New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

Hi, Steve

I attempted In A Big Country, I was never so happy to get to the Rhythm Path, after that Lead Path, then I see the tempo on the Rhythm Path at 100 mph. Wow what a work out. Charting very good and sync is good, when I was able to hit the right notes - I could tell they blended into the right spots when I was able to keep up. You just may want to tweak the songs volume level and Guitar volumes a little to match them up. I bet that song was a beast to put together !

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Yeah, Sheik Yerbouti is definitely a great album but it's a lot longer, more complex and while the songs tend to transition into each other they are still more distinct from each other than on "We're Only In It For The Money". I hope I can make some songs from Sheik Yerbouti as well eventually but without proper tabs for guitar parts I might be struggling if I can't manage to transribe it myself. There song books for "Hot Rats", "Over-Nite Sensation", "Apostrophe" and "One Size Fits All", so there's some stuff I can work with for sure. Everything else will be a lot more work without any help on transcribing the guitar parts.

• Like 1

Fripp and Aludog,

Thanks for the good advice on the tone.  Will let you know how they work out. 

And sorry, I'm no help transcribing from scratch with Frank Zappa.  I could do it, but we would be using Rocksmith 2025 by the time I was done.

• Like 1

Terry,

Thanks for playing In a Big Country.  I agree, the rhythm is a lot more fun than the lead.  The lead is a lot harder than it looks on paper.  I'll go back and look at those song and tone volumes.  Sometimes the volume tweaks all start to sound the same, like when you make chili and by the time you're done, you've tasted it so much, you can't even tell if the end product is good or not.

• Like 1

Hi, Steve

On the way into work this morning I stopped at the 7-11, got back into the car and the first song that came up on the radio was it's a big country, turned it up and listened closely to it. I could barely hear the Rhythm Guitar, I figure that's the way the song is suppose to be, that bag-pipe Guitar sounding Lead stands out more than the Rhythm for sure.

I am getting closer to finishing The Beatles song - Hard Day's Night, going through it with a fine tooth comb, on Lead & Rhythm Paths, It is defiantly different than the one already posted on CF, Plan on going out and buying the Re-Mastered CD of the Album here soon and use the CD's audio for the Beatles tunes.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Terry,

The rhythm part is hard to hear on In a Big Country and so is a lot of the lead.  The Hal Leonard book had it tabbed out from what you can hear, and when I compared it to the multitrack in Audacity it was way off.  Without the multitrack, I would never have done this song because I could tell the tab was way off just from listening to it.

Good luck on the Beatles.  Better to have multiple versions posted and people decide which they like.

• Like 1

Hi, Steve

I have heard you use the term multitrack before. What is a multitrack?

I do have the Audacity program in my PC. I think the only thing I have done with it is to splice MP3's apart or together.

I am on the last 30 sec. of the Rhythm Path on Hard Day's Night, last of the tracks to be completed. Then do some touch up's and finally be done with it. I used the book called - Recorded Versions Guitar - on this Beatles tune.

Later, Terry

Hey Terry,

The multitrack of a song has all the parts of a song broken up into seperate tracks.  The different guitars, drums, vocals, etc. will all be on different tracks so you can listen to each individual instrument.  They come in a couple different formats, but the ones I've used have been .mogg files.  You can open them in Audacity and then edit them as normal. 

This is the only place I know of to find them: http://multitrackdownloads.blogspot.com/

• Like 2

Hi, Guys

I finally have the Beatles tune - A Hard Day's Night Completed if any one wants to give it a try out. I used the tab book - Recorded Versions Guitar, and audio came from the re-mastereThe Beatles - 1962-1966 CD-1.

We now have 29 Members and Guests in The CRC Social Group.

Later, Terry

Edit: I played the Lead and Rhythm Paths - I can hardly believe how close the charting and Guitar tones are to sounding like The Beatles, I think it's awesome. There are a few spots that need work and polishing up, but all and all one of the best I have charted. I guess I am finally getting the hang of this charting Customs thing. And all the GuitarPro files for the song are all pretty much junk compared to what I have Charted here, on A Hard Day's Night. I went and bought The Beatles (Remastered) 1962-1966 CD set, today also got the CD album Stevie Ray Vaughan Greatest Hits Vol. 2, planning on doing some more SRV.

• Like 2

Steve. 

Big Country Bass,, holy shit, feel like i just ran my finger tips across a band sander.. What a great chart, I give it a huge thumb up, there is only one spot where on open E is a bit out of sync just One note lol, about 3/4s of the way through, in my opinion I'd leave it.. at the speed you have to play this the left over distortion will pick it out lol.. Well done! And thanks for another blast down Memory Lane! 

Terry, 

Hope you are all drying out and doing better over there in the Great State of Texas. Played Hard Days Night, Beautiful job, plays superbly!!! If the guitars are on par with this bass track I think you have a solid winner here!! great to play this awesome song!! 

Jerry

PS: finally think i have the New rig sorted out, was nice to play a bit today! Have a great week guys! 

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I've put together a test version of Zappa's Camarillo Brillo (L,R,B,V).

The tones were as tricky to make as I thought but I think I got them close. The filter tone is not that different from the lead tone, tbh, but it kicks in whenever piano or saxophone phrases are to be played and sounds a bit smoother with different settings and a tremolo pedal in front of the amp. Also, I advise using the bridge pickup position for the lead part. It's quite obvious that Zappa used it as well.

Let me know what you think.

• Like 1

You're welcome, Jerry. Transcribing the bass was fucking hard, at least at the end because it was so difficult to hear, even after eq'ing it.

Thankfully I managed to do it and it came out great. Working out how to play it in the most comfortable way was another matter however but I think I found a good solution. My first test run was already 99%, so... :D

• Like 1

Yeah. Roger Dean is an awesome artist. His style is so iconic, I have a lot of his paintings as wallpapers in constant rotation. :lol:

Same here, I've got about 25 of his paintings set up as wallpapers that change every 30 minutes.

• Like 2