How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

@ Eduardo Yagami

I have just tested those CDLC on both Mac and PC. In both cases, they show up just fine, and I played one on each system. No issues.

Now:

1. You don't expect RS to fail to load things based on the name of the artist, right? So that's odd right there.
  2. Showing up in game is a matter of whether or not RS sees the files in the DLC folder. If they don't show up, I have a hard time understanding them actually being there. So either
    1. they really aren't in the DLC folder (or a subfolder, that's what many people do), or
    2. RS doesn't recognize them as .psarc files and/or they are corrupted.

If you look at my screenshot, you will see where they are supposed to go, anywhere inside the 'dlc' folder. As I mentioned, I put CLDC into a subfolder ('CDLC') and for the purposes of this test I put your CDLC choices inside 'temp'. It really doesn't matter.

The point is, the path in my File Explorer is different from yours....

image.thumb.png.f2567f746c3ee792fb957154c6e9a50a.png

23 hours ago, Nick Beat said:

@ Eduardo Yagami

I have just tested those CDLC on both Mac and PC. In both cases, they show up just fine, and I played one on each system. No issues.

Now:

1. You don't expect RS to fail to load things based on the name of the artist, right? So that's odd right there.
  2. Showing up in game is a matter of whether or not RS sees the files in the DLC folder. If they don't show up, I have a hard time understanding them actually being there. So either
    1. they really aren't in the DLC folder (or a subfolder, that's what many people do), or
    2. RS doesn't recognize them as .psarc files and/or they are corrupted.

If you look at my screenshot, you will see where they are supposed to go, anywhere inside the 'dlc' folder. As I mentioned, I put CLDC into a subfolder ('CDLC') and for the purposes of this test I put your CDLC choices inside 'temp'. It really doesn't matter.

The point is, the path in my File Explorer is different from yours....

image.thumb.png.f2567f746c3ee792fb957154c6e9a50a.png

Sorry man, I was without internet these days, as soon as possible I will calmly check your comments. Thanks for the help so far! 😔

On 11/5/2023 at 4:20 PM, Nick Beat said:

No problem, I live in the country and deal with that every day!

just FYI: more experts and often faster response on the CustomsForge Discord under #support if we can’t sort it out here!

good luck!

@ Nick Beat Sorry for keep you waiting

Well, I read the comments and saw your screenshot. So I tried to do the same. I created a CDLC folder in the dlc folder and put the Beatles songs there and....  It worked!

How is it explained? Who knows? 😅 Logically it would be easier the game not find the songs puted in another folder and I've never had to do this with any CDLC before

Anyway, thanks for the tip! ✌️✌️

Captura de tela 2023-11-06 175903.jpg

Wow! I’m very pleased that you got it to work! Now you know what to do in future 🙂

and thanks for letting me know!

Keep the Discord group in mind, it is monitored more than here by more people.

Take care!

• Thanks 1

Hello everybody. I have a problem.
Cdls works, all dls download, cherub is bought.
My problem is Fall out Boy old song( like I don't care). They are dissapeared!
I know that ubisoft are deleteing some of the dlc and it is all for rc+.
How to return deleted content?

I tried to redownload rocksmith1 all songs, i see a lot of them on my list in game, but not Fall out boy.
Patcher used, dll changed, didn't help!

It's not entirely clear what you are saying. Are you saying that a song you used to have doesn't show up anymore? That seems rather odd...

Can you be a bit more clear?

• one song (Fall Out) or more than one ('they disappeared')
  • ODLC, CDLC...

It's hard to help unless we understand the problem clearly 😞

3 hours ago, twikk3 said:

I know that ubisoft are deleteing some of the dlc and it is all for rc+

It is not for Rs-. While I dislike it and have no intent on defending it, the reason is the licenses were only purchased for 10 years. Long before Rs- was thought about.

That being said, as my comrade Nick asked, did you purchase these songs? If you did, all purchased DLC is still available for you to download.

The easiest way to attempt to fix this is to find rs1compatibilitydisc_p.psarc in your DLC folder and delete it. Then go to Steam Client, library, right click Rocksmith 2014, properties, local files, verify integrity of game files.

If you did not purchase these songs, there is nothing we can do.

I haven't been on here or played Rocksmith in years so maybe I'm out of the loop with any new updates, but yesterday I downloaded some cdlcs and added them to my Steam/Rocksmith cdlc folder. Today I open up Rocksmith and I can see all the songs I downloaded, if I click it the preview music plays but after the tuning menu comes up and I click to play the song I  get nothing. I just see that background image of an amp in a room, but no actual music or anything else. There no menu or anything either so I have to completely shut the game down to even get out of there.

Any idea what's going on here? I never had any issues with cdlc's not working before so this is new.

