Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 56

Mortalo

The Beautiful People turns out to be the hardest bass chart this week haha. Having trouble with the recognition it seems?

Ahhh the BeeGees.

http://i.imgur.com/rOEaLP3.png

Metallica! :)

http://i.imgur.com/6rlIpzn.png

Babymetal Attempt 1

http://i.imgur.com/abHzxQn.png

Attempt 2! :)

http://i.imgur.com/6AtOvlP.png

I hate tuning my A, D and G more than a half step down, but hopefully I can pull through it.

Also in Akatsuki, it seems there is a bass solo missing from the chart? (About 3/4 of the way through the chart)

• Like 7

i might be the only one here who actually lived through disco. just when i thought i was out................

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/544135968718644040/C3EABFB74D4B30577FB5D12A9834B71709F6B991/

nay you are not ..  I was in first year university when disco got rolling ..  fav t-shirt back then  =  disco sucks  

shit I just flashed back on Disco Duck ..

• Like 4

http://i.imgur.com/smviWUO.jpg?1

Screwed up the 7s the first time around, but got them the second, so I 100%ed in spirit. Feels really easy for an Intermediate song. Even though the 7 chords are a little advanced for beginners, there's only one weird chord shape in the whole thing. Would go with 2 or 3 for difficulty.

@@Blazikiller : Damn dude, killer scores! How long you been playing for?

• Like 3

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

@@Blazikiller : Damn dude, killer scores! How long you been playing for?

Thanks man! I got my bass in 6th grade, so I've had it for 6 years, but have only been taking it seriously and really improving in about the last two. I got my guitar 4 years ago and similarly only really got into it about 2 years ago :)

Had a few attempts where I only missed one note and it was a double stop with a slide that I had difficulty getting through. Then I missed a stupid note at the end that I should've hit on a good run about 30some notes from the end.

http://i.imgur.com/QXnMHSn.png

But then I got it! Not very great accuracy in terms of score, but 100% notes at least.

http://i.imgur.com/NRXKJyV.png

Now I can tune my bass back to standard.

• Like 6

Got lots of free time today, so I finally got around to 1st tries on all the songs for bass:

Beginner:

2014-11-17_133527.jpg

Not a big fan of the song, and the tone is pretty bad.  The chart seems to leave a lot out of the bass part also...  Anyway, I think once was enough.

Intermediate:

2014-11-17_131326.jpg

My selection!  Hope nobody goes too berserk from disco exposure...  I'm not really into the genre, and I think the song is merely OK to listen to.  But, I find it very fun to play the bass part.  Hope others agree on bass, or guitar also!

Video -

First try after having it selected this week, and beat my personal high score.  Can't complain about that!

Advanced:

2014-11-17_133054.jpg

Not a bad 1st try, I'll see what I can muster with more practice.

Master Class:

2014-11-17_132153.jpg

Was really tempted to pass on this song, but decided I'd better do it once to maintain diehard status.  Almost gave up again when I saw the tuning.  Then I loaded it up, and ... I think I made it almost a minute into the song before I turned off my speakers and just played deaf.  Babymetal and MilkmanDan don't mix.

• Like 7

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

http://i.imgur.com/smviWUO.jpg?1

Screwed up the 7s the first time around, but got them the second, so I 100%ed in spirit. Feels really easy for an Intermediate song. Even though the 7 chords are a little advanced for beginners, there's only one weird chord shape in the whole thing. Would go with 2 or 3 for difficulty.

I think that making the chords sound like they should is Intermediate task indeed, but Rocksmith's recognition is not great, as it sees no difference in muting and not, so it ends up easy to pass this song.

If we will declare Night Fever lead as beginner level, then all 99+% players will be able to pass on leveling to Advanced class. But I need more tries to be able to speak for myself.

• Like 3

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Intermediate Lead - 95.31%, 60 streak

I gave this song 4, and I think that I can stay with that. I think that I was way better in sounding correct then in my previous try, still I expected to get way better score, so maybe it ain't that simple after all.

