How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

@ RockRockyRock So… all working now?

With IT issues like this, it is usually best to start with a clean foundation and monitor each step… that way you can be certain which change caused the problem. That makes debugging easy(-er).

If you still have issues we can start from the top.

I'd like to add a backing track to RS2014 with out any notes. When I try to create the BT using EOF the Rocksmith Tool kit requires a .xml file, I created a blank GP5 file with no notes just blank bars used Go Play Along 4, exported the file and added the mp3 to to EOF and imported the .xml from Go Play Along 4 and EOF will except it, but Rocksmith Tool kit does not except the .xml file? Seems like there should be a easy way to do this.

Hello, I have used rocksmith cdlc in the past and have had no troubles with it but I am currently unable to launch the songs I download through rocksmith. The songs pop up and I can make it through tuning, however, it stops from there and my game freezes, it doesn't crash or claim to be unresponsive, it just freezes. I'm not sure where this problem comes from as I have deleted and redownloaded the game, dlc, and cdlc files in hopes to resolve this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

• zanzibarnights changed the title to How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

@ zanzibarnights Two things:

1. I assume the main change was to the DLC enabler? (which, by the way, says November 23 version, but it's only November 22 at present... unless someone did it in another time zone, maybe...) There is other outdated stuff on the first post by Izzy, like references to buying the game, etc.

2. There was some discussion on Discord about the new enabler doing something different due to the defunct nature of Cherub Rock, but it wasn't too clear to follow. I'm wondering whether the new reality (if I understood any of it correctly) is clearly outlined somewhere?

I ask because @ Sniper Reload3d and I have been helping folk out here, and we don't want to lead anyone astray....

Tks

• Like 1

@ Sniper Reload3d Ok, folks, from the Discord announcement:

A breakthrough in CDLC has been released. The new version of the fix no longer requires a DLC to be purchased to play CDLC. This includes the multicore fix as well for 13900K and other high core count CPUs. You can grab the latest here https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/cdlcenabler Additionally, Chainbrain released a video explaining it all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ugO3Ut4P8

The .dll is also available separately here: https://discord.com/channels/133319143339327488/288838977190887424/1176591746084393001

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2023 at 4:13 AM, Sniper Reload3d said:

@ Finex How long ago in the past has it been? If it has been more than a year, you will need to replace the D3DX9_42.dll.

Where do I find that file on my computer as well as the file I need to replace it with? My friend uses cdlc and it works perfectly fine, we both began using it just under a year ago and he's been using it longer but his works just fine.

@ Finex If you go to Use CDLC at the top of the page you get a link to all the information you need.

I'm on a Mac at the moment, but check: C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014 (you should see the .exe, assuming PC, and the .dll).

In any case, make sure you have your CDLC somewhere safe; you can use Steam to uninstall RS, go there, make sure it's all gone if you like, then reinstal it. Put your CDLC back if they aren't in the dlc directory of Rocksmith or a subdirectory of that.

After that, you can get the link to the CDLC Enabler in the Use CDLC explanation, and it will instal the new .dll in the right place.

On 11/26/2023 at 11:11 AM, Nick Beat said:

@ Finex If you go to Use CDLC at the top of the page you get a link to all the information you need.

I'm on a Mac at the moment, but check: C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014 (you should see the .exe, assuming PC, and the .dll).

In any case, make sure you have your CDLC somewhere safe; you can use Steam to uninstall RS, go there, make sure it's all gone if you like, then reinstal it. Put your CDLC back if they aren't in the dlc directory of Rocksmith or a subdirectory of that.

After that, you can get the link to the CDLC Enabler in the Use CDLC explanation, and it will instal the new .dll in the right place.

Be sure to also check "Program Files (x86)" since I believe steam defaults to 32-bit install location instead of 64-bit.

As far as I know, on Mac the CDLC you want to use still have to match an official DOC you have purchased by ID. You can use the RSConvert utility (on GitHub, just search for it) to convert downloaded CDLC to Mac format and replace the ID.

2 hours ago, elvis98 said:

Are you saying there are additional steps?

Correct. Nick is saying you will need to find (purchase from the Steam Store) a(n) (official) DLC song, then use the RSConvert utility he said to find on Github to change the cDLC songs appID/Song ID to the appID/Song ID of the song you that you purchased.

On PC the patch has been updated so that no purchased DLC is required any longer, but I don’t believe that has been done with the Mac patch. (If it had been, they would now just work.)

The PC change we only introduced days ago so you’ve come along in a kind of interim period. But still, it’s not an expensive fix….

https://github.com/glebb/rocksmithconvert

@ Sniper Reload3d Yeah, I just had a chat with the patch author. She wasn't aware that the PC patch had removed the need to have a DLC, and didn't know how they did it. Also, according to her anyone who bought the game 'recently' would have some ODLC so it's not a big deal....

Anyway, situation not too likely to change anytime soon, so, for your reference, on Mac the SOP is to run the CDLC through the RSConvert per the link I shared above, after applying the Sonoma patch.

Btw, I tried to DM you on Discord but for whatever reason you didn't come up. Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing... 🙂