How to make PC CDLCs for Rocksmith 2014 tutorial w/screenshots by Darjusz

Darjusz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say THANKS! After years of wanting to add my own CDLC to Rocksmith, and a couple attempts to add some songs from other bands, I've successfully created my first CDLC of one of my own Original Songs! (Which was much easier than making one for another band as I already have/know my exact Midi/BPM information so syncing was as easy as lining up the first beat marker!)

I was able to play it last night and it was such a thrill to play my own song in Rocksmith! I'm currently working on a revision that will include Sections (Shift+S) which should make it that much better... I have a few questions though... 1. Usually when completing a song it will say something like "Masterful performance!" at the Ending % screen, but my CDLC says nothing, just shows the %, am I doing something wrong? 2. I was able to import another CDLC tone into my CDLC, but I see mentioned "the big XML package of original tones", what is this and where can I find it? I'd love to be able to pick from a bunch of different tones instead of importing from a bunch of random CDLC. Thanks for all your help! Dreams do come true! Now I'll be busy converting all of my Original Songs into CDLC! Woo!

Edit: Whoops! Was too excited that I forgot my last question! 3. How do you change the fret number that a note is on? i.e. I have a note that is on my G on the 7th fret, but I want it to be on the 14th fret instead, can I just edit the number some how? Thanks again! Super excited, can't you tell?

• Administrator

Not sure about 1...

2) i don't think there's a collection of XML of all the official tones in RS, but it's fairly easy to create your own in the tone designer and import it in the toolkit. Since you know what effect you used it should be easier this way.

3) those are called Fret Hand Position, EOF automatically generate them but you can edit them by using Shift+F at the position you want to set a change (unlike section/phrase this will be set at the green cursor position that you can precisely place on note by using Shift+Page Up or Page Down). When managing FHP, make sure to display them by going into the preferences (F11) and setting the top of 2D pane show to Fret Hand Position. Note that you can launch the automated generation in EOF and then adjust which will save you some time caus EOF isn't 100% wrong via the FHP panel (CTRL+Shift+F)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Thanks for the replies! Yes, I do believe that 1 was a strange side effect of the sections missing, because after adding my sections it worked correctly! :) Also thanks for the tones link, that should come in quite handy...

I don't think my 3rd question is about "Fret Hand Positions" as when I tried doing the "Shift+F" while on the offending note, it still shows a "7" in the note lane and it just added a Red 14 above it, I actually want to modify the actual note itself to be played on the 14th fret instead of the 7th fret. I've tried to delete that note and re-add a note, but now my note is an Open "0" note, not sure how to change it, I thought maybe transposing would work, but that just drops it to the next string on the same fret.

• Administrator

@@okewlie sorry i misunderstood what you wanted to do. To change the fret of a note you can either use CTRL+'number' (use the F1/F2 etc to get the 11/12 etc..). You can also change the value by either going through the note panel (N after selecting a note) or the fingering panel (F) or even by holding CTRL and using the mouse wheel.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• 3 weeks later...

Please please please update the tutorial for these two things:

1. The place where "Save separate Rocksmith 2 files" can be checked is in the "Import/Export" section of Preferences now.  That screwed me up and wasted a bunch of time.

2. Using the latest Wwise (I tried a 2016.x version) will NOT generate sound files that work in game.  I had to uninstall all the 2016, and re-install a 2014.x version to get it to work.  This was an extreme amount of frustration, and a simple comment in the tutorial under the Resources needed area would have been very much appreciated.

I don't know how active Darjusz is (looks like he hasn't been on since July).  Can other site admin modify the initial posts so newbies like me can have a more enjoyable experience?

I haven't created a CDLC in years (because I recall how frustrating it was), and I finally decided to take the plunge.  So I followed the only sticky tutorial we seem to have on CF, and I went down a painful and frustrating path of things not working.  So hopefully the next people can have smoother projects if the tutorial gets tweaked for the latest versions of things (like EOF), and warnings about using TOO current of things like Wwise.

Thanks!

• Like 1

@@tommyjenkinz, EOF has now separate section for Export option, find it and tick rocksmith 2 export feature, and EOF will get it on for you :)
it may be wise to ship rs2 ready EOF for you guys, need to ask ray about that

don't know how active Darjusz is (looks like he hasn't been on since July).  Can other site admin modify the initial posts so newbies like me can have a more enjoyable experience?

Yeah, there are some significant changes in my life going on which will dramatically change my life (hopefully), so I don't mind admins editing the post. I do realize that some parts might be already way outdated, so I don't see a reason to keep this topic as helpful as possible for all cdlc creators :)

EVERYONE KNOWS SOMETHING YOU DON’T, SO SHUT THE FUCK UP, LISTEN, AND LEARN. AND IF YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING, DO IT RIGHT.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I try to play it in Rocksmith, the game doesn't scroll at all and it just freezes. The game still continues though. Anyone else have this problem?

Hi,

Yes, I have the same issue. I will try to use a different kind of Wwise version (I used 2016 and someone above suggested using 2014). If it works I'll leave a new reply.

• 2 months later...

I keep getting this error when I click generate: http://prntscr.com/ek6qz5

I've tried different versions of wwise and it's the same bullshit. Help please

This version is confirmed working:

https://www.audiokinetic.com/files/?get=2015.1.9_5624/Wwise_v2015.1.9_Setup.exe

In the toolkit configuration menu make sure you are pointing to it

(likely here)  C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise v2015.1.9 build 5624