Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 55

Mortalo

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

well done @@then3verend, it's really not easy with this tuner calibration, cause if you play that it sound right it's a miss :P

I started to play this too, with my 4 string and its light gauge the strings feel like spaghetti and it's luck if a note is detected or not.

And the bends, theyre here also too high like in guitars, so I play just hammer ons here, better chance for note recognition.

http://s14.directupload.net/images/141113/j4vekuh5.jpg

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Alice in Chains is equally unrecognisable... bends are like 70% of the song too... note to self, check for bends before picking songs for the selection list :( sorry folks for causing you pain and distress with that choice, Bassketeers.  Guess it's, as me and my friend lovingly coined it, "crapped on my rice" this week for me... might entertain Junge too.

I tried the Alice in Chains (got something like 87% first go) but I have no desire to play that bass line again! lol

Sorry, I didn't mean to come on here and whinge…  I do like Junge - never heard it before. :)

Oh, and the Metallica one won't convert to Mac for me - it's probably the version of the toolkit I'm using?  Not to worry. 

• Like 1

@MilkmanDan  I using slides in lead, there i play as real bends. You is cheater  :D 

Look like i dont get any Rodman`s points at this week.

Looks rather like you are gonna take over the long-term lead, my friend ^_^

Heavy competition - soo good!

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@Rodman Thanks!

Quick question, what time does this start/end each week?

Saturdays, around 6pm CET

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

Been a while since I posted any videos on my YouTube channel, so I thought I'd put one up of the MC Bass song since it has been a real fun challenge this week:

That isn't better than my current best accuracy, and it is in LAS rather than SA (better for casual viewers on YouTube), but I thought I'd post it here anyway.

I'll still try to break the 99% barrier, but I don't think I'm going to give @@then3verend @ or @@Blazikiller a challenge for the lead...  I /bow to your skills!  :lol:

• Like 6

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

Fuxx !!!

I couldnt resist at my online dealer of choice and just clicked -order- .....

:) :) :) :) :)

I post a pic when package arrives....

P.s: if you dont ever hear anything again from me i got killed by my better half....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

@@MilkmanDan I was trying to see what technique you used on the "bends of hell" phrase but the dry ice was obscuring my view.. Are you playing a hammer on a full step from the fifth fret? As I haven't tried that method and it looked like you were getting success with that method :)

• Like 1

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

I've been following the thread, but as most of you might have noticed, I haven't been posting any scores lately.
The reason is because I've been in terrible pain for the past 2 weeks, today was the 1st day that I woke up without the fucking toothache and I just came home from the dentist.
I've been to 3 dentist appointments in this 2 weeks and the damn tooth is still not totally fixed, I'll have to go back on the 21st to finish the treatment, but according to the dentist I shouldn't have any more pain.
If I do, I think I'm gonna extract the damn thing myself with some pliers :lol:

Hopefully I'll be able to play again today and post some scores, will see....

Alice in Chains is equally unrecognisable... bends are like 70% of the song too... note to self, check for bends before picking songs for the selection list :( sorry folks for causing you pain and distress with that choice, Bassketeers.  Guess it's, as me and my friend lovingly coined it, "crapped on my rice" this week for me... might entertain Junge too.

I tried the Alice in Chains (got something like 87% first go) but I have no desire to play that bass line again! lol

Sorry, I didn't mean to come on here and whinge…  I do like Junge - never heard it before. :)

Oh, and the Metallica one won't convert to Mac for me - it's probably the version of the toolkit I'm using?  Not to worry. 

Here's the link to the mac file @@missis sumner, I haven't tested since I don't have a mac and that version has a different bass tone, since the "original" tone had too much distortion and I didn't like it, so I changed it.

Let me know if the file works and if you don't like the tone, I can convert the original file and post the link for it.

• Like 1

Here's the link to the mac file @@missis sumner, I haven't tested since I don't have a mac and that version has a different bass tone, since the "original" tone had too much distortion and I didn't like it, so I changed it.

Let me know if the file works and if you don't like the tone, I can convert the original file and post the link for it.

That's good of you!  I'll take a look tonight.

There's nothing worse than being in pain.  I hope it gets better for you soon.

• Like 1

@@MilkmanDan I was trying to see what technique you used on the "bends of hell" phrase but the dry ice was obscuring my view.. Are you playing a hammer on a full step from the fifth fret? As I haven't tried that method and it looked like you were getting success with that method :)

Hammer-on two frets away was the first method I tried when I was first having trouble with those bends.  That worked sometimes but not reliably for me -- maybe I wasn't feathering it fast enough or long enough or something.  Then after reading Motive say that slides worked (even though that was regarding the lead arrangement as it turns out), I started doing it that way.

Now, if I do it carefully but quickly as slides, I usually hit all of those bends in the outro section.  The video doesn't show that really well ... I think I missed 2 of them there, but on most playthroughs I do now I get credit for all of them.

However, the trick for me seems to be sliding very quickly, well past the extent of where the bend "should" go if converted to a slide.  I slide all the way up to the 9th fret or so, when it seems like 7th is where it should go.  Any time I get lazy and slide up less than that, it seems that I will frequently end up with the game registering a miss, or more accurately it usually says "miss" and "late" very quickly.

So, I'd try going to riff repeater and just doing the last section at 80% speed or so.  Turn on accelerate and do them all as slides up to 9th fret, and I bet you'll quickly hit the whole section and get built up to where you can handle it at 100% speed -- that's the procedure that worked for me.

Of course, now I'm usually fumbling a bit in the solo section (like I did in the video), but at least I've 90% solved those devil-bends.  :D

• Like 3

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

• Like 5

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I'ma try to 100% later today, when I do i'll reveal my method for the 'bends of hell' in the post

• Like 2

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Hey Bassists I want to see videos of you guys/gals playing like this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvE-NTWT77c

well... My hair is exactly like his, so... 1 third of the way there :)
  • Like 2

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

My god, that's a fast song!  84.5% on the Metallica.  I don't think I'll be persevering with it though, so I'll stay in "beginner" for this week. :)

• Like 1

That should be "too low" :P (smiling through tears). I still have rhythm path :)

About Royal Blood. You were talking that Drop C lead is just like bass, but isn't E std version also the same like bass but transposed to E from Drop C? It looks like that, at least to my inexperienced eyes.

• Like 5

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures