Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 56

Mortalo

Just my 2cents about the Bee Gee song....

As you guys already noticed, I'm terrible playing chords and I got 97.65% on the 2nd run of that song.

I totally agree with everything that @@Joey said, and imho, the song should be a beginner song, cause there's no way I could get the same score on a IM song like all the other IM songs we've been playing in the last weeks.

My rating to that song would be a 2, max.

P.S.: I forgot to say that I'm enjoying a lot playing the song.... in the end the wrist still hurts a little but much less than 1 or 2 months ago when I played a similar type of song/arrangement.

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

http://s14.directupload.net/images/141117/azxopcna.jpg

any wrong notes, esp in the later solo part :(

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Finally got back to my full sized bass, after a weekend of U-bass.  I think I may be able to do a bit better on this, I'm just struggling to know what I'm supposed to be playing at the moment (because I don't know the song):

(The Beautiful People - Bass - 98%)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKVjhmOHRXTVRlRW8/view?usp=sharing

This one, however, I know quite well :).  I've been sitting on 99% with it for about a month, and this competition has finally given me the push I've needed to get it right:

(Night Fever - Bass - 100%)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B49Qq-EFnmrKRElENzR4RTNhOEk&authuser=0

I don't know which of these I'm allowed to enter - off to check the rules! :D

• Like 4

really don't like it. Score Attack is unplayable for me without practicing the solos for hours.

In RR I play the intro sometimes without missing one note, but in SA it sucks, getting 1 or 2 Xses, sometime 3 and game over :angry:

this was my last run in lead path of this song, no more wasting my time

http://s14.directupload.net/images/141117/pkjbiesk.jpg

hope the bass is better

The terrible thing about the custom is that it has SO much sections....i think too many, and it makes it a little bit unplayable on SA, besides the solo is not correctly divided. But i just hope Shiro can fix all of it! 

9A7alLl.jpg

Play them all lol it will get sorted out. Seriously though just play what you want to play and when you start to see your name "grey" in the leaderboard then you know you're not "supposed" to play those songs but everyone should and do normally play them all anyway. 

• Like 3

Leaderboard updated. Some crazy 100 already. Good job!

@@missis sumner Check Championship Class Lists to see where you belong. You will find your name in apropriate column :) But you're free to play them all :)

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/41984609338984533/13AEE6FEACAB99E387C6892EC4B6D062FB4E6CAD/

Missed one flippin' note :( gonna try a couple more times then call it a night.

30 minutes later and 8 false starts and 4 playthroughs no time left to better the score tonight now, however, it sounds a bit nicer now when I'm playing it :)  ONE NOTE! /fizz /fume!

Edited by NoonyDeloony
  • Like 3

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

I think you all appreciate new features for our CDLC that allow us to push the use of Rocksmith even further!

So I would like to draw your attention the tutorial I did on how to add a metronome to your CDLCs as part of a bonus arrangement.

The idea is: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound!

(Spoiler alert: You will sound pretty shitty when you play a song without the original music for the first time :rolleyes: )

I like to think of it as the "low-man's-multitracks" :D

• Like 6

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Than

I think you all appreciate new features for our CDLC that allow us to push the use of Rocksmith even further!

So I would like to draw your attention the tutorial I did on how to add a metronome to your CDLCs as part of a bonus arrangement.

The idea is: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound!

(Spoiler alert: You will sound pretty shitty when you play a song without the original music for the first time :rolleyes: )

Thanks for doing this. it looks like it will be a lot of fun in the future. right now i've got more than i can handle just playing the arrangements. i will get to it soon though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my latest small improvement.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/544135968743849784/2CF2BF8882FEF316BDAA08641C0AC32585D72EB2/

Great!!!

Cant wait for those to hit me.

Thats why i love multitracks, where i am left alone with my questionable sound-output :)

Because making it sound like it should is the thing you should go for (do never give in to the numbers on screen and ignore what your ears tell you) i like to do the following esp. if there is no multitrack:

In mixer i leave git/bass volumes at 100% but reduce music volume to 75(-80) - so whats heard most clearly is the guitar sound output which has to be worked on then...

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Great!!!

Cant wait for those to hit me.

Thats why i love multitracks, where i am left alone with my questionable sound-output :)

Because making it sound like it should is the thing you should go for (do never give in to the numbers on screen and ignore what your ears tell you) i like to do the following esp. if there is no multitrack:

In mixer i leave git/bass volumes at 100% but reduce music volume to 75(-80) - so whats heard most clearly is the guitar sound output which has to be worked on then...

