New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

Hi, Antithez

It's great to have you here with us at the Classic Rock Coalition. Steve, manchot66 and RSBass and I, Terry, avdocatwork got together back in Jan. 2015 and started up The Classic Rock Coalition, basically to  run through each others Customs before posting them to CustomsForge, so as to not get a bunch of flack from the general public on CF, I am sure you remember back then when there were some real mean and cruel posts made about the (to me Great) customs the Magna Charters, busting there ass's to make and share with a lot of the ungrateful Custom moochers, I call them. We were all learning to chart back in the day of SmithyAnvil, I am pretty sure, I saw you there charting along with us for RockSmith 2012. We all moved here to the CRC-SG about a month ago and have been picking up a great bunch of guys helping each other out, because I guess we are all into the music and having a blast playin' Guitar's and Bass's, and charting tunes we have always wanted to be able to play, and for me RS and here is the place, I have finally started to get the hang of playin' Guitar and Bass. Can't speak for the others here. In the past I was in numerous garage bands just hammering away, drinking heavily and going nowhere. Later got married, had kids kind of put the Guitar down. But a few years ago RockSmithn started up and I have been Jammin' ever since and lovin' it, Is Mcdonald's going to bust me for sayin' that.  :D Wow, this has got to be the longest post I have ever made, well got to go.

Later, Terry aka: avdocatwork

• Like 2

Thanks, Steve

I know I'm always the last too know about these things and the shortcuts, in cyberspace. We all been here a long time and somethin' new turnin' up all the time. Do you like the new way I'm talkin' it's like chartin' A Vocal Track!

Later, avdocatwork, Drinkin' and Partyin' still.

Hi, Guys

Set up a session earlier, and played the King Crimson tune, and the Mellencamp tune.

Mellencamp tune, you are going to freak out the regular Guitarist with the fast scroll speed of the Lead Path, didn't even want to go to the Rhythm path after that, sorry.

King Crimson tune, What can I say, Really don't remember much about those guys. Not familiar with any of there tunes at all, sorry.Seems like a really difficult tune to learn or even deal with, maybe a dedicated fan of there music would want to deal with it, Sorry it's not me for sure. ​My honest opinion.

Later, Terry aka:avdocatwork

Terry,

Agreed, it is fast.  And since I'd heard that song on the radio a thousand times, I knew what the rhythm was before playing it.  If I didn't, I'd have no chance.  I had to play it a couple of times to get the hang of it, but the chord changes aren't really that hard.  Gets easier once you get that strumming pattern down.  For a beginner first sitting down to that song at 100%, it's going to blow their mind.  They'll have to use DD.

2.0 is the default in the toolkit, but I think some of the tutorials on this site recommend using somewhat faster speeds, particularly for anything faster with lots of string switching. Since a lot of my customs thus far are pretty fast and technical, I've changed the default on mine to 1.5 and sometimes adjust faster or slower depending on the specifics of each path. I'm not expecting people to be able to sight read those songs their first time through, but instead spend some time in riff repeater to get used to each part, and then attempt to play through the song as a whole (which is generally how it goes when using tabs, at least for me).

As for the King Crimson song, yeah, it's at a pretty ridiculous level of technical difficulty. I don't think that the guitar riffs are too bad (at least for top level guitarists) on their own, but the way they fit in with the rest of the song (the guitar lines gradually weaving in and out of phase, the polyrhythms with the rhythm section) increases the difficulty tremendously. It's not something I'd expect most people to play (though hopefully they don't hate the song - I find it quite mesmerizing), but I figured it would be a cool and unusual challenge for the top flight guitarists and that they'd be able to learn something new from it.

Finally, I think Long Distance Runaround is ready for testing. The syncing for this was pretty tough (especially the guitar solo at the very end, where I had to give up on a tempo map, turn grid snap off, and move notes manually. I left out the tail end of it, as this was kind of annoying), but I think I did a good job after going through very carefully (1/2 zoom, 50% playback rate). I was also pretty careful to try to get the techniques right (hopos [many of which were wrong for guitar in the tab I used], sustains into slides), but those might not all be perfect.

Bass tone is from Roundabout, guitar tone is from South Side of the Sky (which probably means it's a bit too distorted - let me know if you think of any other tones that would fit better). Enjoy!

• Like 4

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Hi, Steve

I bet the tune looks simple on paper (Tabs and sheet music), but when it comes down to playing it, it sure seemed tricky to me to get going on it, I am pretty sure I was nowhere close to getting the hang of the strumming pattern. Like you I could hear it in my mind, but I couldn't get the fret hand moving right, much less the strumming rolling. I defiantly need to give it quite a few more play throughs, to start to pick up the feel of the tune.

