New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

Hi, Guys

Got four new customs put together. If anyone want's to give them a try.

The Beatles - All My Loving - 1963 - L, R, B & V 

The Beatles - And I Love Her - 1964 - L, R, B & V

The Beach Boys - Help Me Rhonda - 1965 - L, R, B & V

Jan And Dean - Surf City - 1963 - L, R & B   -Took down the link for this one - It's an out of tune mess, might have to scrap this one.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Hi, Guys

I have added a live voice chat link to the front page of the CRC Social Group. All you need is a Mic on your PC. I have a set of headphones with Mic attached. I will get one for work and maybe will be available for live chat M-F, There even, may be video, but I haven't checked it out yet.

Later, Terry

Update: I can't get my mic to work, The Rocksmith cable has taken over the mic settings and my headphone mic is not detected. If it's not one thing with these PC's it's another, trying to get it to work, and it's never easy.

Later

Terry and Torkk,

Will give the new songs a playthrough tonight/tomorrow.  New guitar should be here tomorrow according to FedEx, so I might have to break it in with some Beatles and Rush.

P.S. Is it just me or is Phoebe Cates still amazing climbing out of that pool in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

"All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine."

"All right, Hamilton!"

@@avdocatwork

Two Beatles songs look good.  You're getting to be a pro at these Beatles tunes.  I still suck at them.

On the rhythm for Help Me Rhonda, there are a couple of chords on the E and A strings towards the beginning that are supposed to slide up to the next chord, but the notes with the slides have no tails.  I think they were on the 8th and 10 fret or something like that.

@@torkk

For Rush - Towards the end of the lead, the chord boxes get real long.  They get thrown off becuase there is a chord in there that has notes from the 3rd fret to the 15th fret or so.

For the rhythm, the speed needs to be turned up.  The chord boxes are overlapping so much, you can't see the next one behind it.

• Like 1

Hi, Steve

Had a blast playing the Free-Heartbreaker tune, got 73% on lead and 75% on Rhythm even was going to play Bass on it. But Bass didn't show up, then I went back and saw no Bass on your post. Fine song great fun to play and everything looks really good on it.

And I thought Free was a one hit wonder, until I ran into this tune. Thanks for charting this one, hope to see more Free tunes, the last two you made are great.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

We have a new guy that wants to become a Member KJParsley, It looks like he is a Guitar and Bass Player, but with no charting experience, but has started to learn to chart customs. I will add everyone to his message to the CRC. I think he would be a great addition to the CRC, What do you guys think. Looks like he is part of the championship area also.

Later, Terry

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

wow, this group grows bigger and bigger, that's great. Actually 50 members now.

Would be nice to see KJParsley here, too.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Hi, Guys

Looks like we have a new Member in the CRC-Social Group, KJParsley, It looks like he is a Guitar and Bass Player, but with little charting experience. So welcome KJParsley to The Classic Rock Coalition.

Later, avdocatwork aka: Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

I have added a live voice chat link to the front page of the CRC Social Group. All you need is a Mic on your PC. I have a set of headphones with Mic attached. I will get one for work and maybe will be available for live chat M-F, There even, may be video, but I haven't checked it out yet.

Later, Terry

Update: I can't get my mic to work, The Rocksmith cable has taken over the mic settings and my headphone mic is not detected. If it's not one thing with these PC's it's another, trying to get it to work, and it's never easy.

Later

Where is this chat app thing, and I think you need to just add your Mic or the Stereo Mixer to the available recording devices. 

Jerry

Hi, Jerry

The website dropped the link so I took it down. Once I get the mic responding, I will try it again. I was thinking of adding a sound card to the PC. I have a bunch of them just sitting around getting old.

Later, Terry

Terry,

I added a sound card to my pc a while back and, to be honest, the standard onboard Windows audio controller was better.  I think my sound card was about $70 on Amazon, so it wasn't a real high end one.  The problem I had was the volume of the sound card was a lot lower than Windows audio.  The audio might have been a tiny bit better with the card, but not enough to really notice.  Just a thought.

Steve,

I did get a new speaker set up for my PC, I play Rocksmith on, one of those 3 speaker system jobs with the extra Bass booster box. But haven't really played it much, I like playing Guitar with headphones on. Will have to play with the speakers someday while everyone's away crank up some Metallica on them and test them out good. I was going to throw in a sound card just to see if I can get another mic setup running.

I also have 4 Beach Boys tunes almost ready, Just in time for Summer - used the audio MP3's off The Beach Boys - The Sounds of Summer Album - 2003 Remaster.

The Beach Boys - California Girls - L, R, B & V

The Beach Boys - Kokomo - L, R, B & V

The Beach Boys - Help Me Rhonda - 1965 - L, R, B & V

The Beach Boys - Wouldn’t It Be Nice - L, R, B & V

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Now that I have a bit of time, I'd like to say hello, and thanks again for the welcome.  I have to say this is one hell of a community here!

I have a bit of a background in music from my youth days (in a galaxy far, far away and long, long ago).  Having retired some time ago, I decided to indulge my latest mid-life crisis last year to start up again with guitar and found Rocksmith and subsequently this community.  Within a few months I acquired 2 guitars, a bass guitar and an electronic piano (at least one of which was a "present" for my better half) and I have now pretty much kicked our business pursuits out of my office and have been setting up my "studio" man-cave.

I'd love to help out where I can, but I'm afraid my experience level is going to limit my contributions to trolling in order to learn, an occasional "Ra - Ra" here and there, and maybe some testing as my ear is much better than the muscle memory in my fingers. Maybe I can help out with some of the "mundane" stuff if anybody has any ideas?

Jeez, I'm rambling again, so I'll wrap it up here.  Thanks again, love the work you guys have been doing!

• Like 4

Hi, Guys

Got four new customs put together. If anyone want's to give them a try.

The Beatles - All My Loving - 1963 - L, R, B & V 

The Beatles - And I Love Her - 1964 - L, R, B & V

The Beach Boys - Help Me Rhonda - 1965 - L, R, B & V

Terry Played these and they sound great! Nice work, looking forward to the beach boys!!!

Jerry

Ok, so I just found out that we moved lol. Been MIA but I chucked this one together the other night. Went by fast I say probably an hour to do. Let me know of issues I think bass is right

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Ea9vdU9--jbTF2ZFB1dGhtWkk/view?usp=sharing

Torrk,

Bass plays fine here. 

Jerry