sign your own CDLC

masaru

Question

got a lot of song on my RS2014, same on RS1;

official DLC, custom taken here and there from independent charter outside CF, songs from old smithy, ......yes, my library it's a mess!

i like a lot of stuff, and i'm always searching for something new or still unknown to me.

and sometimes i find some really HQ custom, that make me struggling for more...but i don't know who belongs...

in most of the cases i find the charter here on the database and faster than light download everything he/she's got...

but sometimes cannot find a clue bout who or when the CDLC was made...

so, (sorry if it takes so long), i thought it would be handy if the charters signs their own custom.

at the beginning or the end of the song a text with credits.

sounds stupid?

13 answers to this question

Please, no! Leave the lyrics for what they are meant for (lyrics). Or if someone's doing a lesson or exercise, for instructions etc.

There is already a very elegant solution for what you are looking for, but it seems like some charters do not know it yet:

In the Toolkit under "Configuration", you can set your own name as the charter, and that name will then be written into every CDLC you generate.

As a user, you can see this information for example with the help of the RocksmithToTab converter: http://www.rocksmithtotab.de/

It will generate gp5 files, and the charters name can be looked up in the properties of the song (next to artist, album, etc.)

...so: What you are looking for is definitely not stupid, but there are better ways ;-)

• Like 3

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Although that solution isn't horrible, it's still not the most efficient way to go about finding out who made something.  Charters should just put their user name into the filename.  That way all you have to look at is the file itself.

I'd rather do that than have to play the game or convert each file to a GP tab just to find out who made it.

While I accept your opinion, I disagree with it :-)

I prefer my dlc folder as clean as possible, without every charter thinking about how to make their file name look unique.

Anyway, all of this is not a problem, if all the information is stored within the psarc.

The RocksmithToTab program converts all your tabs at once into another folder. And you have the option to set the file names to your liking, e.g. {artist} - {title} - {version} - {tabber}

Then one look into that folder will reveal the information you are looking for.

Moreover, a DLC renamer program is just beeing worked on: https://github.com/Darrken/RockSmithDLCRenamer

Hopefully, it will give you options as well at some point. Then you can rename all of your files in your dlc folder the way you like it, with just one click :-)

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

After spending some time with a cDLC, I may realize notes are not on beats, tone is bad, sync is off, dd works badly, missing bass, vocals.

I come back to customsforge to inform the charter, and I realize I had informed him 2month ago, and he didn't care, and has a hundred similar cDLC...

I would like to know the charter before spoiling 20 minutes to realize the cDLC is worthless.

EOF gives the opportunity in Song Properties to add text, but this text is not displayed in RS2012/14 (with the name of the song). 

Same for the Option "Track/Rocksmith/Popup messages" was not updated to RS2014 version.

When I start to play a cDLC, I start in RR with slow speed. By the time notes are showing up, and lyrics start, I would have time to read who made the chart, which normally makes me think : oh no, not he again, or else, great glad he made this, what else did he do.

For a bad charter, I would put the cDLC in a folder "to be corrected", instead of asking.

I correct cDLC most of my time now, which does not give me much time to work on releases.

So yes, I do sign my cDLC's in lyrics, and inform about other things, like versions, bonus arrangements, adoption, credits to Tabcreators.

But I respect the integrity of lyrics, no mixing with comments.

I can't follow people saying : No don't - :blink:- like some military command.

Yes I do! And those who share my reasoning, please do like I do. B)

• Like 2

There is a relatively new author thing available when creating CDLC. It embeds the authors name in the xml code. This was mainly done so we can tell is someone is reposting someone else's custom. I have signed some of mine in the lyrics others I have not.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

I can't follow people saying : No don't - :blink:- like some military command.

If my comment came across like a military command, then I apologize. I gave a detailed explanation for my opinion to avoid that ;-)

Anyway: A new version of the DLC renamer is out, so be sure to check this thread as well:

http://customsforge.com/topic/11626-dlc-renamer-program-pc-only/?do=findComment&comment=92600

guys thanks for the answers.

i respect the reasons of everyone, but i share the opinion of Tom Sawyer.

to be clear i do not have a problem to manage my library, and if i cannot find the charter i was looking for...well...lucky me there's many others great contributor.

the other day i was playing charlotte sometimes from the cure and while the song was fading (and the CDLC was good and that always gimme a warm feeling) i've read....Jpsy.

weel done jpsy, i thought, let's give him a thanks and keep an eye on his works.

i've found that a great idea, handy for users and deserved for charters.

cannot understand the "integrity of lyrics" someone's talking about...

there should be 2/3 seconds before the beginning of the chart:

metallica

sad but true

by xxxxxxx

simplier than that! and i was not suggesting to update all the old CDLC. i'm not that arrogant.

just throwing a stone in the water to see what other thinks and understand if that's a possibility.

i repeat, not only for me, but above all, for the charter to have proper credit on their work.

I like the idea of using the feature in the tool. I just updated my toolkit to include my name in my songs (didn't even know it was there, and haven't looked at the properties page since I set it up when I started charting).

Also, I opened a psarc in Notepad and the name is in clear text, so you can see the name just by viewing the file. I would prefer to have a tool that allowed us to sort/filter by the name in the file and maybe move all files from the same developer to a different folder. Hopefully one of the new tools will have that feature. If we put the name in the lyrics, notes or popups, then there is no common format and it is unlikely that a tool would ever be able to sort/filter on it. By using the field that already exists in the toolkit, we can at least build tools that can use it.

The big problem as others pointed out, is getting all charters to add their name to their songs. I am starting, so at least there is one more...

• Like 2

Also, I opened a psarc in Notepad and the name is in clear text, so you can see the name just by viewing the file.

When I tried to open a psarc in the latest Notepad++, I just get those weird symbols... could you please explain how you do that?

@@RdBass4

Interesting... but that only seems to work for some files

@@Alex360

I'm always glad when I can make people happy^^

Yes, it looks that way. The first few files I checked had it, but as I checked more files, I found that some do not, including the most recent song that I just packaged myself. It's possible that an older version of the toolkit had that "feature" and it is now gone. So ... not really an option either.