How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

Apologies in advanced if this is duplicative... Using mac and early this year my CDLC wouldnt work (click it and the just freezes) and after much research I gave up. Coming back to see if someone could point me to the right direction or thread on how to get this working again. I really really miss playing!

If you go onto the Discord channel, there is a space dedicated to Mac with pins and the experts arr very helpful and interactive.

That’s your best bet, really, rather than repost it all here. (I have. Mac too, so I fan assure you the problem has a solution.)

• Like 1

Hello,
My CDLC doesn't seem to show up after tuning. I see the sound wave, but nothing else

- I installed the tool linked on the first page of this forum,

- I bought Cherub Rock

- I moved my CDLC on the DLC folder and I see them in rocksmith

Am I missing anything ? I noticed In the video there is a DLL file (D3DX9_42...) we need to manually move. Is this still relevant in 2023 ? If yes, where is the link ?

Thanks ! 

2 minutes ago, Lolo_Abdo said:

DLL file (D3DX9_42...) we need to manually move. Is this still relevant in 2023 ? If yes, where is the link ?

Most definitely relevant today. It should have automatically installed if you ran the DLC enabler that was in the link above the video

https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/cdlcenabler

If that does not work, Nick Beat has made available on his site the .dll. Be sure to thank him for it.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Janttr said:

The Cherub DLC is no longer available on steam. Anyway around this issue?

You will have to buy (any) another (original non custom) DLC (off of Steam) and use Customs Forge Song Manager (if using PC) and change your CDLC APPID or SONGID to the songid to that DLC you downloaded from Steam.

As my colleague @ Sniper Reload3d  pointed out earlier, Cherub Rock is not absolutely essential (I’ve never had it) but there is a little more work involved if you don’t have it.

If you’re on Mac, there’s an alternative utility which will get you where you need to go.

It’s your call which road you take.

Por si les sirve de ayuda para los que tienen PS3   y con juego original RockSmith 2014, comprar una canción en la PlayStationStore para que cree la carpeta DLC dentro del juego. Luego copiar los DLC (en formato para PS3) dentro de la carpeta DLC del juego y funciona. 

En mi caso, PS3 Slim con HEN 4.90  y con  el juego original en disco físico y me lo  actualizó a REMASTERED al conectarlo , luego  compré una canción (no está disponible Cherub Rock... bueno prácticamente no quedan canciones disponibles)   ya que es como crea la carpeta DLC dentro del directorio USRDIR  del juego.

Luego con IRISMAN o con otro Gestor de Archivos para la PS3, se pueden pasar los DLC descargados  y convertidos a formato para PS3 . En mi caso con un USB con formato FAT32  ( ya se puede hacer con formato NFTS  pero "porsiaca"). Copiar de la carpeta del USB (o soporte donde tengan los DLC )  a la carpeta DLC de dentro del juego y funciona

Lo dicho... por si le sirve de ayuda a alguien ya que  después de mucho investigar por todos lados  hasta ir averiguando como lograrlo  esto es lo que  me ha funcionado finalmente  y como no tengo claro si se puede compartir los enlaces  de varios videos de YouTube que son los que me sirvieron de ayuda y por  eso no los he añadido.

Millones de gracias a tod@s los que hacen posible tener tan extenso catálogo de DCL  .

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Duende said:

no está disponible Cherub Rock

Si miras mi publicación anterior, verás que Cherub Rock volvió a estar en la tienda y está disponible para descargar. Fue eliminado prematuramente. Sin embargo, tu publicación será más que útil para aquellos que tengan una PS3 en el futuro, gracias.

If you look at my above post, you will see that Cherub Rock was put back in the store and is available for download. It was prematurely removed.
Your post will be more than helpful to those with a PS3 in the future though, thank you.

• Like 1

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction, I recently bought Rocksmith 2014 (Remastered) on steam a long with The Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock (DLC)

Only just learnt about this forum, where do I download the custom DLCs and the Tool to make them work with  The Smashing Pumpkins - “Cherub Rock (DLC)

Kind

Regards

guitarhero2023

At the top of the page see Ignition4 Search to find CDLC. And again at the top, see Use CDLC for instructions.

If you need help sorting it out, you will get quicker response o our Discord channel (see Discord at top).

• Like 1

On 2/24/2014 at 12:46 PM, dscottintexas said:

Hello all - thanks for the awesome site and content.  I'm pretty new to Rocksmith and want to load up some of the CDLC songs available here - I also look on the Anvil site (also awesome).  Here is my issue.  I've placed the DLL in the proper folder, fired up the RS Toolkit - changed the song from Cherub Rock to the song I purchased - and chose the CDLC song I downloaded.  I have about 6 or so that I would like to use and learn.  The CDLC song shows up in RS2014 as expected in the song menu (but only one at a time - not all of my CDLC files - is this typical?).  When I choose to learn the custom song - RS shows me the tuner - when I finish tuning - nothing else shows up.  The notes never start flying across the screen.  I basically have to ctrl-alt-delete and force RS to close - and then restart.

Any suggestions?  Am I missing something obvious?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

For me, I had to reset my settings to default ones before crashing went away. I think it might be the dynamic difficulty I had to turn back on but I'm not sure. Inverting the strings again worked fine

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on Mac using OS Ventura 13.4.1 and every time after executing the run patch rs command, my Rocksmith immediately says it unexpectedly quit. Amongst all the code is this message:

"Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11"

If anyone has information on how to help my this would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, could anyone help me?

I have Rocksmith 2014 for PC. All CDLCs that I install work normally. I've already downloaded songs from Dire Straits, Helloween, Edguy, even CB2077 Samurai songs, everything works fine, with the exception of the Beatles' songs. Everything I tried to download doesn't appear in the game list. 🥲 Would anyone know the reason and how to resolve it? Thanks! ✌️

Captura de tela 2023-11-02 170302.jpg

When you say that they do t work, what does that mean, precisely?

Without details, I can suggest:

1) make sure they’re in the same folder as other CDLC

2) confirm that they have been set to an app I’d which matches an ODLC you own, whether Cherub Rock or something else.

For #2, CustomsForge Song Manager can patch them on PC and the RSConvert utility can do it on Mac.

6 hours ago, Nick Beat said:

When you say that they do t work, what does that mean, precisely?

Hello, thanks for help. when I said "Everything I tried to download from The Beatles doesn't appear in the games list." I mean that in the "LEARN A SONG" session in the game, the songs do not appear. Other CDLCs does normally

Without details, I can suggest:

1) make sure they’re in the same folder as other CDLC

They are, just like de screenshot I posted above

2) confirm that they have been set to an app I’d which matches an ODLC you own, whether Cherub Rock or something else.

For #2, CustomsForge Song Manager can patch them on PC and the RSConvert utility can do it on Mac.

I just download a file from the ignition4 search and put then on same folder like any other CDLC  *_p.psarc files like I always did. 

Those highlighted in the screenshot should work in the Rocksmith 2014 PC version normally, right?

Captura de tela 2023-11-03 151320.jpg

Missed the screenshot somehow, was on the run?

See no reason they wouldn’t work. I can try them for myself tomorrow and get back to you, too late today…

(I do recall a situation where someone on Windows 12 had issues because somehow the folder was duplicated but don’t remember details. You could try searching the thread while you wait. In most cases someone has already had your problem in the past.)

I have used some by avdocatwork in the past….

I should maybe also ask: PC or Mac?

EDIT: Never mind. I see you said PC. Ok. Will work on this in a while. But as I've used at least one of those in the past, it seems to me it has to be a directory issue or something along those lines.