Exactly!

I have set all the volumes in the mixer to 50% and make the guitar louder if I need to. I found the loud "bang" you hear while navigating the menus very annoying, that's why I decided to not only make the music less loud.

But playing with louder guitar and playing only with guitar are still two very different things in my experience... (the background music will still hide some of your messing-up) that's why the metronome feels so important for me.

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Exactly!

But playing with louder guitar and playing only with guitar are still two very different things in my experience... (the background music will still hide some of your messing-up) that's why the metronome feels so important for me.

Exactly - 100% agreed.

Even if i get a 95%+ in MM in any song (meaning i've spent quite some time on it) then go to the real amp for a run its quite often a hard straight fist to the nose...

So in my opinion for everyone esp. on the beginner side like me its absolutely needed to validate the skill on an an real amp / RS session mode without other instruments (just skip), and dont level up to harder songs too soon - which doesnt make u better, but actually worse

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=343534610

Slightly better score not the same note missed either, unlike I previously thought... shittier streak too

:(

• Like 5

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

My scores so far:

I dont know why, but i like to play that one, so i did a master mode score (its a shame i missed 2 chords ;( )

Bee Gees - Night Fever

Don't like to play these two, because my rocksmith just hates to recognize chords in drop d/c. Random misses everywhere..

Manson - Beautiful People

Metallica Thin that Should Never Be

Babymetal coming soon ;) Can't play the solos good enough to not fail in SA.

• Like 3

I unexpectedly that this funny for to play a song, and good sound, and short solo :) Like play it.

http://i.imgur.com/gh6OrK4.jpg

Ps. it seems, if has looked leaderboard score @@then3verend too good for Adv class. I almost sure that you passed easy challenge on Royal Blood - Little Monster (lead), for break your strike 3 week in row. It's not very fair to the others participants, though within the rules.

• Like 4

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=343709813

Done!

I'd post the video but unless you want to sleep for 100 years, I won't force folk to endure the snore fest that really is a parody of it's own name... The thing that should not be... I liked playing it, but to listen to it 20+ times in a row is an arduous task that should be rewarded with a fruit basket and some hot lemons to recover from it.

No MC from me this week... It's way above my ability to play! (I did try a bit of it in RR, honest! I'll enjoy playing it in 6722.4 hours time.)

:)

• Like 4

Hehe, this week I can listen to all Cthulhu Metallica stuff all day long :D Gave birthday present to my bro, fresh new Arkham Horror board game, and we spent whole day unpacking and playing. I've never been in Cthulhu mood before, but it's great fun :)

• Like 5

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Well, I would personally consider Night Fever "as-is" too difficult as a beginner song, and if it were picked I wouldn't be able to play it to a point I was satisfied with. I could play the version with DD lowered to down 66% and the game even recognizes this fine at 100% but playing like that feels kind of cheap. I'm do better with songs with single note melodies that I can riff repeat on verses something that I'd need the strength to barre on. That's why I personally bumped up the difficulty.

Since I'm the only person that's actually placed in beginner and played 5 of the past 6 weeks I put a suggestion in on the song selection spreadsheet. Sorry for the disappointment this week. Everyone else is free to try out songs on @@Mortalo link to the Song Selection List, especially for the ones where I have mine (or ones that didn't have any at all like this one) as maybe they're ranked wrong? I've been doing this ever since the week when we had Californication which was much *harder* than initially ranked and a substitute song was added. 

I kind of felt if I could play something 80-100% then it's a beginner song, 60-80%+ = intermediate, anything less I'm not going to even try to guess. I think I was playing this one in the 70%'s, but looking back now and playing it again I'm doing better than when I first tried it out so I can agree it was probably placed too high, or else I'm just better than I was a few weeks ago. 

I've only been playing guitar entirely on Rocksmith for just shy of a year. I do practice on the Guitarcade, but only have about 100 hours in game total between PC and PC3. So even most of the beginner songs picked for the competition are well beyond the range of a "true" beginner recently starting out to play. I'm amazed at how good I am from even a few months ago though and happy with my progress. I'm an "old man" though and only play for fun. ;)

Back when there was 3 classes of songs, no doubt this was a beginner. But with the addition of the Advanced class between Intermediate and MC that feels like a tougher call of how things are divided. Is a 3 song an Intermediate? Should it be a 4? Anyway. there's always next week!

