help adjusting volumes

Xacuit

Question

Hi can someone please explain how to unpack&adjust the volume settings in a cdlc & repack?I have a couple of cdlc i would like to adjust the guitar volume on because its just to low to hear what im playing even if i turn the music volume down really low then my speakers i have to turn up really loud!It is only with bought 3 tracks i have this problem with,all my other cdlc's work at the level i have RS2014 setup at,official or custom tracks!

Many Thanks Xacuit

11 answers to this question

I'd like to know too.  There are a few customs that need a little tweaking.  I like to have my part stand out a little above the music.  I think its the custom tone that needs a volume lift in these cases?  Just need to know what program to use.

I'd like to know too.  There are a few customs that need a little tweaking.  I like to have my part stand out a little above the music.  I think its the custom tone that needs a volume lift in these cases?  Just need to know what program to use.

Use the latest custom song creator toolkit here: http://www.rscustom.net/

In the first tab (Creator) click IMPORT at the bottom.  Double click the psarc file, and press enter one more time.  It will create a folder on your desktop (if that's the directory chosen before you pressed enter).  You can delete that folder when everything is done.

http://i.imgur.com/p6iZMN0.png

In the SONG INFORMATION section there is a volume box.  If you want to make the song volume louder, make the value closer to 0.  (-5 is really loud, -8 is normal, -11 is very quiet )

If the song volume is fine and you want to make the guitar louder/softer, double click the tone(s) in the TONES section.  You can change the guitar volume here, but closer to 0 is quiet (-13 is very quiet, 22 is normal, 30 is really loud).

When you're done, press GENERATE and it'll spit out a psarc file again if PC is checked in the PLATFORM area.  If you get an error, make sure you uncheck Mac/XBOX,PS3, unless that's the format you want.

• Like 4

You, Sir or Madam, are a gem!!

Thanks a heap Rockfirstlast.  I was slowly reading through the forums trying to figure it out.  You've just saved me a bunch of time and gotten straight to the answer.  Jeez I love this community.

You guys don't know about tone volume.

Its kinda wave function graphic,

it goes low from 0 to -10 and rises from -10 to -20 and goes low again from -20 to -30

Be careful, take care :)

You guys don't know about tone volume.

Its kinda wave function graphic,

it goes low from 0 to -10 and rises from -10 to -20 and goes low again from -20 to -30

Be careful, take care :)

Thanks.  I remember you posted a graph a while back but I never understood what it meant.

So after -20 the volume gets lower again?  -20 is a peak?

I think you can go further till 100 (its a limit in RSToolkit) and experiment with it, for me -36 or similar values are odd, I never go after -30. I have all that I need, but some RS tones had -36 and similar variations, as in RS1 and in RS2014, hope they got strong reasons to do so :)If you find what this multiplication does(-10 -20 -30 -40 etc) - let me know :)

HI Rockfirstlast I got2 give you a massive THANKYOU for this information,i have been trying for ages to figure out how 2 to do this with no luck!I have just done 1 of my fav songs that I couldn't play cose I couldn't hear myself&after a bit of fiddling with the numbers have got it sounding great :).Again Thankyou.

Regards Xacuit