@@sstrelok - A lot of the earlier Intervals songs use 7 strings (which greatly increases the difficulty of making a custom), but Momento is one of the ones that's on a 6-string (D drop C). There are also five songs on A Voice WIthin that are 6 string (Moment Marauder, Automaton, The Self Surrendered, Breathe, and Siren Sound).

@@zinkyzepher - Uh, must have missed this comment. I'd be happy to do some of the sword, but my main problem is that my guitar and bass aren't really set up for doing anything in C: it's one of the few tunings that I can't really do (excepting excessively high tunings or 8 string tunings). I might be able to set up "test versions" for myself where i have them set up for 1st fret capo in B tuning or something.

Also, this reminds me that I should probably look into doing some High on Fire as well.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Love your stuff bro, I'm super stoked with actually getting to play Scale The Summit stuff.

I've seen your Liquid Tension Experiment and Dream Theater charts; would love for you to try your hand at Petrucci's "Suspended Animation" album -- there's a chart of "Glasgow Kiss" somewhere that doesn't have tone (at least, as far as I know) but is already pretty well made:

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/glasgow-kiss-r19288

From that album, charts for "Curve" , "Damage Control" and "Wishful Thinking" would be awesome :D

Glasgow Kiss: https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/j/john_petrucci/glasgow_kiss_live_album_guitar_pro.htm

Curve : https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/j/john_petrucci/curve_guitar_pro.htm

Damage Control: https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/j/john_petrucci/damage_control_ver3_guitar_pro.htm

Wishful Thinking: https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/j/john_petrucci/wishful_thinking_guitar_pro.htm

Hope these help man :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Among other things, I'm going to be going through some of Iron Maiden's discography and fill in some missing gaps and fix or upload my own versions of some songs that are lacking in some areas. I've already released Heaven Can Wait, and am also planning on doing (in no particular order, and with completion dependent on wheter tabs suck or not)

Iron Maiden

Invaders

Genghis Khan

Losfer Words

Gangland

Prowler

Sea of Madness

Still Life

Remember Tomorrow

Sanctuary

Strange World

The Fallen Angel

Transylvania

Charlotte the Harlot

Lord of Light

Ghost of the Navigator

And a few that are somewhat more tentative, including

The Prisoner (+multitracks)

Infinite Dreams (+multitracks), which also has several parts where the bass is off

Powerslave, since the bass goes off the rails during the solo section

Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter

Mother Russia

Are there any others that I'm overlooking?

• Like 2

Among other things, I'm going to be going through some of Iron Maiden's discography and fill in some missing gaps and fix or upload my own versions of some songs that are lacking in some areas. I've already released Heaven Can Wait, and am also planning on doing (in no particular order, and with completion dependent on wheter tabs suck or not)

Iron Maiden

Invaders

Genghis Khan

Losfer Words

Gangland

Prowler

Sea of Madness

Still Life

Remember Tomorrow

Sanctuary

Strange World

The Fallen Angel

Transylvania

Charlotte the Harlot

Lord of Light

Ghost of the Navigator

And a few that are somewhat more tentative, including

The Prisoner (+multitracks)

Infinite Dreams (+multitracks), which also has several parts where the bass is off

Powerslave, since the bass goes off the rails during the solo section

Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter

Mother Russia

Are there any others that I'm overlooking?

I would love to play The Mercenary, but the tabs i found were terrible 

9A7alLl.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, with the announcement of the Rush Pack, it seems that all versions of Working Man have gone missing from the site. I've also noticed that Fly By Night, Closer to the Heart, and La Villa Strangiato are missing (in addition to the already known Freewill). Think that's the pack for Tuesday? If it is, then that's a very good pack.

@@eezstreet - I just noticed that The Pilgrim is bass only. Are you intending on finishing that?

I just updated a bunch of songs with 5-string and 6-string bass tracks so that the chords detect better. I think I also made some small changes to the charts on a few of them. The songs are 

I Cum Blood by Cannibal Corpse

Omnipresent Perception by Beyond Creation

Choir of Spirits and Centric Flow by Obscura

Spark of the Archon by Native Construct

Atlas Novus by Scale the Summit

Zodiac by Chris Letchford

Those are some of the ones that I think had the most chords, but there are probably a few others that I'm forgetting. @@Zoopador, @@theoogy70, can you guys think of other ones that have lots of chords that I haven't updated already?

