Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 84

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Tried improve score at a song by The Clash. And a lot fail in SA. SO there result my research why:

tried play in RR with very low speed, and seen that a at a few chord have a lot missed chords. Unpacked cdlc,

There tabs of cdlc:

There how it look in EOF:

Don`t know how really maked cdlc, may be this errors after export, but anyway there a lot chords which need remove from chart without miss sounds and playable in RS.

What you think @?

I don't know what you mean. For me it looks ok, but what does this h in the techs mean, hammer on? That would be strange... but probably just a slide into the Fm chord without starting on Em would be better for recognition in RS.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I think the issue here is that this chord-slide is a sustain. I was getting misses for individual notes/strings from the chord.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Don`t know about h, it appear there after import to EOF from GP, which i got from cdlc via tool. For me seems right if the Fm a slide to linked the Fm# chord for right show in RS. 

Updated score for lead  Metallica, practice with chord was not wasting time :)

http://i.imgur.com/9tfmTBM.jpg

• Like 5

Tried improve score at a song by The Clash. And a lot fail in SA. SO there result my research why:

tried play in RR with very low speed, and seen that a at a few chord have a lot missed chords. Unpacked cdlc,

There tabs of cdlc:

There how it look in EOF:

Don`t know how really maked cdlc, may be this errors after export, but anyway there a lot chords which need remove from chart without miss sounds and playable in RS.

What you think @?

I don't know what you mean. For me it looks ok, but what does this h in the techs mean, hammer on? That would be strange... but probably just a slide into the Fm chord without starting on Em would be better for recognition in RS.

Yes, the h means hammer-on. Also, you need a starting point for slides in RS. In GP you can make undefined slide-ins but not in EoF because RS doesn't support those.

The only issue I see here, is the fact that there's an unconnected slide to a chord that is tabbed as a hammer-on which obviously doesn't work and probably leads to issues with recognition in RS. Remove the hammer-on, put linknext status on the first chord and it should work as expected.

• Like 2

I've almost put everything together for Orion. Remains to be seen whether I can do everything that cleanly in Score Attack rather than RR and (especially) not screw up my hand position anywhere in the solo, but things are looking good for going 99+. I'm going for a run soon (a real run, not a score attack run) so it might be a while before I get to it, but say tuned. I'm kind of worried, though, because if I can get to this point on the solo I'm thinking @@then3verend will be able to pretty easily as well, given his lead guitar skills.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=454664135

1 missed note.

When watching my play throughs back I can see I'm playing the slide on the 4th fret of the E up to the 8th WAY too early and I do this on practically every phrase it crops up in yet it get's recognised most of the time, I have learned this mistake and I am struggling to correct it. I has a video but I'm less than happy with it so it's going in the bin. I don't think I'm going to manage 100% unless I can really sort out that frigging early slide I keep playing  :angry:

• Like 7

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

update

http://up.picr.de/22129206ux.jpg

• Like 7
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Well, I can't compete on streak and score, but I got it where it counts.

http://i.imgur.com/ArTvxRf.jpgHopefully will improve on that tonight, as there were a lot of sloppy misses (see longest streak) and I could have done better on the solo. I think my best RR run was 4 misses, but 8-10 was more typical, and I was probably around there.

Also, I think I figured out why I sometimes had lots of misses on the slides at the end. Sometimes I wasn't properly muting the open A before moving on to the slides (seriously, I have no idea how to actually play and mute everything properly there), and whenever that happened I usually ended up with 5+ misses as opposed to 0-2 with it muted properly.

Lastly, @@bernixix, that's pretty awesome for your first time through, though I gather you've played the song a lot before.

Edit: Well, this was a 99.01%, I just forgot to take the screenshot that actually mattered. I don't remember score or streak or anything, though. I'll probably be able to do better with more practice throughout the week, so I won't feel hard done if it's not accepted.

http://i.imgur.com/6OF3tdB.jpg

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 7

@@albatross213 You're right, I've played other versions of this song an awful lot :)

Intro - it should be played with chords imo.

Also at first I felt like the transition from E7 to E2 in the verse was a bit awkward (at least compared how I was used to play it) but in the end I was wrong.

Bass solo is really well tabbed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhIv458DBO4

So my only complaint would be that intro and the fact that bass tone in the interlude (until the solo distorted tone kicks in) is really low that I can't barely hear myself playing.

Other than that it's a superb cdlc that fixes most of the errors in the other versions. Great charming to play!

• Like 3

@@albatross213 how in the world are your plucking fingers not getting confused in that solo?

Or....

If you're using a pick...well then...hope you dont see Mr.Jason Newsted cut off your fingers for playing Cliff with a pick

I can't tell you until Saturday at 1  :P.

But seriously...

Short story: Patience, determination, and lots of practice. Tools used: two fingers, no raking (I could see 3 fingers or raking being useful if you're very comfortable using either. I'm not)

Long story: I assume you're talking about the third section of the solo, but this could be applied to almost anything. I started out at 50% speed, and went up to 100% in increments of 5% or so (except maybe between 95-100 I might have added some. At each speed I did at least 3 trials making sure that the plucking pattern felt comfortable and natural at that speed. Once I had a few runs that felt good and were acceptable in terms of performance (0 or 1 misses) I moved on. If the new speed didn't start feeling comfortable or natural after a few reps I'd back off a little bit again before returning. Then I stopped once I hit 5 good reps in a row at 100% speed. At the end of this I'd probably played that section close to 100 times and it was pretty much second nature (at least for the day) and my hand knew what to do when that part came.

Anyway, for how obviously achievable it should be, learning how to do new plucking patterns at speed is really hard and takes a lot of work. I wouldn't be surprised if a big part of the reason some people struggled a lot with Big Gun a couple weeks back was because they didn't have the plucking pattern for it down.

• Like 5

I'm so happy to see the Championship is still going strong!

It's been a long time since I've been able to participate, but I'm going to give it a go this evening. Very excited to try Orion! Very good scores so far.

Glad to be back and hopefully I can stay longer this time.

Good luck everyone!

• Like 5

http://up.picr.de/22132959zu.jpg

• Like 6

@@Nacholede, don't think too much while playing, not only in CS.

http://up.picr.de/22136673gd.jpg

• Like 8

Damn, what is worst about the championship is that i can't play relaxed, and that causes big misses and ending with my hands shacking. Don't know if i'm the only one feeling like that

At first yes, but as the week goes and the stuff I learn is second nature...

example is Working Man, I didn't like it because I either had to go from cool and relaxed to shreddymcshredder or be tense the whole song.

I do prefer playing songs with more energy because of this and extremely dislike those that have none and are intended to be soothing(I.e. Hotel California)

Many nice scores on all songs :)