Dynamic Difficulty Creator

Hmm... I assumed this was common knowledge:

When you use the "import package" function of the Toolkit to unpack a psarc file, and load up the generated xml files of the arrangements in EOF, the difficulty levels would in most cases be completely messed up: The highest difficulty would not contain all the notes, but instead the notes would be "spread" over the various difficulties - overall random notes would be missing. All in all you just couldn't unpack a psarc, edit it in EOF and generate a new psarc without risking the loss of information.

I also assumed that this was exactly the problem we talked about in the Resynchronizer thread and that you fixed it in order to improve the Resynchronizer.

I have no idea if the problem is the Toolkit, the DDC or the EOF...

Anyway I just tested it with one of my customs with DDC 2.5 and 2.6 and the results in EOF are messed up in the same way.

Do you need more information to maybe work on that problem?

After you unpack psarc, remove DD for .xml file and you will have all notes on one difficulty instead of spread out with what looks like "missing notes".   I think the higher the difficulty you go, you only see the notes that are added in that difficulty, i.e. if a phrase is fully leveled up at level 3, nothing will show up when you go to level 4.

• Like 1

When you use the "import package" function of the Toolkit to unpack a psarc file, and load up the generated xml files of the arrangements in EOF, the difficulty levels would in most cases be completely messed up: The highest difficulty would not contain all the notes, but instead the notes would be "spread" over the various difficulties - overall random notes would be missing.

Can you elaborate on the issue? If you're describing what I think you are, it's expected behavior because that's how official songs are written to XML (higher difficulties are additive to the lower ones).

Hi @@raynebc

I think the best way is by looking at an example: Here is one of my own customs:

regular project folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mgwuz2rroc6sb8h/AACRD1_TqpqvwM0cSihDkr5Za?dl=0

psarc unpacked with toolkit and lead xml imported into new EOF project:

Some things to notice:

• time signature does not get imported
  • tone changes do not get imported
  • tech notes seem to be gone completely (e.g. pre-bends in bar #80) exept for tremolo
  • vibrato doesn't get imported (e.g. in bar #78)
  • palm mutes get lost after (higher than) difficulty level 4 (not in all phrases, though)
  • notes seem to build up in difficulty (as expected) until difficulty level 7 BUT only until bar #5: Level 7 has no notes in bars #6 - #9.
  • It seems like once the maximum difficulty has been reached (within one phrase!) the notes disappear in the next higher difficulty level (yes, now I am really certain that this is what's happening. It depends on the phrases and each phrase's maximum difficulty level - and now I realize this is exacly what @@manchot66 has been saying^^)

In another test where I used the original psarc (without DD) and imported it, all the notes showed up. But all the other problems above remain the same. Interestingly, P.M. were gone in most phrases, but not in all of them.

To be precise: In those phrases, where P.M. "survived" until the highest difficulty in the DD test case, P.M. is also present in the NDD test case - and vice versa.

Regards,

Azrael

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

I think the best way is by looking at an example: Here is one of my own customs:

regular project folder:

psarc unpacked with toolkit and lead xml imported into new EOF project:

Those were both the same link. Did you have a link where I could view the unpacked XML files?

time signature does not get imported

The time signature doesn't get written to the XML file. Even if I counted the number of beats between measures, that's only half the signature. I'm not aware of a good solution to determine the original signature that was authored.

• tone changes do not get imported
  • tech notes seem to be gone completely (e.g. pre-bends in bar #80) exept for tremolo
  • vibrato doesn't get imported (e.g. in bar #78)
I never did get around to updating the RS import function to handle RS2 features. I could probably spend some time adding the easy to import things like tone changes, but it could take a while to finish adding everything.

palm mutes get lost after (higher than) difficulty level 4 (not in all phrases, though)

I'd probably need the DDC XML file to see what's happening here.

• notes seem to build up in difficulty (as expected) until difficulty level 7 BUT only until bar #5: Level 7 has no notes in bars #6 - #9.
  • It seems like once the maximum difficulty has been reached (within one phrase!) the notes disappear in the next higher difficulty level (yes, now I am really certain that this is what's happening. It depends on the phrases and each phrase's maximum difficulty level - and now I realize this is exacly what @@manchot66 has been saying^^)

Likewise unless the DDC XML file shows otherwise, this sounds like expected behavior. The way official songs are written in XML, each phrase is written only until the 100% difficulty for the phrase is defined and then that part of the chart is left empty in higher difficulty levels. This is the way it is supposed to be.

Oh sorry, another try with the links:

Original project:

Unpack test:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/enm3ltljoe0lsz9/AAD3k1JHJ53dgz-7ESQR8dhEa?dl=0

Thanks for your answers. Now that I know about the expected behaviour, I'm fine with removing DD first. About the other features:

You'll have to ask yourself whether it is worth the effort to go for a full unpack compatability in the long run. It would come in handy to improve bad CDLCs - but well, you've got to set your priorities (you're doing great work already!).

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• 2 weeks later...

is there anyway in the toolkit to make it not make any new Phrase as as i did the Phrase in editer on fire

Yes and it is easy to do. Just set a value in the phrase length parameter (in the DDC tab) that is higher than your longest phrase in EOF.

i don't understead, do i just write 1000 instead of 2

@@coolethan1, count beats in longest phrase then set that value+1, if you want a precise value

all i want is to use ddc and then use the phrase i made as i made the phrase like they did with dlc i made phrase a b c phrase and then if the same thing repeats then i use the same later
If you want to create your own phrases, you just have to create them in EOF (mark the starting measure; a phrase ends when the next one starts). Whatever the name you use for each phrase, DDC will automatically recognise the same note patterns and will affect a new name for each phrase. All phrases which shared the same name will evolve in the same manner in RS.

So if you use DDC, you just need to create the phrases in EOF (don't mind about their name). And when you generate DD, choose a high value for the phrase length parameter (20 for example; in number of measures)...

ok thanks but also with ddc i find the first level still has to meny notes and not really good for noobs it should like be 1 note every 3 or 4 seconds like rocksmith dlc 

DDC works well with CDLC in which the notes are well sync with the rhythm (measures and beats).

If you are using the default configuration, the first level should contain only the note placed on the first beat of the first measure.

Then the second level the note on the third beat, and so on ... 

When you did the sync in EOF, did you move the vertical bars or the notes ?

If you need more help, you can share your EOF project in PM

ok thanks but also with ddc i find the first level still has to meny notes and not really good for noobs it should like be 1 note every 3 or 4 seconds like rocksmith dlc 

DDC works well with CDLC in which the notes are well sync with the rhythm (measures and beats).

If you are using the default configuration, the first level should contain only the note placed on the first beat of the first measure.

Then the second level the note on the third beat, and so on ... 

When you did the sync in EOF, did you move the vertical bars or the notes ?

If you need more help, you can share your EOF project in PM

i think i know why the song was too fast so that is why it is making notes really close also is there away to import the chart using ddc back into editer on fire so i can edit the ddc

• 2 weeks later...

I made a custom but I needed to fix stuff, but when I imported it and played it in Rocksmith  but the score attacks for easy and medium are the first difficulty, but hard is all the nights still, anyway to fix this?

Can you share your CDLC (psarc file) ?

OK, just have to contact the maker on the song to make sure it is ok to give out the song to fix the song.

I made a custom but I needed to fix stuff, but when I imported it and played it in Rocksmith  but the score attacks for easy and medium are the first difficulty, but hard is all the nights still, anyway to fix this?

OK, just have to contact the maker on the song to make sure it is ok to give out the song to fix the song.

Just share the link to download the CDLC

Just share the link to download the CDLC

OK, I will send it to you later today.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy