How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

1 hour ago, Spartacus GR77 said:

So I am having same issues. Havent played in over a year. Went to Steam downloaded the game because I m on a new PC. Tried to launch and nothing. I found and ran the installer and that still cant get it to open. CChecked the DLL its the correct and only dll in the folder.Any other suggestions or maybe I missed something? Thanks

well, let's start at the beginning. What OS are you using

@ Spartacus GR77 You said PC, yes?

Now, could you clarify what you meant by "Tried to launch and nothing. I found and ran the installer and that still cant get it to open"? Tell us exactly what happens and where it stops to work, just so we're clear on what's what.

Also, if you could paste a screenshot of the folder with RS and the .dll and so on, *including* the path so we can be sure that we're looking at the right stuff, that could save us some time, potentially.

8 minutes ago, Nick Beat said:

@ Spartacus GR77 You said PC, yes?

Now, could you clarify what you meant by "Tried to launch and nothing. I found and ran the installer and that still cant get it to open"? Tell us exactly what happens and where it stops to work, just so we're clear on what's what.

Also, if you could paste a screenshot of the folder with RS and the .dll and so on, *including* the path so we can be sure that we're looking at the right stuff, that could save us some time, potentially.

running windows 11 pro. Tried to launch meaning I open steam and hit play and it acts like its opening and then the button goes back to play. 

explorer_EJB1eH1H8n.png

@ Spartacus GR77 I see a response from @ Sniper Reload3d in my email, but it hasn't shown up here yet. Odd, but seems to happen routinely.

Ok, I'm going to leave it in his capable hands. Although I have a PC, I only use it for CDLC creation (which is rare enough) and I don't have a 14,900K CPU, so this is outside my experience.

I've seen this discussed before, but I can never remember the solution. You could do a search above for this, see what has happened to others.... Good luck!

I was guessing it was a I9 14,900K CPU issue. I deleted my response. It appears people have difficulty on Windows 11 to get even the game running with I9 14,900K CPU, mostly because of the multiple threads, as such my post was non-productive.

For Windows 10, it is a good base line to get the base game to work, then the cdlc. This appears to not be the case with Win11 for various reasons, and the game and Win11 really clashes with the I9 14,900K CPU. I would try using Win10 compatibility mode. I am not really familiar with Windows 11 yet, our resident prodigy and genius who normally could answer this has not been active for a while. I would have to say defer to the discord support, they will have a better answer than I will.

• Like 1

• Administrator
19 hours ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

I was guessing it was a I9 14,900K CPU issue. I deleted my response. It appears people have difficulty on Windows 11 to get even the game running with I9 14,900K CPU, mostly because of the multiple threads, as such my post was non-productive.

For Windows 10, it is a good base line to get the base game to work, then the cdlc. This appears to not be the case with Win11 for various reasons, and the game and Win11 really clashes with the I9 14,900K CPU. I would try using Win10 compatibility mode. I am not really familiar with Windows 11 yet, our resident prodigy and genius who normally could answer this has not been active for a while. I would have to say defer to the discord support, they will have a better answer than I will.

It's not a W10 or W11 issue but RS simply does not support CPU with 32 thread or more (be it from the 13th or 14th gen intel or any AMD CPU with that many thread).

It's mostly an issue for very modern gaming PC as the CPU with that many thread are still relatively rare but a fix for this is embedded in a version of the CDLC dll which can be found here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g-qJPzmDheesMSp3FeUHbY3ytdOcIpxt&usp=drive_fs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

2 hours ago, firekorn said:

It's not a W10 or W11 issue but RS simply does not support CPU with 32 thread or more (be it from the 13th or 14th gen intel or any AMD CPU with that many thread).

It's mostly an issue for very modern gaming PC as the CPU with that many thread are still relatively rare but a fix for this is embedded in a version of the CDLC dll which can be found here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g-qJPzmDheesMSp3FeUHbY3ytdOcIpxt&usp=drive_fs

Thanks! So I got it finally working. No studdering or crackling and it recognizes my guitar through the interface. I then tried saving a cdlc in the dlc folder but it wont show it in RS. So I used the cdlc enabler and after I did that it wouldnt start up again. So I verified the files, put back the dll I downloaded and its working again. Is there a different cdlc installer other than the one I downloaded from ignition search tools? Thanks

3 hours ago, Spartacus GR77 said:

