Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 59

Mortalo

I hate to do it, but it looks like I have to. That's really unfortunate what happened, but it is right thing to do:

Rise Against the Machine - Killing in the Name of - is closed. Scores, that were posted after song went official, are not counted (this includes scores from official dlc posted before this post came alive). Amazing Master Mode 100% will be honorably mentioned, but as more experienced Organizers mentioned, that's the way it should be done.

My heart breaks to do it, but yup, it had to be done.

RATM no more :(

• Like 3

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Anyone who scored on RATM does not have to score on Muse to have this week checked.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@then3verend really awsome scores for 1st runs. Great man

here's my first run on Muse, but any misses included  :(

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/141209/j4nr4osh.jpg

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@Shiroo It's still the most difficult bass song.

@@Rodman I think that you should listen to @@MaZtoR, and not include RATM in your rankings. We want to be as fair with other participants as we can (fair, word of the day).

hah :P I could provide you with MC songs for lead, bass and rhythm :P Next time ;)

we want to see some scores of you  :P

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I've just played the songs, after all, I had download RATM on saturday :D and I got 95%

Just my opinion but, Dropkick's song have the rhythm and lead switched... no way that "lead" is lead, they're just chords... and could be this weeks BEG and its "rhythm" could be this weeks INT LEAD OR ADV LEAD. And for Warrant's song, to me, feels MC song, because I don't dominate that arpeggio technic very well.

So:

http://i61.tinypic.com/3147amq.jpg

and

http://i58.tinypic.com/11b2240.jpg

• Like 1

@@then3verend really awsome scores for 1st runs. Great man

here's my first run on Muse, but any misses included  :(

Yeah I've really come a bit into learning the theory behind a few genres of music, I had to actually count a few times for my score on MC Bass

Many nice scores on all songs :)

I hate to do it, but it looks like I have to. That's really unfortunate what happened, but it is right thing to do:

Rise Against the Machine - Killing in the Name of - is closed. Scores, that were posted after song went official, are not counted (this includes scores from official dlc posted before this post came alive). Amazing Master Mode 100% will be honorably mentioned, but as more experienced Organizers mentioned, that's the way it should be done.

My heart breaks to do it, but yup, it had to be done.

RATM no more :(

I'm disappointed, but that's probably the best way to handle it ... just really bad luck on the timing of the official DLC being released this week!

To all of the players of the unofficial Killing in the Name of, especially you awesome dudes with 100% and/or 100% in Master Mode ... I hereby use the powers vested in me by no-one in particular to grant you:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h35/Riddle_thorn/plus1internets.jpg

as partial recompense for being unlucky-screwed out of having your scores "count" in the more meaningful way this week.  Sorry, and know that all of your "earned the awe/respect/jealousy of MilkmanDan" points are still 100% intact...

• Like 2

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

One further thing on RATM:

BEFORE buying the new official pack, check out Ubi's versions of the songs in playthrough videos from that riffrepeater site (http://www.theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-2014-dlc-129-rage-against-the-machine/) Here's the bass video from there for Killing in the Name Of:

The chart is way different from the old, now unavailable custom that was selected for this week originally.  I'm not a expert, but it seems inferior to me; less throaty and missing some of the dead/muted notes that I think sound correct and are very helpful to figuring out the groove of the song.  Also, it has a bass tone switch that makes no sense to me; goes from a pretty close match to "uhhh, what?"

On top of that, the official DLC uses a radio profanity edited version of the song.  Which is really stupid, because the entire last half of the song gets rendered as "....you, I won't do what you tell me!" culminating in "mother...", which makes no sense.

...Basically, caveat emptor.  And I know that CustomsForge policy dictates (rightly) that the download options for those old customs that now have official DLC versions have to be pulled from the site.  I understand that and agree with the need for it.  ...But, if anyone reading this missed the download window on the UNofficial custom version and thinks that the official DLC version is, uh, "lacking" for the reasons I mentioned above or any other, that is really quite unfortunate.  I'd recommend that any such person PM me so we can share our frustrations about the situation.  Hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge.

• Like 6

Milkman Dan

BEFORE buying the new official pack, check out Ubi's versions of the songs in playthrough videos from that riffrepeater site

The chart is way different from the old, now unavailable custom that was selected for this week originally.  I'm not a expert, but it seems inferior to me;

Argh....

First of all i think its extremely important to support Ubisoft for everyone here, i buy lots of odlcs myself.

This is the first time, i´m not an expert either, but imho the off version is way inferior on lead guitar too.

While the "main riff" is charted a bit more clearly and playable...  

Nonsense discussion... The cdlc was a very very good piece of work, thx for the effort to all charters here!

I think the way @@Mortalo handled this is heartbreaking, but the only clear way.