Another Metallica trivia - Metallica's late bass player - Cliff Burton - was big Cthulhu fan and he introduced it to Hetfield. That resulted in Call of Ktulu and The Thing That Should Not Be. After 20 years Metallica will be back with All Nightmare Long.

Intermediate Rhythm - 95.51%, 115 streak

Advanced Bass - 98.12%, 298 streak

I had really poor start, but I didn't wanted to restart.

• Like 3

A: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=343144028

I reckon beginner bass players should have a go of the advanced track... it's pretty simple if you riff repeat the last 5 phrases in learn a song until nailed you've pretty much learned the whole song as 3 of those 5 phrases are repeated through the start 'til you hit the little arpeggio or, what I'd like to call in this instance, "THE SOLO" :D. That little arpeggio actually gives me a sense of rock goddery when playing this track. It's my favourite bit but sadly it's a bit of a snore fest at the start. It reminds me of a club I used to go to in the 90's called the Krazy House (it's still open, full of kids... or "me, 20 years ago") This track would come on and circles of guys in face paint like kiss would fold their arms across their chest in an X and do the devil horns \m/ and REEEEEEEALLY SLOWLY mosh :)... was hilarious... more stories from grandma later :)

• Like 7

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

I would like to thank you for picking my song again :P I dont have any time to play right now so Im only watching the scores :P

about the bass arrangement of Akatsuki, Yes, it is totaly improvised chart, because no tab exist to it, so i did something that would merely close to the original. Also the guitar tab is a manual transcribe from ascii tab so it is not perfect i am aware of that. 

Nevertheless thanks again and I would highly appreciate if anyone really good would make a playthrough of Akatsuki on guitar. Those solos are dope and I would like to see any skilled guitarist play them :)

Cheers guys :) 

• Like 4

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

@@Shiroo thankyou for the chart, props on putting that together the bass line is indeed resplendent... But I did have a moan about the tuning and tone and apologise for that. Might just be my old ears can't process the awesome :( always enjoy your charts when they appear in the comp though :)

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

@@Shiroo thankyou for the chart, props on putting that together the bass line is indeed resplendent... But I did have a moan about the tuning and tone and apologise for that. Might just be my old ears can't process the awesome :( always enjoy your charts when they appear in the comp though :)

yes the tuning is quite the pain in the ass. I'm well aware of that. But hey, what we gonna do ? :D BOH - bassist plays on 5string basses and with this tuning it is the only way to play the songs. (guitars are also 7strings) So that the reason for the tuning. And the tone. Yeah it might be bad, im not sure. I dont have bass at the moment so I cant test the tone out, because emulated bass doesnt produce tone. :( So sorry :/

• Like 1

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

Ah that 'splains it. I think I can put up with settling to the down tune rather than purchasing another bass with an extra string... Though now I want a 5 string... Damn yooooo @@Shiroo :D

• Like 2

I think that making the chords sound like they should is Intermediate task indeed, but Rocksmith's recognition is not great, as it sees no difference in muting and not, so it ends up easy to pass this song.

o with 2 or 3 for difficulty.

If we will declare Night Fever lead as beginner level, then all 99+% players will be able to pass on leveling to Advanced class. But I need more tries to be able to speak for myself.

I didn't find it hard to get these chords to sing true. Almost every chord in the song has a half note rest minimum before it, which gives you tons of time to orient your hands. Most of the chords are just your basic major barres, and while a 7 isn't a beginner chord, it's definitely not advanced, either. Opinions!

Calling Night Fever a 4 means it's in the top 60% of difficulties, and I strongly feel this isn't the case. I consider myself an intermediate player, but I'm still really confident that I'll probably 100% it if I play it again. And I'm anything but a disco guitarist, so I can't chalk it up to genre advantage like with Little Monster! :P

I don't think I earned graduation with this song, I'd like to aspire to getting 97+ for another two weeks before I'd feel okay with it.