Later, Terry

2.0 is the default in the toolkit, but I think some of the tutorials on this site recommend using somewhat faster speeds, particularly for anything faster with lots of string switching. Since a lot of my customs thus far are pretty fast and technical, I've changed the default on mine to 1.5 and sometimes adjust faster or slower depending on the specifics of each path. I'm not expecting people to be able to sight read those songs their first time through, but instead spend some time in riff repeater to get used to each part, and then attempt to play through the song as a whole (which is generally how it goes when using tabs, at least for me).

As for the King Crimson song, yeah, it's at a pretty ridiculous level of technical difficulty. I don't think that the guitar riffs are too bad (at least for top level guitarists) on their own, but the way they fit in with the rest of the song (the guitar lines gradually weaving in and out of phase, the polyrhythms with the rhythm section) increases the difficulty tremendously. It's not something I'd expect most people to play (though hopefully they don't hate the song - I find it quite mesmerizing), but I figured it would be a cool and unusual challenge for the top flight guitarists and that they'd be able to learn something new from it.

Finally, I think Long Distance Runaround is ready for testing. The syncing for this was pretty tough (especially the guitar solo at the very end, where I had to give up on a tempo map, turn grid snap off, and move notes manually. I left out the tail end of it, as this was kind of annoying), but I think I did a good job after going through very carefully (1/2 zoom, 50% playback rate). I was also pretty careful to try to get the techniques right (hopos [many of which were wrong for guitar in the tab I used], sustains into slides), but those might not all be perfect.

Bass tone is from Roundabout, guitar tone is from South Side of the Sky (which probably means it's a bit too distorted - let me know if you think of any other tones that would fit better). Enjoy!

Wow, going to play this right now!! you Rock Sir :) 

Jerry

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@albatross213 of course I will, no, I have to play the King Crimson song. I have already dl it, but I was still working on One for the Championship you know,  have finished a video and think the 1st place should be mine :)

King Crimson is a must for frippchen

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@albatross213

Wow.... I cant thank you enough!! my chartering time has become pretty limited due to a mostly Travel Job, its a rare week at home for me, and at best I can Test for you guys, and wow. I really have to tell you guys how much I appreciate all this Yes this week... Now if only "And You And I " Magically appeared teethe.. 

You crushed this one bud, great to play and cant resist the urge to keep playing it over and over again ! 

Jerry

• Like 3

I'll definitely test "Long Distance Runaround". I always wanted to make it anyway but never went through with it, so I am glad you did it.

Regarding scroll speed: 1.5 is the norm for me and it's used in almost all of my customs. I rarely make it faster than that but also never slower than 1.8.

• Like 2

In addition to re-doing Long Distance, I re-did Heart of the Sunrise too... 

Wow, its a great way to remember Chris, and not at all possible without all of you guys.. 

https://youtu.be/Hn99M8KhdD8?list=PLPVfjtUUf4lbX-yG5QPxKlliolj0SUVOH

• Like 4

@@jbroch Thank you for playing my (and others') customs! It really means a lot to know others are playing and enjoying them!

Also, I can't promise "And You and I" anytime soon, but I'll see what I can do.

To the others, now that I'm pretty much done moving I should start having more time to test other customs in this thread and give feedback on them. The last week's been pretty hectic, but I'm getting settled in now.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Hi, Guys

I am happy to announce once again we have another new Member joining us here at the Classic Rock Coalition, vigonsky2009 he is a Magna Charter with 12 customs on CF. I believe vigonsky2009 is a 6-String Guitar player and a Bass Player also, but not sure. Welcome vigonsky2009 to the Classic Rock Coalition.

There are 68 Members and Guests with the CRC-SC Now.

@ Be sure to click on the follow this topic at the top of this page so you will receive notifications when someone posts here, in the Members Forum.

Later, avdocatwork aka: Terry

• Like 2

@@albatross213

You're most welcome, hell I love the fact that I get to have my charts tested out here by a real crack bunch of charters. And yea I understand the whole being unsettled part. My new job has me on planes more then home, and that makes for a hard mix . I'm hoping to get to a point where i can take EOF with me on the road and chart from the hotels. But that hasn't happened so far. I stay pretty busy with work when I'm on the road. My company bills for my time when I travel so its hard to get spare time in... 

I'm glad you are considering getting And You And I done. Its got to be one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard, or seen played live.  No pressure :) Just hope :) 

Jerry

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@albatross213 tried the lead path of Discipline and would say this song is really a pain to play. Even not the best King Crimson song for RS. Charting and sync looks ok. I guess the rhythm path is similar to play. I will look later into this and also try the bass  :)

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png