I agree with Gamut here on this, Night Fever is not difficult at all and to be put in category of 4 seems a bit too high. These chords are supposed to be one of the first thing a guitarists learns. Yes they are difficult at first but they are not impossible. As Gamut said there is a lot of time between most chords on this song so it gives ample time to position your hands before you strum the chord. I am sorry for those who can't do the chords correctly but to place this as an intermediate difficulty is something i wouldn't agree with. This song should force people to wake up and realize that they need to practice chords if they can't play this song well. You can't be a great guitarist if you don't know how to play chords. Wether they are barre chords or standard chords, if you play in intermediate normally and can't play this song you need to focus on learning chords and stop everything else. Chords are a fundamental part of guitar and must be learned in order to become a better guitarist. Playing only powerchords and single note songs does not make one a guitarist. 

There are 2 mini games that are a hell of a lot of fun that will help you with chords and I suggest all beginners take time to play them so that can learn them. They may seem scary at first but with practice they will become second nature, you guys just have to take the time to learn them. All of the best lead guitarists are all able to play chords because its one of the first things you are supposed to learn. 

My opinion of the difficulty of Night Fever is it should either be a 2 or 3 max. Its a slow song which very few chords and they all repeat over and over. The 7th is just removing one finger off a fret from a Major/Minor chord which is very very simple. I position my fingers first in the Major/Minor position and then as the time comes to play it I just remove the required finger that needs to be removed. There is no extremely fast switching in this song like in many many others if there was then maybe I would give it a 4. 

Not much practice tonight - I've been making cider.  And for the Americans on here, I mean real cider :).  Although I did only manage to produce half a litre of apple juice…  I hope my new apple press turns up soon, because I can't cope with only half an hour of Rocksmith!

• Like 2

Well, I would personally consider Night Fever "as-is" too difficult as a beginner song, and if it were picked I wouldn't be able to play it to a point I was satisfied with. I could play the version with DD lowered to down 66% and the game even recognizes this fine at 100% but playing like that feels kind of cheap. I'm do better with songs with single note melodies that I can riff repeat on verses something that I'd need the strength to barre on. That's why I personally bumped up the difficulty.

Since I'm the only person that's actually placed in beginner and played 5 of the past 6 weeks I put a suggestion in on the song selection spreadsheet. Sorry for the disappointment this week. Everyone else is free to try out songs on @@Mortalo link to the Song Selection List, especially for the ones where I have mine (or ones that didn't have any at all like this one) as maybe they're ranked wrong? I've been doing this ever since the week when we had Californication which was much *harder* than initially ranked and a substitute song was added. 

I kind of felt if I could play something 80-100% then it's a beginner song, 60-80%+ = intermediate, anything less I'm not going to even try to guess. I think I was playing this one in the 70%'s, but looking back now and playing it again I'm doing better than when I first tried it out so I can agree it was probably placed too high, or else I'm just better than I was a few weeks ago. 

I've only been playing guitar entirely on Rocksmith for just shy of a year. I do practice on the Guitarcade, but only have about 100 hours in game total between PC and PC3. So even most of the beginner songs picked for the competition are well beyond the range of a "true" beginner recently starting out to play. I'm amazed at how good I am from even a few months ago though and happy with my progress. I'm an "old man" though and only play for fun. ;)

Back when there was 3 classes of songs, no doubt this was a beginner. But with the addition of the Advanced class between Intermediate and MC that feels like a tougher call of how things are divided. Is a 3 song an Intermediate? Should it be a 4? Anyway. there's always next week!

Herein lies the big problem with Rocksmith. It lets the user decide what path they want to take, which is great for the guitarists who know the basics already but for a true beginner it needs to make them follow the correct path. For true beginners to guitar learning to play songs normally comes after you learn the basics of guitar (IE. How to tune your guitar and your basic Major/minor chords). Rocksmith is awesome as it lets players just jam to any song hitting the notes that come on screen but that is not the best way to learn. You have to have a basic concept of chords and should be able to fret barre chords correctly. Barre chords are the hardest chords to learn as they can be complicated and painful but are something that you must learn. The difficulty levels that are in this competition are assuming that the player has at least a grasp on the basics of guitar. There are no shortcuts as i said before it just requires practice. 

• Like 2