There will be some new stuff on the way soon (another Obscura song, some Scale the Summit, and a song from the rather Scale the Summit-like Pomegranate Tiger) but I think I'm going to try to wait for the deluge to subside before posting anything new.

@@DanPro777 - I'm not planning on doing it, because it's a 7-string chart that both makes heavy use of the e string in soloing and has riffs that pedal off of the low B. It would be very hard to pull something off without throwing away a significant part of the track.

@@phobos_a - From what I remember, the tab for Jaasta Syntynyt was bad enough that fixing it would take way more effort than I want to put into a custom. Jotunheim... I think was mostly OK but had enough details off that I don't think I'll be finishing it soon. Tabs for Varjoijen Virta don't exist, so if you want that to happen your best bet is probably asking @@Fyres.

Anyway, Haaska and Jumalten Kaupunki are the most likely to show up soon by my hand. Or something off the new album if the guy who tabbed the other songs shows up with a new one soon, since his tabs are usually quite easy to work with.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to thank you for all the hard work and good music you've been making available for us, as well as make a suggestion that you check out Slough Feg (also operated under The Lord Weird Slough Feg for awhile) if you've never come across them. I think you'd really dig them and there's a bunch of their songs that'd make good customs. Tiger! Tiger!, Warriors Dawn, Eumaeus the Swineherd, Vargr Moon, The Wickerman, and their cover of Dearg Doom are all great tunes, as is most of their catalog.

• Like 1

@@delwin - I actually have materials ready to make a decent number of their songs, but I've always found something else to focus on instead. I'll see if I can find time to fit in at least a song or two of theirs soon.

@@DanPro777 - Awesome that we're finally getting it! My guess would be Metropolis Pt. 1 (confirmed), Pull Me Under, and one of Panic Attack (possible with the new approach to low tunings. Possibly explaining why we'd get a pack now and not previously) and Fatal Tragedy, but lots of other stuff could show up (that I'm sure I'd find lots to appreciate in, even if it's not one of my favorite DT songs).

Bit of a random question, but I'm  not exactly familiar with the majority of your customs and those genres, but I love playing stuff like Petrucci, Jack Thammarat, and Galneryus, (and Growing Up by MintJam, which I made) for the relatively conventional advanced sheddyness. Got any suggestions? 

@@Zooropa_Station - At the very least I'd recommend checking out some of the instrumental songs that I've done, of which there are a bunch...

At the top of the list would probably be the Intervals songs, which are ridiculously fun and catchy and, while technical, not overwhelmingly difficult.

Scale the Summit is also really cool instrumental stuff, but a lot of their songs are very technical and make heavy use of really advanced and fairly specialized techniques (namely arpeggio tapping). I'd say a lot of their stuff is worth learning, but you should expect to be able to sightread very few of their songs at any real level of competence.

Then there are a few shreddy instrumental songs, the Jason Becker, Jeff Loomis (and while not instrumental, he was in Nevermore which also has some really cool riffs and solos, and Rusty Cooley songs. These are all ridiculously challenging, but can be pretty fun. I guess Blotted Science could go here as well.

Then there are instrumental tracks by bands that are mostly non-instrumental. Chromatic Horizon and Elevation Path by Beyond Creation, Orbital Elements by Obscura (both technical death metal bands, but only Chromatic Horizon is particularly tech-deathy as a song), and probably a lot more that I'm forgetting.

Then there's lots of other stuff with vocals, but a fair number of those use harsh vocals so that will depend pretty strongly on your tolerance of different varieties of harsh vocals. Of bands with clean vocals, I'd definitely recommend Symphony X (who I hope you've check out before) and Hibria at the very least. Probably Haken, Shadow Gallery, and Green Carnation too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@@chickentacos - I'm not planning on doing much Overkill. Not because they're unworthy, but because the tabs I've looked through were pretty uniformly terrible (missing solos, wrong riffs, wrong song structure, or some combination thereof). If you know any tabs that you can pretty much guarantee will work I'll be happy to work on them, but I've given up on looking for good tabs that seem to be the proverbial needle in a haystack.

I've updated all of my customs (with 3 or so exceptions that didn't work) to fix the 100% bug, and they should all be done uploading now. If you have any problems with newly downloaded (sometime after the time of this post) customs, let me know so we can figure out what's going on with them.