How to Stop Antivirus from Flagging Customsforge?

y2kbug

Question

Hey all! First, I want to preface this by saying: I am aware Customsforge is not a virus. I've looked around the forum seeing a lot of people with the same issue as me, so I got the gist of why the antivirus was flagging CustomsForge to begin with. However, this is a family computer that uses Bitdefender, and in my experience it's been a little harder to get past. Every time I try to get it past the downloading stage (either addressing it in Bitdefender or opening the file), not only do warnings pop up, but it's already deleted the file or parts of the file to "protect me." Is there any way the original file can be modified or packaged differently so it won't do this? It's very insistent on it being a trojan horse.

Alternatively, does the most recent version of CustomsForge just need to be updated so that it no longer shows up as a virus? I am new to Rocksmith/Customsforge and so I don't know if this is an issue whenever a new release comes out. Thanks for any insight!!

2 answers to this question