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

-= WEEKLY LEADERBOARD UPDATE =-

Leader changes:

@lordlk                                    INT LEAD (heavy heavy heavy competition here)

@@KJParsley joining lead          BEG BASS

@ missis sumner @ punchyrumble @ genobadass @@then3verend sharing lead INT BASS

Great streaks:

@@Azrael 71/100 pts in INT RHY

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

http://i57.tinypic.com/312fgv6.jpg

Have a great week everyone!!!

How come I'm in Advanced Bass twice (13 and 3)?

Might ya be ambidextrous? Once for each hand?

• Like 2

BEFORE buying the new official pack, check out Ubi's versions of the songs in playthrough videos from that riffrepeater site

The chart is way different from the old, now unavailable custom that was selected for this week originally.  I'm not a expert, but it seems inferior to me;

Argh....

First of all i think its extremely important to support Ubisoft for everyone here, i buy lots of odlcs myself.

This is the first time, i´m not an expert either, but imho the off version is way inferior on lead guitar too.

While the "main riff" is charted a bit more clearly and playable...  

Nonsense discussion... The cdlc was a very very good piece of work, thx for the effort to all charters here!

I think the way @@Mortalo handled this is heartbreaking, but the only clear way.

Might be that this should go in a separate thread, but I don't think it is too much of a nonsense discussion.  I 100% agree that Ubisoft deserves lots of support -- in one year of playing Rocksmith I've progressed in skill orders of magnitude more than 15-20 years of me just fiddling around with tabs and trying to teach myself.

Plus, Rocksmith / Ubi does get the charts right / better / more polished in the vast majority of other songs where I've downloaded a custom first and later the same song comes out as official DLC (not to take anything away from the great work done by makers of customs here).

...BUT, in this particular instance, for this particular song, I think it is kind of an exception to that rule.  While listening to that YouTube video of the RiffRepeater guy playing the bass part of the new official DLC for Killing in the Name Of, one of the recommended/related videos that popped up on the sidebar for me was an isolated recording of just the bass part of the song which somebody stripped out of a Guitar Hero file.  Listening to it let me confirm and revise some of my initial problems with the official DLC (bass part anyway):

• The tone switches that are in Ubi's version are technically correct (I can hear them in the isolated bass), but at least in my setup the effects are quite a bit overdone.  So, even though the custom version doesn't tone switch at all, I think it is actually overall a better match to the recording.  Which is unusual, because tones are one place where official DLC usually has an edge over customs.
  • The dead notes / mutes that I noted as being absent from the official DLC are audible in the isolated bass track most of the time, so I think the custom version is legitimately more accurate there.
  • The official DLC has the bass playing a G on the 5th fret of the D string (higher D, not the low dropped D), sustained with tremolo picking, through a long stretch in the finale/outro.  The custom version starts that off as the same G (charted as rapid fire 16th notes instead of tremolo picking), but then moves the pitch up through a few steps in the scale on up to a solid octave.  It really sounds right, in the recording you can hear that pitch going up at the steps indicated in the custom.  ...BUT, listening to the isolated bass, the official DLC is actually correct -- the bass just hammers on that root while it must be the guitar alone that does the shifting up.  Still, I think it is fun to shift up with the guitar like in the custom version.
  • The official DLC charts some notes as being played with a quick shift up the fretboard to high frets on the D (blue) string.  The custom charts the same notes onto the G string (orange).  They both play the same notes, so I can't really say that either version is "right" or "wrong", and I don't know how the RATM bassist plays them.  BUT, for me, playing them as charted in the custom is a LOT easier -- frethand position stays the same instead of having to make quick and precise jumps/shifts.
  • This is subjective, but the use of the radio edit version of the song in the official DLC bothers me.  I know Ubi has to be careful about lyrics to avoid offending ratings boards, advertisers, parents, etc. etc.  BUT, it would be nice if there was a checkbox in the game options somewhere and then song files could encode BOTH a radio-friendly audio track AND the profanity-laced one in songs where necessary.  Hit that checkbox and you get the uncensored version, otherwise you get the default radio-friendly.  I think that would keep the censorship-interested parties AND potty mouths like me all happy.
  • Like 2

Milkman Dan

@@MilkmanDan - wow - if you didnt take a thorough look on that!

Without going into detail on the lead - none is easier on the whole, i got the same acc of 96% yd in the end on both, BUT the cdlc is just more fun to play, the custom tone incl. switch -at my setup- is way better plus - Ubi might have to do because of the rating - the radio edit is just not as good for this song...

I agree - normally, when a cdlc is replaced by a odlc its an improvement.

I dont think that Ubi did a bad job here - i think the cdlc of Killing has just been as good as it gets in terms of custom tone and playability in charting - bravo for that!!!!

• Like 2

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

I wanted to say that they had to use censored due to PEGI, but they are at PEGI 12 with "Bad Language".

It looks like we want see "Welcome To Planet Motherfucker/Psychoholic Slag" by White Zombie as official dlc :P

• Like 2

Intermediate Lead - 88%, 61 streak

Always, one section of wrong C chords. This C chords, they haunt me, it's time to nail them!

