Updated the main post for the Clutch pack that I released last night as well as the Sanctuary pack.

Working on part 2 of Clutch, which will probably consist of Worm Drink, Profits of Doom, Pulaski Skyway, and The Regulator. Maybe also Gullah or Burning Beard if fixing the respective tabs isn't too hard.

Edit: Gullah and Burning Beard tabs are in pretty good shape now, but I'm at a loss for the tones of the leads of some of these songs. Not sure what effects he uses besides wah and delay, and maybe a phaser or something.

Edited by albatross213

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

The other Clutch songs that I've been working on have been uploaded now. These ones were generally a bit harder to work on, whether because of the tabs being off or because of weird guitar effects, so I'm probably going to need some help getting them from their current state (which is hopefully at least adequate) to a better one that's more faithful to the songs.

Anyway, I'm going to be pretty busy over the next couple of weeks in the real world, so I doubt I'll be doing too many new things. I think the plan will mostly be to work on updates to previous releases, adding playthrough videos, and finishing up some lingering projects (of which there are about 10, I think. The things in my preview folder, more Opeth, and a few songs that I got started on long ago but never finished.). Then hopefully settle into something that's sustainable as the academic year resumes.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so I've been getting started on my lingering things, starting off with a big one today in Black Rose Immortal. Some tracks off of Damnation (Hope Leaves, In My Time of Need, To Rid the Disease) should be ready by Monday at the latest.

Then I'll work on the things in my previews folder, probably mainly adding lyrics to the Stones and Michael Jackson tracks. Tone suggestions for those or for Jamiroquai would be appreciated.

After that, I'll finish up polishing some of the first things that I worked on but still haven't released (The Ocean, Tricot, Marmozets), then hopefully figure out tones for those songs.

I figure this as a whole will take at least through the end of next week, then I'll move onto some of the other stuff I've been mentioning (Bob Marley, Spinners, The Band, Vulfpeck, Doobie Brothers).

Longer term, I'll probably start doing some Gorod (tech death. Looking forward to getting my ass handed to me by these. And learning a lot from them!), and a Helloween pack for Halloween.

Oh, and I also want to finish up on Graveyard, do more Disillusion, and more Iced Earth. Also a couple more Symphony X classics (Of Sins and Shadows and Smoke and Mirrors). And also those new Haken tabs. 

So, there's still lots of stuff that I want to do. The pace of completion will slow somewhat as the academic year and cross country seasons pick up, but I still should manage to average (though there may be lulls when things are saved up for packs or I have to travel more) at least a release or two a week, at least while I'm doing the less complicated or bass only songs.

• Like 1

Working on the new Amorphis track Death of a King. Bass is synced and almost ready to go, so I'll hopefully finnish things up in the afternoon. Anyone know a good tone for the sitar parts? Would be cool to have that on guitar.

My pack of long-neglected songs (ones that I originally charted before my first releases, but never got around to releasing because of tones and such) is almost done! If anyone can test out the guitar parts for tones that would be helpful.

The Ocean - Mesopelagic  video

Tricot - Pool   video

Marmozets - Why Do You Hate Me?  video

And with that, my backlog is pretty much all to the preview stage and should be released throughout the week. Yay!

Edit: Also, add some Snarky Puppy to things I'll work on when I'm doing bass-heavy stuff.

Edit 2: Added bass playthrough videos.

Edited by albatross213

Updated the main post with releases of the tracks mentioned in the previous post, as well as Dream Theater's Lines in the Sand (6-string bass, though I should be able to arrange it for 4 string with drop D tuning or something).

Next things I'll release are (see previews for download links)

The Rolling Stones - Street Fighting Man [RBV] and 19th Nervous Breakdown [LRBV],

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean [LBV]

Jamiroquai - Runaway [LB]

Check them out if you can! Thanks!

Alright, a good number of Bob Marley releases today.

Next up, I think I'm going to do The Lines in My Hand and Ending Credits by Opeth. Then probably some Vulfpeck and Snarky Puppy before getting into the Spinners and The Band stuff I talked about a while back. Vive la bass-olution!