• Like 5

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

o with 2 or 3 for difficulty.

I didn't find it hard to get these chords to sing true. Almost every chord in the song has a half note rest minimum before it, which gives you tons of time to orient your hands. Most of the chords are just your basic major barres, and while a 7 isn't a beginner chord, it's definitely not advanced, either. Opinions!

Calling Night Fever a 4 means it's in the top 60% of difficulties, and I strongly feel this isn't the case. I consider myself an intermediate player, but I'm still really confident that I'll probably 100% it if I play it again. And I'm anything but a disco guitarist, so I can't chalk it up to genre advantage like with Little Monster! :P

I don't think I earned graduation with this song, I'd like to aspire to getting 97+ for another two weeks before I'd feel okay with it.

I agree with Gamut here on this, Night Fever is not difficult at all and to be put in category of 4 seems a bit too high. These chords are supposed to be one of the first thing a guitarists learns. Yes they are difficult at first but they are not impossible. As Gamut said there is a lot of time between most chords on this song so it gives ample time to position your hands before you strum the chord. I am sorry for those who can't do the chords correctly but to place this as an intermediate difficulty is something i wouldn't agree with. This song should force people to wake up and realize that they need to practice chords if they can't play this song well. You can't be a great guitarist if you don't know how to play chords. Wether they are barre chords or standard chords, if you play in intermediate normally and can't play this song you need to focus on learning chords and stop everything else. Chords are a fundamental part of guitar and must be learned in order to become a better guitarist. Playing only powerchords and single note songs does not make one a guitarist. 

There are 2 mini games that are a hell of a lot of fun that will help you with chords and I suggest all beginners take time to play them so that can learn them. They may seem scary at first but with practice they will become second nature, you guys just have to take the time to learn them. All of the best lead guitarists are all able to play chords because its one of the first things you are supposed to learn. 

My opinion of the difficulty of Night Fever is it should either be a 2 or 3 max. Its a slow song which very few chords and they all repeat over and over. The 7th is just removing one finger off a fret from a Major/Minor chord which is very very simple. I position my fingers first in the Major/Minor position and then as the time comes to play it I just remove the required finger that needs to be removed. There is no extremely fast switching in this song like in many many others if there was then maybe I would give it a 4. 

• Like 4

Don't be mean to the Chord impaired people like me with your difficulty score on Night Fever.  Just a few weeks ago i would not even be able to pass 50% on that song.  Barred chords take time to learn. And you need to strengthen your fingers to.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/NightFever9062_zpse8b6acb8.jpg

I'm happy with that score so far.

• Like 3

@@Gamut, @@Joey That's all what I need :) I honestly wanted to bend the nature so this song could stay as proper Intermediate song, but I'm not good enough Druid to do so :)

Bee Gees - Night Fever lead is 2 now. Every Intermediate participant who does not want to advance do Advanced class, after scoring 99+%, say and I will listen.

Playing on guitar is not simple, and songs are not simple as well. Most of this guys are capable of playing more difficult songs, even if they do not do it. I always seek songs that are as simple as it gets, but there is not many of them.

• Like 4

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

really don't like it. Score Attack is unplayable for me without practicing the solos for hours.

In RR I play the intro sometimes without missing one note, but in SA it sucks, getting 1 or 2 Xses, sometime 3 and game over :angry:

this was my last run in lead path of this song, no more wasting my time

http://s14.directupload.net/images/141117/pkjbiesk.jpg

hope the bass is better

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@Gamut, @@Joey That's all what I need :) I honestly wanted to bend the nature so this song could stay as proper Intermediate song, but I'm not good enough Druid to do so :)

Bee Gees - Night Fever lead is 2 now. Every Intermediate participant who does not want to advance do Advanced class, after scoring 99+%, say and I will listen.