• The tone switches that are in Ubi's version are technically correct (I can hear them in the isolated bass), but at least in my setup the effects are quite a bit overdone.  So, even though the custom version doesn't tone switch at all, I think it is actually overall a better match to the recording.  Which is unusual, because tones are one place where official DLC usually has an edge over customs.
  • The dead notes / mutes that I noted as being absent from the official DLC are audible in the isolated bass track most of the time, so I think the custom version is legitimately more accurate there.
  • The official DLC has the bass playing a G on the 5th fret of the D string (higher D, not the low dropped D), sustained with tremolo picking, through a long stretch in the finale/outro.  The custom version starts that off as the same G (charted as rapid fire 16th notes instead of tremolo picking), but then moves the pitch up through a few steps in the scale on up to a solid octave.  It really sounds right, in the recording you can hear that pitch going up at the steps indicated in the custom.  ...BUT, listening to the isolated bass, the official DLC is actually correct -- the bass just hammers on that root while it must be the guitar alone that does the shifting up.  Still, I think it is fun to shift up with the guitar like in the custom version.
  • The official DLC charts some notes as being played with a quick shift up the fretboard to high frets on the D (blue) string.  The custom charts the same notes onto the G string (orange).  They both play the same notes, so I can't really say that either version is "right" or "wrong", and I don't know how the RATM bassist plays them.  BUT, for me, playing them as charted in the custom is a LOT easier -- frethand position stays the same instead of having to make quick and precise jumps/shifts.
  • This is subjective, but the use of the radio edit version of the song in the official DLC bothers me.  I know Ubi has to be careful about lyrics to avoid offending ratings boards, advertisers, parents, etc. etc.  BUT, it would be nice if there was a checkbox in the game options somewhere and then song files could encode BOTH a radio-friendly audio track AND the profanity-laced one in songs where necessary.  Hit that checkbox and you get the uncensored version, otherwise you get the default radio-friendly.  I think that would keep the censorship-interested parties AND potty mouths like me all happy.

As the guy who has 100% in MM on both, while I like both versions, I think the ODLC is the superior chart in terms of correctness, people want to play Rocksmith to learn the actual song, not 95% of the song.

This post is just for the sake of argument, I feel like there is a lot of hate on the ODLC

• IMO I cannot really tell much of a difference on the tones, I used my fender Bass, and Dean and Epiphone guitars to see, Not much i can tell.
  • That's what the open Low D on the official track is supposed to be, and i dont hear the open A's anywhere on the song,
  • Play it then and screw the score(Unless playing competitively?)
  • Transpose it then?
  • As a bassist, you should be listening to the drummer, not the vocalist :P

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Might already be my final score this week, I'm spending more time on a private challenge of mine right now :-)

Intermediate:

Lead: 98.11%

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=354121290

I started with the championship today and did not yet look at "Fuck you I won't do what you tell me!". Luckily I downloaded it early enough... so I hope I will have time to enjoy "Motherfucker!" on another occasion. I understand that they have to do this censorship to keep their rating, but (and it felt the same way with the official System of a Down DLC I bought for real money) it does take a whole lot of fun away from playing it inside Rocksmith.

... so what's next? Buckethead... let's see..

• Like 2

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

open chord practice..... alright ... needed and welcome!

http://i60.tinypic.com/2zei2ir.jpg

Finally broke 90 on Uncle Tom's Cabin!

http://i.imgur.com/Rb4LyAM.jpg

I also gave Bliss a try. Never played it before, but I know the song super well, as Muse is one of my favourite bands~

http://i.imgur.com/fcuzaTB.jpg

• Like 4

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

Finally stopped that SA sucker from killing me ;)

http://i57.tinypic.com/28vwxd.jpg

• Like 1

denied on the 90ies....

http://i62.tinypic.com/seodg5.jpg

... i´ll be back

thanks @@Shiroo , great song

Thanks again for choosing my song. If you like it, i'm more than happy ! :)

The question about the single notes and chords, lead an rhythm. The thing about the song is,

it only has the 'lead' part, which are the chords. The single notes are mostly played live and therefore

it is ~completely different arrangement so I decided to add it as rhythm, because noone ever checks 

'bonus arrangements'. But if the song should be correct, it would only have 'lead' arrangement and no

rhythm. I added the rhythm, for the CDLC to be a little bit more interesting.

Also I have to say this song was real pain in the ass and I've made it, like 3/4 a year ago. Another 

thing is, I had to redo it like 40 times :D So I have no clue if it is playable. I haven't played this in a decade.

So if there's anything let me know. I will try to fix any major issues as soon as possible.

And you can always count on my songs in the future, I'm more than happy to provide them. I'm just sorry

I don't have the time to play with you guys :P

Cheers

• Like 4

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !"