New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

Hello all,

Just finished up another Free song, Free - I'm a Mover for lead and rhythm.  No bass.

If you get a chance, let me know what you think.

Avdoc, you'll like this one.  The rhythm is much more fun than the lead.

First song I put together with the new guitar.  These pickups aren't as loud as my last ones and have a different sound, so I'm interested to hear what you think about tones and volumes.

Hi, Steve

Just played Free - I'm A Mover, only got a 55% on lead, wow that's an intense Lead path, for sure. Did better on Rhythm with a 82% and only played it a couple times - real nice tune, had a blast playin' it.. Another Free tune that should have been a major hit for those guys. Also loaded up Heartbreaker which is great fun to play also. Thanks for turning me on to these great tunes. It's hard for me to believe I didn't run across them a long time ago. Both songs play real good and sound excellent on my set-up.

Later, avdocatwork

• Like 1

Hi, Aludog

I have the following Beach Boy Tunes almost completed - All with - L, R, B & V  Got the sheet music tabs for Help Me Rhonda, could use  the sheet music PDF's on the others, to get them corrected. I will post there files for you a little later today.

The Beach Boys - California Girls - 1965

The Beach Boys - Help Me Rhonda - 1965 - Changed MP3, Did more corrections.

The Beach Boys - In My Room - 1963

The Beach Boys - Kokomo - 1988

These next two are in the works need the sheet music PDF's -  the GuitarPro Files are all wrong.

The Beach Boys - 409 - 1962

The Beach Boys - Little Deuce Coupe - 1963

Later, Terry

Hey Terry,

Here you go: https://app.box.com/s/ccnb08lwmj01b73domlm9izrbdgb97ke

I put all the tabs in that folder and I also included some band scores from a songbook that I totally forgot I had.

Apart from that, I'm not sure I'll be able to help as much as I promised because work for university has been piling up and I need to work my ass off now to finish it. If I want to work on any customs of my own, especially when doing transcriptions, I can't take on any other transcriptions now or all my free time will be gone for good. I'll gladly check out the songs on bass and try to note and maybe correct any issues but I think that'll have to do. Sorry. :(

Hi, Guys

Here is the first tests of the three Beach Boys tunes, if anyone wants to give them a try.

The Beach Boys - California Girls - 1965 - L, R, B & V

The Beach Boys - Help Me Rhonda - 1965 - L, R, B & V - Changed MP3, Did more corrections.

The Beach Boys - Kokomo - 1988 - L, R, B & V

Later, Terry

Edit: Wow, Go figure, I was thinking playin' Beach Boys tunes was going to be a drag, NOT: I had a blast playin' these three tunes and they are not really that difficult to play if you know your basic chords, a few harder chords thrown in there, might trip you up a little. But all and all super fun for the Guitarist's. Haven't tried the Bass yet, I hope they are charted close.

• Like 1

Hi, Steve

Great tune Free's Wishing Well, I tried to chart Blackfoot's version a while back, but didn't get anywhere with it so I scraped it long ago - looking forward to Free's version. I am defiantly diggin' all the great Free tunes you have been chartin' lately.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

Played the three Beach Boys songs.

California Girls - Charting looks good.  The tone for rhythm sounds a bit muted.   The first tone on the lead should be a cleaner tone.  Now, it's got a lot of distortion on it.

Kokomo - Tone is tough for this one 'cause there's no guitar in the song, at least that I can hear.  If it were me, I'd go with something bright and shiny sounding to go along with the song, maybe something with some stereo chorus.  Charting looks good.

Help Me Rhonda -  Looks real good.  The tone can get drowned out by the song, especially in the chord sections and the louder single note sections on lead.  That's just on my setup.  If it sounds good on yours, then disregard.  My favorite to play of the three.

Grew up with the Beach Boys albums on cassette when I was a kid, always loved em.

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

I have another Beach Boys tune up, if anyone want's to check it out, this one has some finger stretches for sure.

The Beach Boys - Surfin' USA - 1963 V3.0 - L, R, B & V

Later, Terry

Edit: The finger stretches aren't that bad after all, no long stretches at all on this one. Fairly nice tune, but I do have some blank spots at the end of the tune, I haven't figured out what goes there yet.