Playing on guitar is not simple, and songs are not simple as well. Most of this guys are capable of playing more difficult songs, even if they do not do it. I always seek songs that are as simple as it gets, but there is not many of them.

This is good for the competition as it forces players who normally wouldn't try these songs to try them and it also lets them see where they are as a guitarist. I am not trying to put anyone down by stating what I said, I am just merely trying to make people aware that they need to step outside their comfort zone if they want to become a good guitarist. I will give an example here. Imagine for a second that playing guitar was like baseball and the player being the pitcher. Pitchers have to practice all types of pitches to be a good pitcher and they practice for years before they even make it to the majors. Imagine a pitcher who only knew how to throw a 96 MPH fastball.... sure that one pitch may take him into the majors but if he doesn't have other pitches he can rely on, once the hitters get used to his 96MPH fastball the pitcher is done and the batters will be belting home runs off him every pitch(exaggeration I know but just for an example). Now take that same pitcher and teach him how to maintain his fastball but add a few curveballs/sliders/changeups into the mix and all of a sudden the pitcher just became a menace to all the batters. 

Its the same idea with guitar. You can be a great lead guitarist and bust out impressive solos on the fly and play scales like no ones business but what if someone asks you to play a song with a few basic chords and you can't? Now you look like a inexperienced guitarist because you can't do something that most guitarists can do with ease. Another analogy is it being like a baby trying to run before it learns how to walk. 

Point i am trying to make is everyone needs to practice what they want to learn and guitar is no different. If you want to be an accomplished guitarist there is no way around learning chords so seeing a song with an abundance of them is great in my opinion and should be something that people want to see so that it helps them learn what they need to learn. 

And just to emphasize this: PLAY THE MINI GAMES, they will help you develop the chord skills every guitarist needs. 

TLDR i know but blah. 

• Like 7

This is good for the competition as it forces players who normally wouldn't try these songs to try them and it also lets them see where they are as a guitarist. I am not trying to put anyone down by stating what I said, I am just merely trying to make people aware that they need to step outside their comfort zone if they want to become a good guitarist. I will give an example here. Imagine for a second that playing guitar was like baseball and the player being the pitcher. Pitchers have to practice all types of pitches to be a good pitcher and they practice for years before they even make it to the majors. Imagine a pitcher who only knew how to throw a 96 MPH fastball.... sure that one pitch may take him into the majors but if he doesn't have other pitches he can rely on, once the hitters get used to his 96MPH fastball the pitcher is done and the batters will be belting home runs off him every pitch(exaggeration I know but just for an example). Now take that same pitcher and teach him how to maintain his fastball but add a few curveballs/sliders/changeups into the mix and all of a sudden the pitcher just became a menace to all the batters. 

Its the same idea with guitar. You can be a great lead guitarist and bust out impressive solos on the fly and play scales like no ones business but what if someone asks you to play a song with a few basic chords and you can't? Now you look like a inexperienced guitarist because you can't do something that most guitarists can do with ease. Another analogy is it being like a baby trying to run before it learns how to walk. 

Point i am trying to make is everyone needs to practice what they want to learn and guitar is no different. If you want to be an accomplished guitarist there is no way around learning chords so seeing a song with an abundance of them is great in my opinion and should be something that people want to see so that it helps them learn what they need to learn. 

And just to emphasize this: PLAY THE MINI GAMES, they will help you develop the chord skills every guitarist needs. 

TLDR i know but blah

Because of this tournament, i've learned and become more comfortable with Barre Chords, probably my biggest flaw in my guitar playing skills, Ive also gotten really good in Standard E, I've played mostly in Drop D for the last 2 years.

As far as recognition goes, large heavy picks seem to detect chords better than small ones, although thats just from my personal preference. Also it seems the better quality pick ups make a difference too. My $400 Dean Razorback misses a lot less than my $80 Epiphone

• Like 1

Many nice scores on all songs :)