Got a lot of things done the past couple of days, and learned of some things I should take care of, anyways, here's some of what got done:

Helloween: synced and bassed a bunch of songs, namely Dr. Stein, Halloween, I Want Out, Keeper of the Seven Keys, Power, Starlight, The Dark Ride, Future World, and Where the Rain Grows (I'm... not sure they understand how rain works). I was originally planning on saving these until Halloween, but some of these (including Halloween itself) are so awesome I'm not sure I can wait that long before releasing them. Maybe Halloween will come early this year...

Vulfpeck: Synced and bassed "The Birdwatcher", which basically means that it's mostly done. I'll still need to figure out tones, though. Will hopefully finish converting 1612 from score to GP and have that ready soon, too.

Snarky Puppy - Shofukan is synced and bassed. Will need to figure out the guitar arrangement and tones (especially for that mechanical sounding bit on bass - might just be fuzz?). For Bent Nails, I think the tab might be off in the middle of the song... couldn't get it to work on my first try.

Also added vocals to a bunch of songs, as I was in a vocally (dokilly?) mood. Probably will add more to some of my other more popular songs that don't have vocals yet (Pictures of Home, Long Distance Runaround, 10001110101) and more Bob Marley (next targets are probably So Much Trouble..., Iron Lion Zion, Exodus, Easy Skanking). Then probably the other Symphony X songs I did from "Iconoclast" so @@cdeath and I can reasonably say that we've finished everything on that album.

So, I think these are basically the last days I'll be super-duper productive... I've said that before, but it's actually true this time. Have a decent backlog of synced stuff so that could potentially come out in a torrent when I find time to arrange and test them.

Anyway, lots more vocal updates. Still have yet to do Pictures of Home and Long Distance Runaround, but I should be able to get to them before too long.

Released a bunch of Helloween yesterday. These should be pretty fun tunes for both guitarists and bassists (on bass, Power is especially awesome IMO). There's more on the way: see my previews folder.

Also released a couple of Vulfpeck tunes. I hope pretty much every bassist finds something they like in them, and I hope people show them more love than they've gotten so far because I had to convert these from score to tab myself  :angry:. But seriously, you should check them out if you like funky bass - @@justgimmethefunk, @@Aludog, @, @@JamesPrestonUK, @, @@bernixix. I'm sure I'm missing people from this list, but that should be a decent start.

• Like 1

I've been building up a backlog of things that have been synced but not released, so yesterday and this morning I tried to move things along towards a release state. 

Previews:

As mentioned, there's already some Helloween there. I'll probably release it in the next few days, though I'll need to figure out the best way to handle the bad arrangements (or if I can fix them somehow).

I also have some songs from the Spinners in my preview folder now: Mighty Love, I Just Gotta Make it Happen, They Just Can't Stop it (The Games People Play), and The Rubberband Man.

Also, I "finished" up Buying Truth by Graveyard. Which mostly means that I made up a bassline for the parts where the tab was obviously wrong. I'll probably edit some of them up a bit before release, but I think most of the things I put in are pretty close...

Arranged (i.e. preview coming soon, hopefully!):

Graveyard - No Good, Mr. Holden

Between the Buried and Me - Ad A Dglgmut, Famine Wolf, The Coma Machine. These guys were a bit of a pain to sync. Probably a lot more coming eventually - I don't love the band, but there's lots of interesting stuff instrumentally and great tabs from what I can tell.

Synced:

BtBaM: Viridian (bass solo!)

Gorod (tech death) - Chronicle from the Stone Age, Disavow Your God, Edaenia 2312, Birds of Sulphur, Programmers of Decline, The Path

Snarky Puppy - Shofukan

The Band - Up On Cripple Creek, Jemima Surrender

Also going to work on converting this transcription of Vulfpeck's Back Pocket to GP, then start on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Released some more technical death metal today by Blotted Science (instrumental, so if you don't like death metal vocals but like ridiculously hard to play songs, these are your guys) and Gorod.

