Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer - Click on the image below

Poison - Talk Dirty To Me - Click on the image below

Hx5WMkJm.jpg   5Uw4FEgm.jpg

Europe - The Final Countdown (Guitar cover): Click here to watch

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/NunoJBSilvaGuitar
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nunojbsilva.guitarist/
Fb profile: https://www.facebook.com/NunoJBSilva.Musician

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I agree that KC isn't super hard for MC participants to score well on. But I definitely think Court of the Crimson King is an MC level song to perform, in ways that Rocksmith doesn't really score. Getting the dynamics right and making the notes ring out properly in this song is  absolutely an MC task in my opinion. Even if an Adv player could probably spam notes and please the Rocksmith judge, I doubt they could it sounding good without a lot of work. I am positive this song is out of the realm of Intermediate players, there's no way it's a 6...

But I guess every MC difficulty song I like either has no bass or some RR issue?! How about Constant Motion by Dream Theatre instead?

Constant Motion needs 5string Bass...

edit - but we already have a MC Bass song for this week, so maybe?

But like I saw the image it looks like the tab needs maybe significant changes for playability at least in this part.... in all probability this part is better with tapping

Edited by frippchen
  • Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@ - I just looked at the tab and imported it into EoF just to make sure, and it doesn't used the G string (I can move everything two strings higher, which you can't do if there's a not on either string), so all it needs is BEAD just like with The Looking Glass.

I don't want anything to do with that solo, especially if it's only one section, though.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Metallica - The Thing That Should Not Be: Lead 7

My reasoning for below 7, this song has very similar tempo, riffs, but yet the solo is much harder than for In the Court of the Crimson King.

Ok, so here goes final difficulty scores for week 52 songs:

Skyclad - The One Piece Puzzle: Lead 6

I'll revert my diff rating to 6, I remember this one being very arpeggio heavy with a decently difficult solo, just like this weeks mc song

I don't remember Thing That Should Not Be as well (and I hate dropped powerd chords) but Skyclad was simple. Arpeggios was only by name and solo was very simple (int simple).

I played this King Crimson song at similiar time, back then, and didn't finished the song because it was too difficult (and not fun to play :( ). So I'll definitely will agree with @, but if there are other issues, then it's good that will changing it.

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I thought another good candidate would be Rhapsody's Emerald Sword, but I just tested the bass in it and even with my imperfect ears I can tell it's not even close. Which is a shame, because the lead and rhythm charts are really fun. :cry:

Can't believe how many low quality customs are out there...

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

@@Mortalo @Thread I'm open for discussion about the difficulty, but I need reasons other than "its difficult", because i've just highlighted two examples that feel harder and gave reasons. 

the dropped power chords have similar shapes of the single notes in the main verse, but the solo kicks KC's ass in difficulty, the chords are nothing too complicated prior to that run, which leaves the arpeggios, and another song that had a huge rise in difficulty due to arpeggios is Skyclad, and it was similar tempo and not too complicated arpeggios.

Putting it at a 6 puts it on par with Comfortably Numb and Skyclad as far as difficulty goes, which i think is really accurate. Comfortably Numb opens up with some chords and then some pretty tricky lead hits that practice might not even hit, same with KC's arpeggios, some small string skipping in KC's solo keeps it at a solid 6, but nothing RR cant handle. Putting it at a 7 would be on par with The Grudge from tool, which has some very tricky riffs, is longer, and while no solo, the hand movement is much more active than KC. Putting it at an 8 would put it on par with The Wild Wind Blows. Which has a solo i still get an X on sometimes, a very active intro, and has some very wild changes. We have 120+ weeks of song ratings, i think difficulty should be really easy to determine now.

Many nice scores on all songs :)

@ - I just looked at the tab and imported it into EoF just to make sure, and it doesn't used the G string (I can move everything two strings higher, which you can't do if there's a not on either string), so all it needs is BEAD just like with The Looking Glass.

I don't want anything to do with that solo, especially if it's only one section, though.

Can you send me the bass chart transposed to 4-strings? I can rework the entire song for the championship

• Like 2

9A7alLl.jpg

@@Gamut - For the most part, I don't expect much out of any DLC that hasn't been updated since sometime in 2014. There definitely are some good ones, but for the most part the quality is lacking, whether because of community standards, improved tools, or whatever. And I also have a few charters who I'll trust to produce decent stuff, and there's stuff I sometimes see in streams that's old and good that I'll check out, but otherwise I've been burned to many times to trust them.

Anyway, here's my score on MC bass:

http://i.imgur.com/rzqOuDa.jpg

Edit: @@Nacholede - I didn't transpose the bass chart at all. What's in the chart that you currently have never uses the G string. I just played it (and there's note detection issues for some reason, especially in the chorus. Weird.) to confirm, and also checked the tabs on UG, which also never use the G string.

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 7

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Here you go @, you had the same argument a long long time ago 

Personally for my Skyclad lead much hard them John Butler lead, there a lot arpeggio. rate 8.

but then as you practiced, it started to change a little

After 2 hours in RR, and a lot restarts SC, i got <93%. My rate 7 anyway. a song more hard then a song by John Batler, with 2 riffs and one not very complicated solo. 

It took you quite a bit of time as well, and you rated this a 7

but you're rating KC as something harder than this....

Many nice scores on all songs :)

@@Gamut you yet not thrown choosing a song for whimsical ladies in MC?

I thought we were good with Constant Motion? If not, can we grab something else from the list for this week and maybe next week I'll have finished charting bass in my custom for Lust for Life by Heavenly? :o

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

I'm fine with Fripp  :D

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Int lead. As usual with D tuning, i have a few recognition issues i need to sort out.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/sio6cuxgdj3gcnh/221680_2016-02-28_00002.png?dl=0

....and more AM. Played this a little already.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jbtdgv1f6ad9y81/221680_2016-02-28_00001.png?dl=0

• Like 7

@ - great work!

I just was disappointed that everyone didn't die in the end...

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Chosen a new song for MC, via RNG from SSL.

MC Lead: Ten Years After - I'd Love To Change The World (rate 8)

MC Rhythm:  Ten Years After - I'd Love To Change The World (rate 8) - arpeggio

Int Bass:  Ten Years After - I'd Love To Change The World (rate 5).

Ps. @@Gamut, i don`t mind if your  choice  will be guaranteed at next week.

P.P.s. Please to all in classes below MC, don`t put a songs for MC in SSL,  if you not sure that tabs is good , leave this section in SSL for MC dudes.

• Like 5

first rhythm score MC

only 2 parts to memorize, and I miss the rhythm in the 2nd half

http://up.picr.de/24729161py.jpg

my rating for this path is ~7

• Like 4

better :)

http://up.picr.de/24729637xe.jpg

• Like 5