How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

7 minutes ago, dad inside said:

Let me know if I have the right .dll or not

I would also have to know if you are using the newest version of Rocksmith (which you should be using) or the beta justincase version. If you are using the newest version, the .dll that is in the enabler on page 1, in the first post is the correct .dll, which looks like the .dll you have installed.

Since you are saying that there is an error now at start up, personally I think your install is corrupted and should be uninstalled and reinstalled.

Hey, I had CLDC set up with the Cherub Rock method and its all gone now, but when I try to look at the CLDC installer thing it says it has a trojan in it and the DLL is gone. How am I supposed to get DLC working now?

I tried RS+ for all of five minutes before I gave up because its an ad-filled nightmare so I would really like to be able to have custom DLC back in 2014.

I've followed the steps for RSBypass on the Mac version, but can't see any of the custom songs.

- I removed the main program file and clicked on 'Verify Integrity' to download the latest files.

- I adjusted permissions and ran the RUN_PATCH_RS.command. The first time it looked like it was successful. The second time it said that the files had already been modified - I clicked 'n' for the prompt for both files.

- I clicked on the browse button from within Steam to show the related folder.

- I found the DLC folder and added the custom files.

- After loading the game, I do not see the custom songs.

- I removed some of the other DLCs that I previously had and they were removed, so I think I have the correct DLC folder.

Any suggestions for the next steps to get this to work?

Thank you

27 minutes ago, troubled-pasta said:

Hey, I had CLDC set up with the Cherub Rock method and its all gone now, but when I try to look at the CLDC installer thing it says it has a trojan in it and the DLL is gone. How am I supposed to get DLC working now?

I tried RS+ for all of five minutes before I gave up because it’s an ad-filled nightmare so I would really like to be able to have custom DLC back in 2014.

Go back a few days, the whole virus thing has been discussed extensively….

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ballhooter said:

I've followed the steps for RSBypass on the Mac version, but can't see any of the custom songs.

- I removed the main program file and clicked on 'Verify Integrity' to download the latest files.

- I adjusted permissions and ran the RUN_PATCH_RS.command. The first time it looked like it was successful. The second time it said that the files had already been modified - I clicked 'n' for the prompt for both files.

- I clicked on the browse button from within Steam to show the related folder.

- I found the DLC folder and added the custom files.

- After loading the game, I do not see the custom songs.

- I removed some of the other DLCs that I previously had and they were removed, so I think I have the correct DLC folder.

Any suggestions for the next steps to get this to work?

Thank you

Did you watch the new Mac video? If you did it all the way it says, step by step, it should work….

It would help to post evidence on al screenshots of the things which have been modified; then I can compare tomorrow.

• Like 1

I've followed all the steps, downloaded the .dll file, and installed everything in the correct order. But when i try to play the songs, it stays on the amp screen after tuning. I'm not going to download the enabler because I keep getting malware and trojan virus flags. Is there something I can do or another .dll file to install?

I watched the Mac video many times - thinking that I was missing something.

I think I followed each of the steps.

Here are some screenshots.

1. Removed RS File
  2. RSBypass Files
  3. After Verification
  4. Before RSBypass
  5. First run of RSBypass
  6. Second run of RSBypass
  7. After RSBypass
  8. System Info

Still, when I run the program, only the original 6 DLCs are shown - even when I copy the custom songs directly to the dlc folder.

Thank you for your help.

Removed RS File.png

RSBypass Files.png

After verification.png

Before RSBypass.png

First run of RSBypass.png

Second run of RSBypass.png

After RSBypass.png

System Info.png

1 hour ago, Huculberry said:

I've followed all the steps, downloaded the .dll file, and installed everything in the correct order. But when i try to play the songs, it stays on the amp screen after tuning. I'm not going to download the enabler because I keep getting malware and trojan virus flags. Is there something I can do or another .dll file to install?

Using a PC, and not a Mac? Are you running a 32 thread i9 processor?

Where and what .dll did you download?

There is nothing wrong with the enabler, the virus / malware flags are false flags. Go back a couple of pages as the post above yours that Nick Beat posted.

Or read this:

https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/71023-cdlc-enabler-of-23-november-2023-flags-as-virus/

Or this:

https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/70480-how-to-stop-antivirus-from-flagging-customsforge/

4 minutes ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

Using a PC, and not a Mac? Are you running a 32 thread i9 processor?

Where and what .dll did you download?

There is nothing wrong with the enabler, the virus / malware flags are false flags. Go back a couple of pages as the post above yours that Nick Beat posted.

Or read this:

https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/71023-cdlc-enabler-of-23-november-2023-flags-as-virus/

Or this:

https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/70480-how-to-stop-antivirus-from-flagging-customsforge/

I'm running  PC. It's the D3DX9_42.dll i saw reposted on an external cloud site posted on the 23rd, I think. I'm using a AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with a 64 bit processor. When I was about to use the enabler it was giving off severe Trojan warnings so I didn't want to chance it. Is there a reason why it's a false flag?

5 minutes ago, Huculberry said:

Is there a reason why it's a false flag?

Yes. It is the way the Dev encoded it so the .dll goes to the right directory. Go back a couple of pages with the exchange between SandyClawz and Lovrom8 the Dev. He explains it there.

Edit: Blues McGroove posted the link above this post for you.

10 minutes ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

Since it is named wrong (with old), the .exe skips over it. what size is that .dll in Kb and do you have more than one D3...dll in that folder

It's 131 kb. There's no other D3....dll file. I Deleted the OLD part a while ago because I thought that might be the issue

3 minutes ago, Huculberry said:

It's 131 kb. There's no other D3....dll file. I Deleted the OLD part a while ago because I thought that might be the issue

You need Cherub Rock for that .dll to work.

Try this, unzip it, rename it to the correct D3DX9_42.dll (delete the (nocherubrock)), and delete / remove the 131kb version from that directory.

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZJjnk0ZL2Yfc7PPiuk69Yx7JDrOiy7dc5VV

19 minutes ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

You need Cherub Rock for that .dll to work.

Try this, unzip it, rename it to the correct D3DX9_42.dll (delete the (nocherubrock)), and delete / remove the 131kb version from that directory.

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZJjnk0ZL2Yfc7PPiuk69Yx7JDrOiy7dc5VV

Still didn't work unfortunately. I'm not going to lie, I pirated the game with all the DLCs because I can't find anywhere to buy the game digitally. Does that cause an issue?

Absolutely. Thank you for coming clean.

Please read the Guidelines, and FAQ;

Per site rules:

-Before continuing you agree you have a purchased copy of Rocksmith 2014 Remastered

-No piracy, no mentioning piracy-related sites, no crack discussion

If this is the case, that is why neither .dll will work, and you are risking a site ban.