The Blotted science songs are played in 7-string drop A tuning, but I did my best to make things playable on a 6-string guitar. Wasn't sure how to handle doing the same thing on the bass, so (except for Amnesia, where I'm trying something out) I've left the bass as 5-string. Alex Webster and Ron Jarzombek are both pretty ridiculous technically, so don't expect to be able to pick these up and play them!

I think next week I might do a "Fall Colors" pack. Which may or may not be what you expect. But it will be released in the Fall (at least in the northern hemisphere), and it will have some Colors.

Edit: Also, since I did tech death, I might revisit "An Incarnation's Dream" by Atheist, as I had problems with syncing that when I was first working on it. Might be worth it to see if I can finish that off.

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I updated this since I've been pretty busy. Now that the holidays are close, I should have some time to work on some projects. Here are some things I'll be trying to work on.

BtBaM multitracks for Mordecai, Alaska, and Obfuscation. These are synced and mostly arranged, but not polished.

Multitracks for Working Man (by Rush, of course), since I have them and the bass on the other customs is pretty far off (as was the case with the GP I'm working with). I've been using the isolated bass audio to tidy up the bass track. At this point I have the non-solo, non-outro stuff done, but those sections still need work. If anyone would like to help out with this, it would be greatly appreciated, and all of the files are here.

Many Coroner (technical thrash) songs. At this point I've got a handful of them synced up, but haven't done anything past that. Might also try to do some other thrash bands that have been somewhat neglected.

Prog stuff. Haven't decided what things I'll try to do yet, but making the progressive rock genre page reminded me of how much awesome stuff is still missing. I also have multitracks for a few Andromeda (prog metal) songs.

Vulfpeck - Christmas in LA. I've found both a text tab and a score, so it shouldn't be too much trouble to finish it up.

Also will hopefully do some tidying up of some older releases, adding lyrics to some, and so on.

@@Chicco - Had a look at some Nevermore tabs again, and found some more that are on 6 string, plus a few others that should be workable with pitch-shifting. Won't promise any particular songs since you can always find out tabs are crappy late into the project, but there should be at least a few that work out.

On Working Man I'm now down through the beginning of the instrumental section and from the end of the instrumental section through to the very end of the outro. The unison riffs in the instrumental sections are probably OK now, too, but I haven't checked them carefully. I think I can handle most of the instrumental section, but a couple of parts that I'm not sure I can get myself are

-The high fill between 2:47 and 2:48 of the isolated bass audio. It's pretty damn quick (10 notes in that second) and I'm not sure I can cheat my way using Audacity to plot the spectrum since it needs a certain amount (though maybe I can have Audacity change the tempo to stretch each note out sufficiently).

-The very end of the outro (7:05-7:13 or so). Notes ringing out make it a little hard for me to figure out what's going on.

If someone could help with those (@@Aludog? @?) I should be able to handle the rest.

• Like 1

@@Chicco - Had a look at some Nevermore tabs again, and found some more that are on 6 string, plus a few others that should be workable with pitch-shifting. Won't promise any particular songs since you can always find out tabs are crappy late into the project, but there should be at least a few that work out.

On Working Man I'm now down through the beginning of the instrumental section and from the end of the instrumental section through to the very end of the outro. The unison riffs in the instrumental sections are probably OK now, too, but I haven't checked them carefully. I think I can handle most of the instrumental section, but a couple of parts that I'm not sure I can get myself are

-The high fill between 2:47 and 2:48 of the isolated bass audio. It's pretty damn quick (10 notes in that second) and I'm not sure I can cheat my way using Audacity to plot the spectrum since it needs a certain amount (though maybe I can have Audacity change the tempo to stretch each note out sufficiently).

-The very end of the outro (7:05-7:13 or so). Notes ringing out make it a little hard for me to figure out what's going on.

If someone could help with those (@@Aludog? @?) I should be able to handle the rest.

I sure can take a look. With the isolated audio it shouldn't take too long. Could you send me the GP file you are using, so I don't have to put it into a separate one?

Well, I just worked it out real quick.