55 minutes ago, Napotad said:

What is CFSM?

Customs Forge Song Manager.

Since Cherub Rock is delisted, you will have to use (any) another Official DLC from the Store. After you purchase a DLC song from the store, you will use CF Song Manager to change the Song ID of all the CDLC to the Song Id of the oDLC that you purchased from the Store.

25 minutes ago, Nick Beat said:

@ Sniper Reload3d  beat me to it

Wasn't a race, I was actually late to the show. You had already departed so I answered for you 🙂

@ KRoOKED The guesses I have are assumptions. As you re-installed the game (and verified the files), it should have worked..

What method did you use to patch the game?

Is there more than one D3Dx9_42.dll in the Rocksmith folder? If there is, then the .dll will not work as there is a conflict.

Assuming that you re-installed the game, are using the re-installed version, or the justincaseweneedit beta version?

As you are stating that you are getting page with the amps, and the song won't start, I am also assuming that it is a .dll issue, but this is just an assumption. Are you able to get one of the songs from the base game to play? Does an Original Store purchased DLC play?

@ Sniper Reload3d LOL

If he deleted the game and redownloaded it and then patched it, he shouldn't have two .dlls..., right?

@ KRoOKED Maybe send us a screenshot of your installation folder so we can see what's what, there?

(I'm also fishing... I agree with the previous post, if you get to the amps, then the CDLC are obviously being picked up, so they're in the right place; so either they are screwed up (like wrong ID) or the .dll patch is obsolete or missing....)

2 hours ago, Nick Beat said:

If he deleted the game and redownloaded it and then patched it, he shouldn't have two .dlls..., right?

Shouldn't, but doesn't exclude that a foreign file not being removed by an uninstaller, and a user not completely removing the folder with foreign files. Or exclude a user from unintentionally adding multiple .dlls upon re-installation trying to get the patch to work.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

Wasn't a race, I was actually late to the show. You had already departed so I answered for you 🙂

@ KRoOKED The guesses I have are assumptions. As you re-installed the game (and verified the files), it should have worked..

What method did you use to patch the game?

Is there more than one D3Dx9_42.dll in the Rocksmith folder? If there is, then the .dll will not work as there is a conflict.

Assuming that you re-installed the game, are using the re-installed version, or the justincaseweneedit beta version?

As you are stating that you are getting page with the amps, and the song won't start, I am also assuming that it is a .dll issue, but this is just an assumption. Are you able to get one of the songs from the base game to play? Does an Original Store purchased DLC play?

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game and checked file integrity. I didn't do much else because I'm not sure what I need to patch exactly. The base game songs are playing just fine, but even the old cdlc's that used to work now just kinda freeze my game so that I'm just stuck at that screen when I click play song. Everything works perfectly up to the point. Like, the preview pictures and music of the cdlc all plays fine, the tuner comes up, and then when I click to play the song it all just stops.

6 hours ago, Nick Beat said:

@ Sniper Reload3d LOL

@ KRoOKED Maybe send us a screenshot of your installation folder so we can see what's what, there?

(I'm also fishing... I agree with the previous post, if you get to the amps, then the CDLC are obviously being picked up, so they're in the right place; so either they are screwed up (like wrong ID) or the .dll patch is obsolete or missing....)

Here's screenshot of the folder. Everything else works fine like the base game songs and the dlc's. It's just the cdlc's, even the old cdlc's that used to work fine don't work anymore. Just freezes my game now. I just download the cdlc and stick the .psarc into the dlc folder.

rocksmithfolder.jpg

1 hour ago, KROoKED said:

Here's screenshot of the folder. Everything else works fine like the base game songs and the dlc's. It's just the cdlc's, even the old cdlc's that used to work fine don't work anymore. Just freezes my game now. I just download the cdlc and stick the .psarc into the dlc folder.

rocksmithfolder.jpg

I believe you have the wrong D3...42.dll. Yours is showing at 126kb, I believe the new one should be 131kbs. Not only that, it is dated 4/18/2019. Try this one https://os5.mycloud.com/action/share/085e5ce4-9f7d-426d-8cbe-137d177e7d59

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

I believe you have the wrong D3...42.dll. Yours is showing at 126kb, I believe the new one should be 131kbs. Not only that, it is dated 4/18/2019. Try this one https://os5.mycloud.com/action/share/085e5ce4-9f7d-426d-8cbe-137d177e7d59

So I am having same issues. Havent played in over a year. Went to Steam downloaded the game because I m on a new PC. Tried to launch and nothing. I found and ran the installer and that still cant get it to open. CChecked the DLL its the correct and only dll in the folder.Any other suggestions or maybe I missed something? Thanks