 or more expression pedals, one to control output volume and one to control gain. Maybe just another fcb1010 and and maybe get Boss Ac3 or alternative.

I got 88" projector, 2-3 people can play simultaneously jumping about. I've adjusted volume of every song, ReplayGain is enough for 99% of the songs and rest are adjusted by ear. Without doing so, I'd need to adjust guitar and bass volumes during every song and I'd just rather not.

I suppose I don't need the rocksmith cables anymore, but they're not in my way so I haven't had a reason to change anything. Didn't the multiplayer require that one player is connected somehow or something?

My Guitar goes into an ABY-Switch, A-> AmplifiTT, B-> Realtone-Cable. Guitar-Sound InGame is muted, my Soundcard is the AmplifiTT. It has an AmpOut which goes to Active Monitors Channel B and LineOut to Channel A. So I can mix the sound at the Monitors. Through the amp-out only the modelled guitar signal comes out and through the lineout the game-sound without guitar. It fits perfect to me.

My guitar goes into a Digitech Whammy DT then into a Fender ABY

Fender ABY

Switch A goes to my PC > PC is connected to a Yamaha Home Cinema Receiver > My large speakers

Switch B > Boss GT6 ( Guitar Effects Processor ) > Marshall AVT 100 Amplifier ( I've got a Boss DS1 & A Mooer Reecho pedal for extra sound shaping if needed )

Y-splitter cable plugged into Fender Mustang amp, guitar plugged into one side of y-splitter, rocksmith cable plugged into other side of y-splitter.  I run a cable from the headphone jack of the computer to the aux input on the amp.  I have my headphones plugged into the headphone jack on the amp.

I have found that in some of the CDLC my guitar audio is really quiet, running it through the amp I can make it louder.  I can also mute the audio from the computer and just hear myself while the computer still picks up my playing.

I do get some hum out of the splitter but I can usually fix it by dropping the gain down since I am using headphone (need to try an ABY pedal one of these days.)

Guitar to "Radial Big Shot ABY" pedal (features to eliminate hum and phase issues).  Output A: Rocksmith cable to PC.  Output B: to Line6 Spider IV 75.  Guitar volume in Rocksmith turned down.  Connected to the Amp is the Line6 FBV Shortboard so I can switch tones quicky on the amp to match the various songs that I play.

I started with the HDMI to TV too many lag issues so I switched to PC speakers . About a month ago Guitar Center had a great deal on PA system with two 10s so I switched to that. Tonight I am adding a JBL 10 inch powered sub for more punch. This is all in my man cave and I use it for listening to music also. I did add sound deadening too the door thinking of doing the whole wall so I don't get that text at 10 pm from my wife to turn it down.