New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

@ - Played through again and it looks great! Might kick the volume on the bass tone up a dB or two as at times (mainly during the solo section) it was quite hard to hear myself. Not sure why I didn't notice that the last time I played it  :lol:. But I think the bass path's pretty much good to go.

tone up or song?

@@Crossbolt242

Lead sounds good.  Played it on the bridge pickup with coil tap to try to get as close to a Strat sound as possible.

@@albatross213

I would say the lead is a better speed, even though I think it's faster and I thought would have chosen the slower one.

I should have UFO's Doctor Doctor finished up soon.  There's a version up already but it's not too hot, so I did this one from scratch.

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Dankeschön :D

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

So not to freak anyone out but one night I went to downtown Zurich to find a bar with ac. Had a few.drinks and git mugged by 3 punks at the bar. I was leaving and one of them grabbed my arm while another pushed me down on the sidewalk got a nice scrape from that. I got back up and hit one of them , knocked him down and out.so my right hand is pretty sore. Just got it looked at yesterday...

http://i.imgur.com/1PIFXL0.jpg

http://imgur.com/Fnc7oea

Boxers fracture . ...look for the sharp bits in a temp cast till the orthopedic folks call...

Yeah, I'd feel angry as hell as well. I haven't been mugged yet (thankfully) but I can imagine how it must have felt, especially being in a foreign country. Did you go to the police afterward or did you just go back home?

• Like 1

well, after i knocked one of the bastards out ,pretty sure i broke his jaw, along with my hand, he was out cold before he hit the ground. the other two saw this and no doubt the look on my face freaked them out and they ran and left their dirt bag buddy crumpled on the ground, i chose to run as well didnt want them coming back and having weapons and more buddys. just made my way back to base camp on back roads and side streets.... Also didnt want a lengthy scene with the local police...

• Like 2

@@jbroch

Shit, at least one of them learned their lesson.  I busted my right and left pinkies punching people.  I didn't break the metatarsal like you did, just ripped all the tendons off and fractured the bones.  My left pinky won't stand up straight when I fret a string with it, it just flops to the side.  It's real common 'cause your fist compresses when you jack someone and that pinky can't take the pressure of getting smashed into your palm.

Best of luck, heal up quick.

• Like 1

Thanks brother , at least I got a bit of painful play in, as you may have seen from my playing I tend to 4 finger pluck...that may change now

LOL, I was going to say it looks like you have your index in middle fingers exposed, so maybe you could play. But I wasn't actually expecting you to try to play!

Anyway, sorry about the mugging. Pretty rotten luck, but I guess you could have come out of it worse. I hope you heal soon!

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

yea im an idiot and i tried, cast ends kept hitting the strings,,,, sighs .. just off the phone with the Ortopedic folks ee them tomorrow at 1130, rebreak it and recast it i rekon.

And dont boycott Switzerland, these punks were not Swiss. Some form of eastern block i rekon. and even thenn they were 3 punks, not a whole nation ;)

I will live to rock out again im sure, and hell playing may be great physical therapy who knows :)

J

• Like 1

Btw, I wanted to tell you guys that there's gonna be a new Grateful Dead song book from Hal Leonard which I plan on getting as soon as I can order it from Amazon. It has quite an attractive selection and some songs I haven't seen in any of the other song books and wanted to do for quite a while (China Cat Sunflower, St. Stephen, Althea). Also, it's Hal Leonard and not Alfred Publishing which doesn't have the best rep.

I already have this anthology and this one that has all of Workingman's Dead so if you ever want a tab from either of these two (or three, respectively, once I get the new one), just ask me and I'll scan it for you. There's no bass transcriptions but I can do those myself and if I have the time, I'll gladly help you out there. We certainly need some more GD in RS. :D

• Like 1

All of you master bassists,

I just finished up charting Level 42 - Something About You.  There are two bass tracks and I charted both.  One is the traditional bass and the other is the synth bass.  Anyone know what to use to get that deep, fat synth sound?  I haven't tried creating the tone yet, just thought some one might have some ideas before I venture into it. 

Synth bass starts about :15 into the song at the beginning of the first verse: https://youtu.be/E-zP66eSLto

Happy weekend all,

Here's my version of UFO - Doctor Doctor for L, L+, R, B if anyone wants to give it a try.  The bonus lead is the same as the lead but has the second part of the guitar harmonies.  I modeled the bass' slides and fret hand positions after the rhythm.  Let me know if those slides work out and sound okay on those four stringers.

Thanks, dudes!

• Like 1