Hi, Guys

I am going to rant for a few minuets, OK, I am sick to death of CustomsForge's new Ignition Search - BS - I get no feedback, and the only thanks come from the same 4 or 5 people. I figure they work for CustomsForge or are the Moderators aliases. I was thinking of only releasing my customs here at the CRC social group for members and guests only for a few months and then maybe post them later  on CustomsForge, and then maybe CustomsForge will change up there BS search engine and make it a little more friendly to the Magna Charters busting there ass's here and mostly getting abuse from ungrateful CDLC moochers. 

Later, avdocatwork

Terry,

Do you mean the way Ignition is set up, you don't have to go the song page to download?  Instead, people just download from the Ignition page and don't ever see all the notes and comments.  If that's what you mean, I've heard others complaining about that.  About those ficken trolls, don't know what you can do about them except ridicule them in the comments.  I did that with Mac66 and now he only posts how much he loves my songs.  Let me know if someone needs a verbal smacking and I'll go after them in the comments.  I enjoy calling out idiots and pointing out their stupidity though fact.    

Hey Terry,

I've put tabs for Surfin' USA into the folder with all the tabs. Check them out if you need help.

Hopefully I can test all the Beach Boys customs this weekend but I'm not sure yet. I'll let you know when I did.

Thanks, Aludog

Just test run all four of the Beach Boys tunes and now going to try out different Guitar tones and try to find some better ones. I want these tunes to really sound good. They are getting close to sounding good. Surfin' USA needs some blank spots filled, so the chart will help me get it straighten up. Having a blast playin' the Beach Boys.

Thanks, again, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Steve

Yeah, I am talking about the way Ignition is set up and the fast track way it can skip everything and Download customs with just the click of a button. That Ignition set up seem cold to me and unfriendly to the Magna Charters on CF. Just blowin' off some steam here.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Worked on the Guitar tones and did some repairs on the Beach Boys Tunes. I think they are sounding a lot better. Here they are if anyone want's to give them a try.

The Beach Boys - California Girls - 1965  V3.5 - L, R, B & V

The Beach Boys - Help Me Rhonda - 1965 V3.5  - L, R, B & V

The Beach Boys - Kokomo - 1988 V3.5  - L, R, B & V

The Beach Boys - Surfin' USA - 1963 V3.5 - L, R, B & V No Lead solo yet and Bass Line could be Bad, on this one

Later, Terry

Hi, Aludog

How were you able to change and add links to the Group Navigation box? The one in the upper right corner on your social group's front page. I am trying to figure out a way to start up a place where members can build and post a preview download page here in the CRC Social Group, that looks and acts like a CustomsForge Download page. And try to get feedback from the CRC-SG Guests, and then later post the Customs on CustomsForge for the general public.

Later, Terry

Hi, Steve

Gave wishing Well a few run throughs, Great work really like the tune. On my set up the songs volume level could go up some and Guitar tone volume levels accordingly. I had some of my Beach Boys tunes loaded up at the same time, maybe I just have mine cranked up too high, but that's how I like it - Loud.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Thanks, Terry.

I think it's just a personal preference on the volume.  You like yours a little louder than mine.  Could just be different setups, too.  As long the song isn't overpowering the tone or vice versa, people can easily adjust their pc volumes up or down a bit.  But they'll bitch and moan all the same.  Thanks again.

Hi, Guys

Worked on the Guitar tones and did some repairs on the Beach Boys Tunes. I think they are sounding a lot better. Here they are if anyone want's to give them a try.

The Beach Boys - California Girls - 1965  V3.5 - L, R, B & V

The Beach Boys - Help Me Rhonda - 1965 V3.5  - L, R, B & V

The Beach Boys - Kokomo - 1988 V3.5  - L, R, B & V

The Beach Boys - Surfin' USA - 1963 V3.5 - L, R, B & V No Lead solo yet and Bass Line could be Bad, on this one

Terry, 

California Girls and Help Me Rhonda & Kokomo are terrific, I was suprised at how hard California Girls was to play. Got 100% on Rhonda :)  , Kokomo is one of my favorite songs of thiers so thank you. 

Surfing played great in Section 1, then as you know it stops for bass. Great work 

Jerry

• Like 1