Thanks! So I got it finally working. No studdering or crackling and it recognizes my guitar through the interface. I then tried saving a cdlc in the dlc folder but it wont show it in RS. So I used the cdlc enabler and after I did that it wouldnt start up again. So I verified the files, put back the dll I downloaded and its working again. Is there a different cdlc installer other than the one I downloaded from ignition search tools? Thanks

I believe the cdlc not showing to be a separate issue. You do not want to use the cdlc enalber after using the link FireKorn posted. What you are doing is overwriting the .dll that allows you to use a 32 threaded cpu. That same .dll he linked allows you to use cdlc, so there is a separate issue

@ Spartacus GR77 I sent a reply last night, but somehow, it's not here. Replying from iPhone is a real pain....

In any case: as @ Sniper Reload3d says, this is a separate issue. What the .dll does (whichever version) is to match the ID of CDLC to the internal list of purchased DLCs, so as long as you have a match in there, you should be good to go.

If not, then presumably either the ID of CDLCs does not match (Cherub Rock is the default, but you can change this with CustomsForge Song Manager (see tools in the menu)), or the CDLC aren't in the right place.

Someone just a few days ago had the same issue (look up a bit) and I sent a screenshot of my PC folder structure. When he set himself up the same way, the problem went away. You might try that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GriGoRo_Vic said:

Привет, ребята. На такую тему я недавно узнал про SDLS и хотел попробовать что-то скачать и поиграть, но дополнения The smashed pumpkins уже нет в стимуле, что делать. Есть ли уже решение этой проблемы?

I can't read Russian or Cyrillic script. I had to use Google translate which is less than perfect; "Hi guys. On this topic, I recently learned about SDLS and wanted to try to download and play something, but The smashed pumpkins add-on is no longer an incentive to do what. Is there already a solution to this problem?"

Yes, you will have purchase a different DLC song from the Steam store, use CF song manager to change the song ID of all the CDLC to the song ID of the DLC you purchased from the Steam store.

Я не могу читать ни русскую, ни кириллицу. Мне пришлось использовать Google Translate, который не так уж и идеален; "Привет ребята. По этой теме, я недавно узнал про SDLS и хотел попробовать скачать и поиграть во что-нибудь, но дополнение The smashed Pumpkins уже не является стимулом что делать. Есть ли уже решение этой проблемы?" Да, вам придется купить другую песню DLC в магазине Steam. Используйте диспетчер песен CF, чтобы изменить идентификатор песни всех CDLC на идентификатор песни DLC, который вы приобрели в магазине Steam.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

I can't read Russian or Cyrillic script. I had to use Google translate which is less that perfect; "Hi guys. On this topic, I recently learned about SDLS and wanted to try to download and play something, but The smashed pumpkins add-on is no longer an incentive to do what. Is there already a solution to this problem?"

Yes, you will have purchase a different DLC song from the Steam store, use CF song manager to change the song ID of all the CDLC to the song ID of the DLC you purchased from the Steam store.

Я не могу читать ни русскую, ни кириллицу. Мне пришлось использовать Google Translate, который не так уж и идеален; "Привет ребята. По этой теме, я недавно узнал про SDLS и хотел попробовать скачать и поиграть во что-нибудь, но дополнение The smashed Pumpkins уже не является стимулом что делать. Есть ли уже решение этой проблемы?" Да, вам придется купить другую песню DLC в магазине Steam. Используйте диспетчер песен CF, чтобы изменить идентификатор песни всех CDLC на идентификатор песни DLC, который вы приобрели в магазине Steam.

Sorry.. the page translator did this. I'm copy text

Hi guys. On this topic, I recently learned about SDLS and wanted to try to download and play something, but The smashed pumpkins add-on is no longer in the incentive to do what. Is there already a solution to this problem?

Hello, what was the solution for Krooked I don't see the post...
I have the same problem w10 i7 7700 I reinstalled and it crashes from the start: 
I launch, white screen it closes...
 and nothing.

Any idea? the game work in another pc but under w11. i copy all data from it but it dont wotk.

I was with the good dll i got a reinstall 1 hour ago i was with the "D3D.dll" 131ko i think.

i do a repair files frome my copy/past w11 version from another pc and it work now...

I already do a repair befor but it wont work... now it work i don't understand but... it finally work. This game made me crazy !

i will copy all my dlc from another pc and i think it will be bad... well lets try !

• Like 1