Here's the fill:

http://i.imgur.com/VW0EEx5l.jpg

I think that should be close enough but with a speed like that the notes become very short and percussive, so it's hard to tell if it's totally correct.

Regarding the outro, I recommend just putting an E5 chord there and mark it with tremolo, like so:

http://i.imgur.com/VbgerYFl.jpg

He mostly plays the E and it's octave but strums the B as well at some point and at the very end he plays the whole chord once and slides down shortly to end the track.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you need any more help.

• Like 1

OK, so I think the bass on Working Man is mostly there. Might still have a few wrong notes, though. Some of the slides in particular might be off. If you want to try an early test version (bass only with the isolated bass audio), the .psarc, tab, and isolated bass audio are here (edit: updated .psarc and tab to new versions, fixing some slides and a few wrong notes).

I've also been syncing some other things. At the moment, I've got these done syncing (so hopefully I'll be able to finish them off):

Nevermore - The Seven Tongues of God, 42147, Beyond Within, The Death of Passion, Dreaming Neon Black, Poison Godmachine, No More Will. A few others with 7-strings looked like they might be doable too, but obviously mean more work.

Coroner - Arc-Lite, Coma, R.I.P., Reborn Through Hate, Semtex Revolution, Shadow of a Lost Dream, Son of Lilith, Status: Still Thinking. Have tabs and audio for some more, but will probably wait to see how these are received before going to work on them.

Symphony X - Smoke and Mirrors, Of Sins and Shadows. A couple of classics that I hadn't gotten to yet.

Iced Earth - Stormrider. Also going to work on Angel's Holocaust and Pure Evil.

Misanthrope - 2666. Not expecting this to be well received because probably very few people have heard of this band. I randomly saw this in the queue on UG and thought it looked interesting. Pretty cool, somewhat jazzy tech-death (or some other brand of death. And is that one riff around 1:45-2:00 played with slap?)

Between the Buried and Me - Alaska, Mordecai, and Obfuscation.

Might also work on some other things, but I think short term my focus will be on getting these things finished.

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been a long time since I updated this. Here are roughly where things stand.

Thrash stuff:

Released several Skeletonwitch songs. Probably all that I'll do for the short term, but I might do more later.

Working on HeXeN songs (currently in preview), Testament songs (should be in preview within a day or two), and Warbringer songs (tabs by the bassist in HeXeN, interestingly).

Progressive metal stuff:

For BtBaM, the rest of Colors is currently in preview. Full band version of the Alaska multitracks is also in preview, and I'm working on getting Obfuscation ready for preview. Mordecai is a little further away since I can't figure out the bass part for a couple of riffs, even with the isolated bass.

Also working on some Native Construct songs. It's exceedingly unlikely I'll do the guitars except for one of them since they're 8 string and it's hard to figure out how to work that into Rocksmith.

Some other stuff might get mixed in, but that's what I'll be working on for the near future.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so I released a lot of thrash, and a few Between the Buried and Me songs. 

For the next few months I'll be pretty busy, so I'll mostly be focusing on finishing up on things I've already started (which includes a few more Kreator tracks, several Iced Earth tracks, one more HeXen track, and one or two more BtBaM tracks).

Once those are done, I'll probably mostly be working on adding playthrough videos to songs and doing updates on some of my older stuff that could be of better quality. Playthroughs I might be able to add reasonably quickly, but I'll probably aim for doing 2 or 3 updates a week.

I've also added the notes.eof files to the download folders for many of my recent songs, and I'm planning on adding them to most/all of my songs soon. This should facilitate looking at things in EoF if you want to see how I did certain things or modify anything without having to rely on the Rocksmith import (which has some drawbacks, particularly with guitar tracks or anything with more complex time signatures. See here for instructions on how to set things up to use the EoF file.

• 1 month later...

Special update to mention that @@cdeath has released his 100th custom. You may not recognize the band name, but that's because it's us (you will probably notice the relation to cdeath's username)! I recorded the bass, and he did pretty much everything else. If you like death or thrash metal at all, please give it some love!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...