Can not play cdlc on Mac via steam freezes after tuning

mikewiehle

Question

Hello all,

Been on here (CF) since start and have posted several cdlcs and mac user guide.  I am stumped.  Played RS about a week and a half ago, a few days later having changed nothing (did not add even 1 cdlc) the game locks (on cdlcs only - not on other "official" songs) after tuning and I get this screen (below).  I have removed all cdlcs from dlc folder except my oldest and most trusted 'back in black', made sure cherub was still there, and confirmed dll file was in root and properly named.  I am not a techie guy and am now lost.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated (I am thinking about putting together a mac trouble shooting guide after reading all the threads, so please list fix with as much detail as possible).  Mike

ICan0dU.jpg

Easiest way to find is to go to local files tab in Steam properties, I've moved all DLC folder contents re acquired and revalidated and so far all working. Will be interest to know whether there will be a 64 bit version of tools coming or I'll get cheap PC laptop to allow conversions and other 32 bit programmes that are not going to work in 64 bit. ( Catalina and what follows)

I had the same issue. I backed up my dlc folder and uninstalled RS using Steam. I then removed the RS folder entirely. Reinstalled and everything worked fine. Ran patch and added ONE cdlc - still working. Obviously, the problem for me was some bad cdlc files. I will just add them back one by one, and I should be OK. Gives me a chance to clean up some really bad cdlc's too.

I had the same issue. I backed up my dlc folder and uninstalled RS using Steam. I then removed the RS folder entirely. Reinstalled and everything worked fine. Ran patch and added ONE cdlc - still working. Obviously, the problem for me was some bad cdlc files. I will just add them back one by one, and I should be OK. Gives me a chance to clean up some really bad cdlc's too.

I'm running Mojave with toolkit 2.9.2.1 and the 4.0 mono.  I verified mono installed HOWEVER it wants me to have a newer version which didn't work the first go around and why i downgraded to the 4.0. ( i followed the uninstall - reboot- install - verify) 

I can go into rocksmith via steam and find my dlc. How do I appropriately back this up and delete all the files, so i can reinstall rocksmith. 

Why won't toolkit work with mono working? Also i did go into the patch and make sure everything says read and write.

What am i missing?

• Developer

@SleepDebt  Have a look here if you are still having trouble with the patch.

You don't need mono to run the toolkit.  Since you are still on Mojave you can use this.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@SleepDebt  Have a look here if you are still having trouble with the patch.

You don't need mono to run the toolkit.  Since you are still on Mojave you can use this.

Hi cozy1,

Thank you for this tutorial. Do you have any recs if we've done it exactly as you wrote it but still no luck? When I reinstall one of two things happens, the CDLC all shows up in my library but when I hit enter to play a song it either disappears immediately from the library or hangs after tuning. On a Macbook Air 2017 13" 

• Developer

@@rhyspinot Need some more info from you.
1)  What OS Version?
2)  Do you have a standard (default) install of RS or custom one (like to an external drive)?

Please answer these two question before you try:

3)  Relocate all your CDLC to someplace safe.
4)  Repeat the patch procedure on fresh install in the default location, exactly per the instructions.
5)  Play the patched game and make sure it works normally before reinstalling any CDLC.

6)  Install ONLY one CDLC into the dlc folder and play the game and CDLC,
     If this works then you may have some corrupt CDLC in your saved library
7)  Find the corrupt Mac CDLC using a PC and CFSM in Mac Mode, or add one CDLC at a time till you find the corrupt one that is hanging the game.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

1)  What OS Version?

2)  Do you have a standard (default) install of RS or custom one (like to an external drive)?

4)  Repeat the patch procedure on fresh install in the default location, exactly per the instructions.

5)  Play the patched game and make sure it works normally before reinstalling any CDLC.

6)  Install only one CDLC into the dlc folder and play the game and CDLC,

7)  Find the corrupt Mac CDLC using a PC and CFSM in Mac Mode, or add one CDLC at a time till you find the corrupt one that is hanging the game.

Thanks cozy, running Catalina and a standard install. I'll go through those steps tonight and see what I get. Thanks for the help. 

1)  What OS Version?

6)  Install only one CDLC into the dlc folder and play the game and CDLC,

Thanks cozy, running Catalina and a standard install. I'll go through those steps tonight and see what I get. Thanks for the help. 

Got it working! Thanks cozy. Turns out the newest Tool CDLC tracks from the new album were causing the problem. 

• Developer

@@rhyspinot Be sure to report the corruption to the CDLC charter ( @@bwaredapenguin ) so it gets fixed.  If you can't find the charter then report the CDLC to a CF Mod so that it gets removed from Ignition.  Thanks

• Developer

User reports success using the tools with Crossover and Boot Camp on Catalina.  If you have not upgraded to Catalina then the tools still work directly.

This is an information note and not a product endorsement,

User reports success using the tools with Crossover on Catalina.  If you have not upgraded to Catalina then the tools still work directly.

I didn't upgrade to Catalina yet but I have just figured out what happened with my corrupt songs and the game freezes. The ones converted and then REPAIRED with the Customs Forge Song Manager were the ones corrupted in 90% of the cases (the "not repaired ones" flagged or the repaired for dynamic difficulty). The 10% percent were errors ignored by the converter tool.

Check out my blackened death metal project at http://sepulcration.bandcamp.com/

• Developer

@@necronoid Plz see my DM.   I will analyze some corrupt Mac CDLC if you provide them, and then let Mac users know the findings here.

• Developer

@rhyspinot  Think you have your answer.  You may have multiple versions (duplicates) of the same CDLC that cause the game to lockup.  Run CFSM>Duplicates>DuplicateType (check for both) on your collection.  Use CFSM to delete any duplicates. 

You can thank @bwaredapenguin for recognizing the issue.  Let us know if this fixes the problem.

Hello, help needed please. I'm running El Capitan 10.11.6 on an early 2011 Macbook Pro. Rocksmith was running fine until today when an update installed and now I can't play any paid for DLC or CDLC songs.

I've tried to follow the instructions and it didn't work. I downloaded the Rocksmith Tools Lancher, unistalled reinstalled both Rocksmith and the launcher, still not working.

Starting to loose patience, don't understand what the Tools Launcher is for TBH... I'm not a techy, I just want to play some songs!

On 10/17/2019 at 4:04 PM, firekorn said:

The patch on the Mac tutorial is entirely up to date with the latest update to make RS compatible with Catalina. It has been available for 4 days already :

https://customsforge.com/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/

Is there a new link as this above is no longer accessible.  I appreciate any help

4 minutes ago, usuallylaughing said:

Is there a new link as this above is no longer accessible.  I appreciate any help

try this one
https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype