Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 89

Important! Tool - The Grudge is going to be replaced (we'll be back to it one day).

New song:

Advanced Lead: Beethoven - 5th Symphony

Advanced Rhythm: Beethoven - 5th Symphony

MasterClass Bass: Fat Larry's Band - Act Like You know

• Like 6

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I've got a Question for those with 24 fret guitars... Are 24 frets smaller than 22 ?

Because i've got a issue with octave that reaches from let's say the 5th fret and the 9th fret. I can't reach the 9th fret with my pinky... So in between 1th and 10th fret i can reach maximum 2 frets in between. Like 1-4th 2-5th 3-6th 4-7th 5-8th 6-9th and last 7-10th fret. The other 12 frets beneath are no problem tho.

There are some songs that requiere these and i can't reach them even though my hands are big.

Is it easier with a 24 fret guitar ? [emoji28]

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I've got a Question for those with 24 fret guitars... Are 24 frets smaller than 22 ?

Because i've got a issue with octave that reaches from let's say the 5th fret and the 9th fret. I can't reach the 9th fret with my pinky... So in between 1th and 10th fret i can reach maximum 2 frets in between. Like 1-4th 2-5th 3-6th 4-7th 5-8th 6-9th and last 7-10th fret. The other 12 frets beneath are no problem tho.

There are some songs that requiere these and i can't reach them even though my hands are big.

Is it easier with a 24 fret guitar ? [emoji28]

That's nothing about the amount of frets, more the scale. Indeed my 24 fret guitar is a short scale, what means the leght of the strings is 64cm, on my "normal" scaled guitars it's 65cm. with 24 frets just the neck is a little bit longer, but the frets are exactly the same size, I have remeasured it. It comes with the time if you often play fingerstretching stuff. Actually I can take hold of with maximum 5 frets between index and pinky. That's kind of finger gym.

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I'm Elastoman  :D

No, it doesn't work on low positions 1-4th with index. There I can get 4 in between.

But from 5th it is good possible. But you need to train your fingers. We're talking about grip 2 notes at the same time.

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@ i wish that i would have some crazy flexible fingers. Mine are idiots, they know just 3 positions and if i try to go further, they start to hurt. It feels just uncomfortable to play such huge chords. [emoji85]

Take your time, man!

When the fingers will know more positions by themselves, they will like pure magic know how to extend further!

Guaranteed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@Rodman @ seems like time will tell what my fingers are capable of. But it's kinda funny got a similar issue with solo's and stuff. I search for videos and tabs and watch how to do it. The first solo i watched was Dragonforce - through the fire and flames. And i kinda got the hang of it and the rhythm. The first thing i thought was "Wait.. What was the first note again" and so on. When i got to the end the whole thing started again and i forgot them positions [emoji23] . It's really hard tho not only the song is brutal but also to memorize them notes in order. But i won't give up on this. Someday i will get it right without breaking my finger and then i'll go one step further and try the song by Steve Ouimette - We Three Kings. If it's gonna be avaible in the future [emoji16] [emoji106] .

Till that time comes i'll play my favorite songs [emoji4].

• Like 2

@@DevStereo - As the others have said, the fret size doesn't really change depending on how many frets you have. The fret size only depends on the scale length of the instrument (there's a little variability for guitars, but I think 25.5 inches or so is around standard. For basses it's usually 34 inches, so it's easy to get uncomfortable stretches on the bass). Instead, when you have more frets the fretboard is a little longer and the body will usually be shaped to have a deeper cutout so your hand can access those higher frets.

A lot of the stuff behind this is basically first year level physics (which also explains why harmonics work only at certain places on the fretboard, and so on), so if you ever want to know more, I'm happy to talk your ears off.

@ - thanks for confirming what I thought for the Spectrogram view. I'll definitely play around with it some and try to get comfortable with it and use it to improve the syncing for some of the types of things I've been having trouble with (Atheist, I'm looking at you. Though the tabs having shitty time sigs doesn't help.). And if I feel like I have something to add, I'll try to write something up or make a suitable video showing how I can sync hard songs.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@albatross213 sure i want to know more, the more i know the better, right ? Even if i can take daily some amounts of information, i would like to know more.

There are many things i still don't understand about instruments and stuff or simply said didn't go through it. Could get interesting. Don't worry about my ears they won't come off, i've got steel ears. Heavy but unbreakable [emoji86]

@ called me out for being a hypocrite and hes right. I am.

I only really got serious when it crashed on me both times after I played it twice though, thats what led me to point out every error I could.

I do want to get rid of that ghost 20 though, I bet thats whats causing the problem for me

and Tool :(

I was having a lot of trouble getting the verse and the intro riffs to hit perfectly, so yeah, good call on the sync

• Like 1

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Beginner Lead - 99.75%, 660 streak

That was my try ever. 2 misses, including one on the slides.

• Like 6

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Disappointed to see Tool go, I was enjoying learning that.

Interestingly, the CDLC I have is different to the one on this site. It's not my work, but I have no idea where I got it from so can't credit the author. To me it's a better version.

Had a quick run through beethoven, a song I can already play on piano, but I'm liking this rock version !

Edit: I think all my cdlc are set to REMs Whats the Frequency..., so if it doesn't show up you'll have the change that !

Edited by Mortalo
No sharing of others work is allowed.

@ - I've been using the Spectrogram after lunch, and holy shit I just synced Mother Man (screw it, I linked the whole album since it's higher quality. And I'm also planning on doing An Incarnation's Dream somewhat soon) the whole way through! Thank you so much for bringing this feature to my attention and making this so much easier!

Now I just need to figure out what the bass is doing during a two measure breakdown that isn't tabbed, as well as how the hell to deal with two-hand-tapped chords that are ~9 frets apart given what Rocksmith wants to do with hand position (Has this type of thing ever been done before? I know the bass intro to Scarred by Dream Theater has something similar, but that hasn't been done on here. And there I don't think the left hand and right hand taps are ever simultaneous). And then the guitar tracks!  :D

@@DevStereo - I'll try to PM you somewhat shortly (as in before I go to bed tonight, so almost surely withing the next 9 hours), then. It won't be everything at once, though!

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!